2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 383 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great reliability

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and handles well"

Cons: "Could use better positioned cup holders"

"This vehicle is very reliable and handles well for a mini-van. Gas mileage is 20 mixed and only slightly more on the highway. Aerodynamic shape handles well other than really severe crosswinds but even then speeds in 70's obtainable. I bought at 4000 miles and think it is the best vehicle I ever owned. No significant engine or body hardware issues. Wish they still made this style since it is 6" shorter and 6" narrower than the current bloated ones being sold."

The best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "nothing every breaks on it, easy to drive."

Cons: "One removal seat jams."

"I bought it with 92,000 miles, now it has 247,000. It just keeps on running. I have replaced the timing belt once, the power steering pump once, but everything else is original. My wife has a 2000 version of the same which we use to tow a trailer. Both vans good power, good comfort, and a great van. I have been very pleased I bought this van and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

Sienna Minivan wonderful car - want a new car

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Solid performer in great shape."

Cons: "Minor paint damage left rear bumper"

"It is the best vehicle I have ever driven. I just want a new car. Absolutely reliable. It has JBL sound system. The rear bumper has never been replaced but has been repainted. It's the only place where there is some paint chipping on its left side. Other than that, terrific."

Love this car

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

"I've driven this car for 8 years. It is very reliable and never has let me down. Love it."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Handling,Comfort,Reliability,Cargo Capacity"

Cons: "Wet Road Handling Could Be Better (Snow is great)."

"I am the only owner of this 2000 Sienna XLE. It has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 283,000 miles and is only now starting to show signs of age. The only maintenance we have done is normal wear and tear (Brakes, tires, etc), and manufacturer's recommendations (timing belt, other belts, etc), with the exception of a pin breaking in the ignition wiring harness requiring a replacement of the wiring harness. Paint is very durable. I got creamed by baseball sized hail a few years ago and although the car has little dents, no paint is chipped (and no glass broke!). Very durable! It handles very well in most conditions, including snow. On extremely wet roads it has a tendency to catch water in the wheel wells, very slightly affecting handling, but this could be a function of tires and the fact that I don't have splash guards. This is only when there is 2-3 inches of water on the road. Handles well even when fully loaded. Still has the same power. It has a few electronic glitches that I understand were fixed with later models (power door sensors malfunction when wet, tire pressure warning system notoriously unreliable). Seats are comfortable. Interior is roomy. Plenty of cargo space. All four rear seats can be removed for extra cargo room -- more room than my standard bed pickup truck! Leather seats are so durable! Stood up to 7 years of kids in car seats and all the messes that go along with that and doesn't show at all. Mileage has been much better than advertised. I've averaged 25 mpg on the highway, which is well above the manufacturers number. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on this car. I am now shopping for a new car and if I still needed the capacity of a van, I would buy another Sienna without hesitation. But now that my kids are driving, I'm downsizing my car. However, my top choice is still Toyota."

Reliable, Dependable, Comfortable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Great all around van."

"My 2000 Sienna is a great van. I have put some rather hard miles on it, driving often on gravel roads and in snow. It has over 175,000 miles on it. The only troubles I've had were with the battery and the battery cable/connection. I have had to replace both window motors as well. It does leak a little oil, but not enough to worry between oil changes. The only time it got low enough to worry about I went 6,000 miles between changes. It is comfortable and gives a nice, smooth, tight ride. You don't hear a whole lot of road noise either so that is nice."

ME??!! In a MiniVan??!! I own one & Love It!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"FAMOUS 'Last Words' are often the ones I end-up eating! This 60+ Lady found herself looking at the LE Toyota Sienna.With my Much Loved 4Runner's TOTAL FLIP-OUT (literally) I was now In-the-market for another car. The info. I received, after the accident of course, is that 4Runners were/are notorious for FLIPPING! Golly,don't have to tell me twice! However, what could replace my heavy, 4WD,Bells & Whistles! Above all, must be Toyota After my Hearty Meal of famous last words, I came across a Sienna LE. Before the TD, I looked inside…..Clean! Smells great, Upholstery Well Cared for.,AND creme-de-la-creme, It didn't seat 4/5 but 7!! Test Drive? Well, I bought it,(2009) still drive it.Runs great. Was already 10 years old when purchased with Average Milage. Today, she boasts a Really Tight Engine, Skin still looks fairly good for her age, With Low-Mileage {just below 170,000}. She is in need of repairs or fixes all minor, Thank You, Lord. So I bid Adieu! In closing I want to comment about Toyota Vehicles: I have owned, driven, used many Makes (mostly Amer.) In those years, I can Honestly report, that T has always stood the test for Reliability,Comfort, Safety, etc.. Engine durability should stand, I believe, with No Others. I don't know if the many Foreign or Domestic Makers have the same outstanding features which seem to be Toyota's TradeMark. I HIGHLY recommend Toyota Products."

Quietest, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfort, quiet, roomy,versitile, Quality"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this used in 2009 with 171,000 miles on it. It now has 268,000+ on it, and just had to replace timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, plugs & many seals for first major repair in Feb. 2014. Water pump was only changed as a precaution, since they already had to remove it to get to timing belt. Replacing front brakes was easy & fairly inexpensive. Headlight replacement is a 2 minute job, even in the winter, with no tools! Compared to 2009 Chevy Malibu, in which you must remove the front of the car, grill, inner fender, etc., to get to the lights-$125.00!! For a stupid headlight! This Sienna is quieter & more comfortable than a new Chrysler Town & Country we had as a loaner vehicle. It also handles very well. Dual A.C. & heat are great, 2 rear captain's chairs & back seats totally removable from van, and has full size spare which we have never used. With all rear seats removed, I can haul 4'x 8' sheets of plywood with all doors completely closed! And it pulls a 3,500lb. trailer with no trouble. It has been in 1 accident, hit from behind & front, and protected my family very well by absorbing the impact. It has NEVER failed us, and I plan to drive it as long as I can. Just keep maintaining it & do reasonable repairs & preventative maintenance, and it will last!"

Best family vehicle you could ask for

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive and very dependable"

"Bought this car Aug 2000. We (wife and two children) have driven this car just about everywhere. It has been virtually problem free and a pleasure to drive. I highly recomend this as a family car."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quality, endurance, price"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, sticky door buttons, lean"

"My Mother bought this in '98 and just purchased a new 2014. Her van has 375k miles as of today. She had the engine replaced at 120k per factory recall. After 255k on the rebuilt motor is is still strong as ever. She loves this van and has had only a few minor issues with it, one being the inside 3rd/4th doors door opening buttons stick at times. She just replaced the radiator at 360k miles. It will now be handed ownership to someone in the Family. The van, as with most mini-vans it has a weird feel in the corners, it has a unstable feeling which i thinks comes form being higher, not as wide of a wheel base, but it is not dangerous. It is still getting 24 MPG with full power in the engine as well."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"

GREAT RELIABLE LUXURY VAN

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Drives smoothly"

"Have owned for 13 years and have loved every minute of it. Still looks like a modern vehicle, and has never given me one miunte of problems. I intend to drive it until it dies, which I feel will be at least another 13 years! Best deal in town!!!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable. small and easy to park for a minivan"

Cons: "cup holders are very shallow."

"I bought my 2003 XLE brand new and have loved it! I was anxious to buy a Sienna in the older, small rounded body style and managed to buy one of the last ones available. It went from toting two kids, their cars seats and strollers, to their BMX bikes, then I added a bike rack for carrying our big mountain bikes. Now it hauls a cello to lessons and anything else I need to carry. I have had to replace one of the stereo speakers, but that's about it. Every other non wear and tear part of the car is still groovin' right along at 160K miles. I do have one irritation with it though: a few years ago it started dying occasionally when I would first start the engine. It's very odd, it just refuses to idle. I have to keep my foot lightly on the the gas and break at the same time until I'm past the first few stops on the road, then it's fine. Numerous repair shops have been unable to figure it out, although I haven't taken it to a Toyota dealer. It's really just an annoyance, and anyway, it wouldn't do it if it was at the dealer. Cars are sneaky that way."

The best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine, well built body, dependable"

Cons: "I've tried, really, but I can't think of any."

Jan. 2014 taken in Kentucky after driving through the second blizzard that month.

"I bought my 2000 Toyota Sienna in Nov. 1999 with 103 miles on it. We bought an XLE, with the towing package and with the plan to put 300,000 miles on it. 15 yrs out now, my van has 180,000 miles on it and it's been all over the country, driven through several blizzards, through mountain passes, and on city streets in 103 degree weather. We perform the recommended maintenance on time, every time. I steam clean the carpets once a year, even the interior looks like a newer vehicle. The engine runs like it is brand new. I love the power available in the engine, such as when I've made an error on an entrance ramp and need to gun it to make sure I'm not forcing someone to slam on their brakes. The engine has never needed anything but normal maintenance. I have flushed every fluid for the second time now and fully expect I'll put another 100,000 miles on it. The rear hatch handle is made of hard plastic, it had to be replaced recently and I replaced to with a metal one myself. Nothing else has given us a problem. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thrilled to be driving an engine with 180,000 miles with no foreseen need to rebuild the engine. I drove it halfway across the country in January, through 2 blizzards and the TN mountains twice without a doubt of its ability. I'm very glad to own this vehicle. The photo was taken in Kentucky at the end of the second blizzard."

Great motor/power, new tires, needs emissions work

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, people/cargo space; removable seats"

Cons: "Emissions systems needs work; body scrapes, dents"

Toyota Sienna 2001

"Got van in 2001. Has had a pretty sheltered life in garages. Reliable. Left thumb-controlled CD and radio player. Electric windows. Four new General Altimax RT 205/70 R15 all-season radials.Trailer hitch. Check engine light on because OBD computer senses emissions system problems in fuel vapor (carbon canister) and catalytic converter system. Replaced one oxygen sensor this year. Timing belt fine but due to be changed; at least one strut and two wheel covers need to be replaced. Dents shown in photos."

Toyota Sienna 2001

Extremely reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

"My Toyota Sienna minivan has 230,000 miles (and counting) and other than routine maintenance has given me very little problems. This car has been an excellent value and transported our family and a lot of stuff all over the country. I love my little green van!"

This Car has been such a faithful, reliable Slave.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, and still does 25 miles/Gal"

"We bought used in New Mexico. It had 100,000 miles. We have done the usual recommended maintenance on it. Of course after 200,000 miles you should expect that regular maintenance on a car will cost you around $500 a year. Now it has 280,000 miles."

needs new exhaust system

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"needs lots of repair"

This car has been the best overall car I have had

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Everythimg"

Cons: "Nothing so far."

"I love this vehicle. It is comfortable, easy to maneuver, sturdy, has held up without needing a costly repair since I purchased it used in 2011 with 139,000 miles. It is very roomy. The seats are easy to remove . The sliding doors for the back seat work in a convenient way for back seat access. There are a number of little extras that give it a touch of luxury.Both he air conditioning and heating systems provide immediate cold and warmth.The way the seats recline to almost a bed make it easy to take a quick nap when needed.The emissions system is finely calibrated , an example of the quality Toyota puts into its design. For the size of the vehicle I am satisfied with the gas per mile."

Very reliable and dependable car.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Most reliable and dependable car I have ever owned. 200,K and still does not used any oil. I burn Mobile 1 which I'm sure helps. Have had literately no mechanical issues other than regular maintenance. Very comfortable car."

Long term vehichle

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

"I bought this used in 2008 with almost 200,000 miles on it. Now in 2014 it has around 240,000 miles on it and it's still going strong mechanically. Issues with this van are minor, the power door sticks in extreme temperatures, the tailgate handle broke and had to be replaced, and now one of the seats isn't latching into place correctly so I'll have to have that looked at but this van is holding up really well to well my 4 kids and busy schedule."

Best Family Vehicle

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

"Only one owner on record. Have not been used to travel out of State. Have Aluminum 16" tire with 4 steel spare tire, used for winter.Black Color with factory tinted glass. Maintenance is all done by the owner."

has 235,000 miles and still runs great!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "lasts forever"

Cons: "extra space is limited"

"This has been a very reliable van for our family for years. Definitely a good value. Drives just like the Camry."

wear and tear on handles latches and locks

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "quick, maneauvable"

Cons: "radio buttons fell off"

"sliding door button sticks, rear hatch broke, outside handles broke, sunroof drips"

Dependable transportion

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "V6 Engine in vell good, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Brakes squeal"

"No thrills vehicle. Brakes are horrible though. Brakes squealled within 6 months of purchasing car brand new. Replaced front and back brakes three times and brakes STILL squeal. Power Door is tempermatic and lock button on sliding door sticks inside the handle."