2006 Toyota Sienna

Based on 661 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

best van

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I have 05 Sienna LE (243K miles) and 05 Sienna CE (205K miles). I would recomment LE as it's quality is better comparing to CE. We've been riding those cars very hard. They are 4.5 years old right now. Gas Mileage ranges from 21-24 MPG in city to 24 (80 mph) - 27 (65 mph) on highway. We use Synthesic oil and do oil changes every 15K or so. So far, we changed timing belts at around 150K, right wheel bearings (242K on LE, 150K on CE.), and ceramic brake pads every 40K. Also, driver door stops broke on both cars in their first year due to bad quality welding job. It happened after cars reached 36K, so we did not bother fixing that. Also, radio volume bottons went bad a few months ago on both cars, but LE has volume controls on the steering wheel that still work fine. Otherwise, both Siennas outperformed (gas mileage, quality, and comfort) all other vans (10) that we have or had before. I hope to see one of my vans going over 300K within a year. My next van is going to be a Sienna too."

I swore I'd never own a minivan!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"This is my third Sienna. We leased the first two and realized that we should just own one. We bought my '04 Sienna in June of 2003. I saw the new design and thought the 8 seater was awesome and I had to have one. The drive is great. It's spacious inside. Tons of storage. I love that the back seats drop into the floor and it's like having a truck. I've moved an entire bedroom in the back. (I did take the 2nd row seats out) So after the driving the "mommyvan" for five years, with long trips to North Carolina, Ohio and Florida, and two hurricane evacuations, all with 3 kids, I have to say that I love it and can't imagine how we could've gotten along without it. Here is the one complaint I have, and this is with the folks who design them. I couldn't get an 8 seater with double power doors and power hatch. The XLE's that have power everything only come with 7 seats and leather. I thought that was dumb. Back on the positive side, I have to mention that it's like a timex. One of my boys, for some reason, decided to wedge a baseball in the hatch while it was open. I didn't notice, and the hydraulic thingy popped off when I tried to close it and the hatch came crashing down. I put it back together and it was fine. We parked on a hill in N.C. and the not-power side door got away from the six year old and actually came off the track. With a little doing, we got it back on and no problems since. Hopefully it'll keep running great for years to come. If it can survive my family, it can survive anything."

Yes, best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"My Toyota Cienna is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned! It is the fourth new car I've purchased during my lifetime. I am almost astounded at the quality. In more than four years of ownership, the ONLY thing that has gone wrong was a relay that controlled the defroster fan; and that was covered by the warranty. I haven't even had the brakes worked on yet. They passed with flying colors during the 30k service inspection at the dealer. * I also think I received more than I had hoped for, because it seems like a luxury car inside: it is so quiet, the sound system is excellent, and I love the upholstery with the cloth bucket seats all around. They feel warmer in the winter than leather or vinyl, and in the summer they absorb body sweat. * I am a snow skier, and I think this is one of the best "ski machines" on the road. It is more stable than an SUV, gets better mileage, and holds more people, skis, and equipment inside--locked up and out of the weather. I can get 5 skiers inside, including me, (with only one seat up on the back row), and all the skis and equipment they want to bring. The front-wheel drive is perfectly adequate for driving on snow-plowed roads and in parking lots with up to 4 inches of unplowed snow. I also like the short turning radius. * There is no mystery to me why Toyotas are selling so well. American manufacturers would do well to forgo so many gimics, bells-and-whistles, and model changes; and instead focus on quality and giving customers good service. BTW: My Toyota was built in the state of Indiana, so I know Americans workers can do it. Management is the key to improving the quality of American-branded automobiles. Cheers!"

Great van, a few warts

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"Mostly terrific and reliable van. A few complaints - a faulty door seal on the drivers side that seems to befuddle the dealers. Some wind noise is ok, but in a crosswind, the driver door sounds like the window was left open just a crack. The van has a few more rattles and squeaks than I'd like in this price range (XLE with Luxury package). the transmission needs to be a little more decisive at low speeds, as the "coast, then accelerate" seems to confuse it a bit. The factory Bridgestones were absolutely awful tires - zero snow traction and didn't even last 30K miles. Otherwise, very comfy, plenty of power, tons of space and mileage is good, bordering on outstanding if you don't speed too much."

This vans gets amazing mpg

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"My family bought a 2008 Sienna 8 passenger LE in March 08. No problems. Highway MPG is amazing considering the size, volume available, and the power the vehicle possesses. On highway trips (we frequent the mountains) we average 30 mpg, and have never gotten less than 27 - this is driving the speed limit on the interstate (75 mph), not poking along. In town, we routinely get 20 mpg - if you stay off the accelerator. I don't understand those that claim they get poor mileage unless they drive around in 1st gear. My wife and I argued about which vehicle we wanted, but ultimately she won. And I'm glad. We have a vehicle that gets respectable mileage considering its size and power. It will set you back in the seat. It's not like driving a van. It's no sports car, but it has more than enough power and it's smooth, thanks to a 6 speed transmission. We liked the Honda, but ultimately we chose the Sienna because of it's ride, power and options. Plus, the price my wife negotiated was about $2,000 less than an equivalent Honda."