2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 376 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

This is a GREAT vehicle

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, drives great, low maintenance"

"We have been very fortunate to have picked this van over 12 years ago. It has over 171,000 miles and it has been a true gem. Besides the normal maintenance on this van, we really haven't had any problems or major repairs. This includes the body and the paint still looks great! This vehicle has not been garaged for most of its life, so for it to look so great after all these years in the weather is amazing. It has been nothing but reliable over the years and when we buy a new van someday, we will definitely choose another Sienna."

Best, most reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "small cargo space"

"I love Toyota and love the Sienna - it's consistenly consistent. I'm currently at 260,000 miles and my mechanic tells me I can get 400,000 minimum - I'm taking the challenge. The only maintenance has been routine. I am diligent to change the oil, full tune ups about every other year, and good tires. It drives well in the snow, adequately tows small loads, handles beautifully and is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I will endure minivan mocking for reliability and excellence."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pros: "Excellent for family"

Cons: "Alternator replacement every 3 years"

"Excellent car for family, hauling, long trips, soccer team. Good gas mileage. Comfortable to drive. Like the styling better that later models. Fantastic in snow country (where we drove it for most of it's life) with only all weather tire. Occasional chains in heavy snow(use Spike spiders!) Only downside was a new alternator every 3 years..no matter what brand, new or refurb. But this was a minor inconvenience given our overall satisfaction."

really nice

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"i am the second owner of this van. very impressed with the way it handles and it rides like a car. currently have the seats down so it's like having a covered truck bed. have had a little issue with the battery, but believe that is all taken care of. i know everything that has ever been done to it, so i know it is a good vehicle."

Great mini van

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "You ride up high, you see more than a sedan"

Cons: "The rear vision is not the best"

"This was a little disappointing from the Previa. I thought of the Previa as my rubber car. The Sienna was smaller. I had hoped that I would enjoy it as much. I do love sitting up high and I love the leather. I installed Satellite Radio and upgraded the speakers. The sliding doors do not work. You have to manually open them. But it is a great car with 165,000 miles on it."

reliable and comfortable

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "easy drive, easy ride"

Cons: "road noise is a bit loud"

"I pulled a pop-up camper 10,000 miles and averages 20 mpg. On long trips in cruise control I have gotten as high as 27+. The advantage of this one over new ones is that the seats not used can be taken out and reduce the weight in the car. It is a great riding vehicle not bouncy like smaller cars. And you are high enough to see what is ahead of you. It has done everything I have needed to have done. I have done regular mainainance, oil change at 5000 and tire rotations."

I love my car.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Sit up high, so easy to see out of, fun to drive."

Cons: "no cons"

"My mini-van is so easy to drive and comfortable to sit in. It seats 7, so I can fit most of my grandchildren in it. I taught 2 grandchildren to drive in it and they loved how well you could see out of it. It's easy to get in and out of because of the height. I love the running boards, also."

Work every penny!

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "strong and solid engine"

Cons: "door handles if I have to list something. lol"

"Personally after reading all the review. I must say, if you have 300,000 miles on the car, you should be looking for the above and beyond the scale can provide. And if you are killing the rating over the CD player not in the vehicle, just keep in mind the vehicle is about 14 years old. CD was an option at the time and obviously someone did not pay for the option. With the money you save, you could of have an after market one install as well. Now that's out of the way,I would like to say the engine of the vehicle is still going strong, just simple maintenance will keep the car going for a very long time. The most issue that I have really is the door handles for interiors and exteriors. I know quite few people had the same issue. I even saw a lady driving the same car on the street with all handles dangling. It cracks me up to see the same car and color withe the same issues that I have and I just got mine fixed. Good luck is you are considering the same car or newer!"

Great car - Excellant value

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"Bought this car with about 70,000 miles. Now has over 292,000! Still has lots of power. One major complaint was door handle breakage. All door handles operate a cable to open the doors. All 5 have broken at least once - 2 of them twice. Age, New York winters and salt will soon force the retirement of our best car to date."

fabulous family vehicle. comfortable and spacious

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "comfortable driving. spacious. extremely reliabl"

Cons: "a couple of blind spots."

"Love our minivan. Can adjust which seats to remove or just drop down. Plenty of drink holders. Very comfortable seats. Has never ever broken down on us. Regular maintainance only needed. Amazing comfort for such an old car. Easily fits 7 people with space inside and on the rooftop carrier."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats that fit me, roomy, economical,"

Cons: "Cassette instead of CD player"

"Never dreamed I would drive a minivan, but I have over 300,000 miles on this Sienna LE and I love it! I have never owned a Toyota and never drove a minivan, but I will definitly be buying another one after this one. The only thing I would change is that it has a cassette instead of CD player and I would improve the speakers."

Love this van

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

"I have had this van for 11 years and it is very reliable (I have changed oil and performed regular maintenance the whole time) I love the two electric doors. When my children were small these were invaluable. Only small things have broken up until this year. A CD has gotten in the CD player and the rear door handle broke and there isnt another way to open it ie no handle on the inside to pop the rear."

Overall pleased but...

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "heavy safe"

Cons: "rear seats a pain to remove"

"Still have under 100k, and warranty for sludge is only 10 years now. so hopefully I will have no sludge. Seems that I am penalized a bit from Toyota since I do not drive it as much. Carr performs great, but there is like 7 emission sensors on van that make check engine come on. Replaced one that was easy labor 250.00, the other was like near gas tank, almost a grand . 95% repairs made at Toyota dealer"

Great Mini-van!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Good mpg, Great A/C"

Cons: "Minor electrical problems"

"We purchased this van used with 100k miles on it and have added over 50k in 4 years. It gets 23 mpg on the highway with no a/c and about 20mpg in the city with a/c. The a/c is one of the best features! It has front and rear controls and works great! We have needed it while driving in the south. Our 1991 Privia had more head and leg room for our tall guys and a great fresh air ventilation when not running the a/c, but I enjoy the confidence of the improved safety rating of the Sienna. The only problems we have had are intermittent electrical troubles with the locks and windows. Otherwise, tires, oil changes and routine maintenance have kept it running great."

good car for it's money

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Worth the money"

Cons: "Drives like a truck"

"It was very affordable. I had it for 12 years and we are about to trade it for the Kia Sorento."

Best Car Ever

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, Fun to drive, easy to drive love it"

Cons: "to big for what it holds"

"The car had great gas mileage, comfortable and affordable worth the price"

Incredibly reliable. Going strong at 257,000 miles

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Super reliable. Comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Body hardware, such as sliding doors."

"This is my second Sienna. I purchased both new, one in 1998 and this one in the fall of 2001. Other than scheduled maintenance, such as replacing the timing belt at 90,000 and 180,000 miles, this minivan has required very little. It's had the brakes serviced a couple times. I replaced the original battery after nine years and I change oil every 5,000 miles. There is no rust and the finish still looks good. The only signs of age are the rear sliding doors, which are getting noisy and the carpet which is quite worn. It has always started in the cold Minnesota winters and runs like a much newer vehicle. When it had 250,000 miles, I purchased new 100,000 mile rated tires. Our goal is 300,000 miles, but this car owes us nothing. When it dies I will give it a dignified burial and go shopping for a new Toyota, probably back to a Camry this time."

Best!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "all over"

"I drive it, my family drive it, never let us down, minimal maintenance needed, comfortable, reliable....GO TOYOTA! and ford stinks!!!"

Over 200,000 miles and we have not done much to it

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "non"

"We have had to put tires and timing belts on it and that is it. It has been a wonderful van!"

love my sienna

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"love it sow much"

My best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, roomy. 3rd row seats remove"

Cons: "Dual sliding doors are manual."

"I purchased this minivan new in 1998. I have driven it for 14 years with standard maintenance. It is the most reliable, versatile, comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I expect to drive it for another several years! And I will replace it with another Toyota! I'm sold!"

HATE this car!!!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "You can haul your family of 5 in it..."

Cons: "Maintenence nightmare"

"The vehicle seems to run okay, but little things are driving us nuts! We had the driver side passenger door handle replaced once because it broke. It's broken again. It should NOT need a new rack for the steering at 129K miles. The emergency brake light stays on. The check engine light is usually on, but hasn't come back on since we replaced the battery a few days ago...give it time. (We know what the problem with that is, but don't have $200 to replace a part that doesn't affect the driving of the vehicle.) It won't stay in alignment, so we have to make sure our tires are rotated monthly to keep them wearing evenly. I am sooooo fed up with this car and will NEVER buy another van because of the issues we've had with this one! It's amazing that my husband's 1996 Nissan Pick up has 290,000 and all we've done is routine maintenance... (clutches, brakes, tires, tuneups) I expected the same from this Toyota."

Best car we owned

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"Have had this van 12.5 years and it is by far the best vehicle we ever owned. It is still going strong and expect to get many more years and miles out of it."

Really rice van

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "A lot of standard features, drives like the Camry."

"The 2000 Toyota Sienna is a very good van that you get great reliability and you will have to do little repairs if you take care of it. The Sienna drives very nimble likes it's cousin the Camry. I would recommend this van to a friend. The engine and transmission are very smooth and powerful."

No problems, very low maintance, easy to drive,

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "I can trust it ,"

Cons: "front tires, 02 sensors, nothing really"

"I have installed 4 sets of tires"