2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 361 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

has 235,000 miles and still runs great!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "lasts forever"

Cons: "extra space is limited"

"This has been a very reliable van for our family for years. Definitely a good value. Drives just like the Camry."

wear and tear on handles latches and locks

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "quick, maneauvable"

Cons: "radio buttons fell off"

"sliding door button sticks, rear hatch broke, outside handles broke, sunroof drips"

Dependable transportion

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "V6 Engine in vell good, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Brakes squeal"

"No thrills vehicle. Brakes are horrible though. Brakes squealled within 6 months of purchasing car brand new. Replaced front and back brakes three times and brakes STILL squeal. Power Door is tempermatic and lock button on sliding door sticks inside the handle."

Expensive but quality is good

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"The 1998 version does not have the features of the later designs. It was an expensive vehicle but I purchased it for the reliability and quality for which Toyota was famous. I have owned this car for 15 years. The exterior body is excellent as is the interior because of my care. Tumble seats are heavy to remove. Cons: Tire pressure warning system had problems initially. Leaked oil. After a dozen years, the air conditioner gave out and could not be repaired because of the fusion between dissimilar metals in the connections. Sun visor mirror and light panel literally fell out while I was driving, and rear door handle broke, the latter occurring just two years ago. Back power windows have some issues at times (won't close on occasion). Tape player had issues, too when just about 7 years old, even though not used much. Eats tires. I am generally satisfied, though, but felt that the car was expensive, probably because it was newly made in 1998."

Expensive but quality is good

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Bought it used 6 years ago, cheap because it had a scratch and stained carpeting. I commute about 60 miles a day, it's held up beautifully, have driven it about 90,000. miles with just routine maintenance: brakes/tires/timing chain/battery."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "It drives like a dream."

Cons: "I can't think of any."

"Our family has had nothing but the best service from this vehicle. Even though it is a mini van and nobody gets really excited about owing one, once you drive it, you'll be sold. It has made my life so much easier with its power doors and video system. I'd recommend it to anyone."

Highly reliable van if maintained

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, good space, ok gas mileage"

Cons: "sliding door sometimes needs to be reset"

"I bought my 2001 Sienna new. Overall the Van has provided great service. I have maintained the van with 100% synthetic oil changing it every 3500-5000 miles. Trans oil changes every 50k. No oil gelling issues. Van has just started to use some oil between changes in the last 30k miles or so. Only non standard maintenace items needing to be replaced were a cat convetors (most expensive),air/fuel sensors, oil control valve, vacuum switching valve on charcoal canister , rear hatch door handle, and drivers sun visor. Couldn't be happier.. engine and trans still running great. Front end is a little loose but still ok. This van has made many long vacation trips filled to capacity without any issue. I am not sure if today's Sienna has the same quality level but knock wood this one has been highly reliable."

Awsome Van!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"Loved this car from the day I saw it. Only owned it for 3 months now and so far my worse complaint is the battery the dealer put in it! I had them replace the battery (it died!)and problem solved. It is touchy on snow and ice had to get used to the steering. My last car was older and it lasted me 3 and 1/2 years, family is betting that this will last me 8 + years and it is a 2002! Everyone seems to think that I made a good choice in a Toyota and I agree."

Excellent

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"I am very satisfied with this vehicle."

This van has major hardware issues

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "strong engine, comfortable ride"

Cons: "terrible hardware issues"

"My family has owned a 1998 Sienna for 10 years. It has served us well, but has had continual hardware failures. We have replaced these things: transmission at 8 years old, 3 out of the 4 exterior door handles, drivers side sun visor, the slider door panels have frequently come loose and rattle, both slider doors get stuck/handles freeze up and wont' open, and the rear quarter panel windows have worked intermittently and tend to rattle. An integration relay recently went out and we lost all interior dome lights, some dash lights, and the power door locks. That said, it is a still my daily driver and runs faithfully. The engine is still strong, but the body hardware and interior is falling apart. It keeps me humble when I am driving it around town."

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Great for road trips. comfortable to ride in"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car has been great to me and my daughters. Great car for road trips. I have gotten my money's worth. Keep the maintenance up and will last forever. I finally broke down and bought a newer car. This car will still be part of our family just don't want to put the miles on it every week. The cost of gas is a bit much."

Apparently the most popular minivan

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I don't own this car
Reason: Explosion

Pros: "Good for families and very popular"

"This seems to be the most popular minivan on the road today may not be just this model. It is nice and big on the inside and it is perfect for families with a lot of kids. This is also the best family vacation car when you would take a road trip with your family. Overall the ride is very smooth."

Great Auto !!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

"Absolutely great vehicle!! Good Mileage, Good Design, Dependable. No oil leaks, no mechanical problems, great ride, especially for 227,000 miles and still going great. Murphy"

Maintain this car ansd it lasts for ever and drive

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "strong, powerful, quiet, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better with the V-6"

"This car has never let me down. It is quiet and drives very well. It has more than enough power to tow a camper. Like all cars, one of the keys to this type of performance is to have all of the recommended work done on it as called for in the manual. Do that and it pays you back with very long trouble free performance."

Great ride

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

"Ihave a wifend 2 small children and this van i bought was the BEST van i have ever owned !"

Super Minivan

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, loads of space, still runs fine"

Cons: "getting old"

"This has been the best minivan ever. Ok, it is a tan minivan, so the cool factor is low but it is extremely comfortable for long drives. My wife has a bad back and can not stand the ride in most cars or vans. My Mother-in-law lives 1100 miles away and we have driven there every summer ans several winters over the last 12 years to visit. The interior is huge. If you remove the seats you can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. When the kids were small, we hauled strollers, fold-able play pens etc and were never over loaded. I will say that after 90,000 miles we started to have to make repairs, but compared to buying new, these have been manageable. We have spent $1500 to $2000 per year chasing oil leaks, dead batteries, and various other things, but it starts every day and takes my wife to work."

we had a few problems but we love it!!!!!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride and seats."

Cons: "wheels, engine, A/C broke."

"we had our sienna for 10 years and now we have problems with it. we did fix the shocks and rented a hyundai elantra (and we love that) and now the ride is very smooth and comfortable. but we still have to fix the engine and wheels. but we still love it!!!"

great van

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "definition of reliable"

Cons: "nothing of consequence"

"Bought this van with 50,000 miles on it at less than average trade in. What a bargain! Closing in on 200,000 miles since then and it's been a great ride in a great van. Used for touring, working out of, vacationing, kid running...everything. I've had Toyota, Honda and Nissan exclusively for 30 years and the Toyota win hands down every time. This van is like a timex watch. I love the smaller size compared to the newer generation vans... still plenty enough room. Only repairs till recently have been regular...just starting to get into o2 sensors, and this year door handles are giving out. I'm replacing and continuing. Just had it up on a lift yesterday and even in New England it has very little rust so I'm keeping it going. The transmission has trouble shifting out of low when it's cold. Only the first time it's driven after sitting...been doing that for 150,000 miles so it doesn't seem like a problem!My only suggestion to Toyota ...make a smaller van or a Corolla or Camry Wagon again (I've had both) Don't want an SUV!"

This is the best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great driving in all climates"

Cons: "cup holders were to close to heater"

"This car has been a joy to drive, ride and travel in. It is a one owner van and I have had very little that had to be fixed other then the air conditioning. I took it in for regular maintenance. It still runs like a top and has little to no rust. It is good in all types of weather."

Durable car - some minor design flaws

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Not flashy, 3rd row does not fold flat"

"I have had this car for over 7 years and it still is my daily driver. Biggest problem was transmission and AC compressor failing. This was after reaching the 250,000 miles so I don't fault it too much. On the other hand, whoever decided that the door handles should be made out of plastic should be fired. I had to replace both drive and passenger side."

If the power doors fail, they can easily be fixed

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Roomy comfortable drives OK & inexpensive operate"

Cons: "a little body roll & mushy steering"

"I have the 2001 XLE version and love it. Bought used with 30K miles and have over 190K now. Recently the ABS failed, but that just makes it regular brakes that I pump myself. Them A/C quit a few years ago, but I don't miss it. The check engine light came on about 2 years ago also. It relates to an anti-polution part (plastic tubes that regulate air/fuel mixture) that will cost $800 to fix. Other than that, it has just been tires, oil changes and brakes when needed. I've driven this car city and highway, mountains and desert, short hauls and long hauls, loaded to the quills and empty and not had problems. The power doors failed for me when I ran the battery down accidentially. They are really easy to fix - just google "fix (year) toyota sienna power doors". It amounts to turning the ignition on and off, manually operating the doors and then pushing the power button in a certain sequence. Really, it is easy and you do not have to pay anyone to do the fix. Keep the car. Fix the doors. Hope this helps whoever reads it."

Nice car, BUT..............

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Drives/handles great. Lot of room and versatility."

Cons: "Pwr doors defective, 3rd row seats rattle."

"I have a "love/hate" relationship. Love the way it drives, handles, and its roominess. The power doors decided to stopped working when the factory warranty ran out. Toyota Service Dept says "$3,000 MIGHT fix them". 3rd row seats have rattled since new and only stop when they are "tumbled" forward. Both "woofer" speakers on upgraded JBL sound system went out after 5 years. Cost $350 each to replace. All-in-all, at 112,000 miles, its been relatively trouble-free, except for the above-noted issues. Might be checking out other mini-van manufacturers in near future."

Very useful van

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Utility"

Cons: "Not a smooth ride."

"This car has never had any accident except for extremely small things. Had the back seats out for transporting a bicycle"

Great Van!!!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable, and powerful."

Cons: "ugly exterior"

"I've had this van for 9 years and it has 210,000 miles on it and still going strong! The only problems we've had on it were recent and they were a/c belt, alternator, power sliding door motor(we just removed it), and valve cover gaskets. I got it with 50,000 miles on it 9 years ago and for the first 6 or 7 years of owning it we took it from Cincinnati, Ohio to florida and back every summer without a problem. the only reason i dont go on vacation with it anymore is because i got a boat and truck. I highly recommend this to every family who takes long trips as it is a 5 star rated van and is rated THE SAFEST MINIVAN ever made. Just remember to change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles, replace tires every 5 years, and do brakes when necessary. It is also a very comfortable van as it has The 7 seating option with 4 Captains chairs and a rear bench seat or, The 8 seating, 2 captains chairs and 2 bench seats option. This van also has the 3.0 L V6 with 200hp that gets 23 mpg on the highway and 18mpg in the city. So this van has enough power to easily pass anyone on the highway and tow up to 3500 lbs."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25