2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 371 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable. small and easy to park for a minivan"

Cons: "cup holders are very shallow."

"I bought my 2003 XLE brand new and have loved it! I was anxious to buy a Sienna in the older, small rounded body style and managed to buy one of the last ones available. It went from toting two kids, their cars seats and strollers, to their BMX bikes, then I added a bike rack for carrying our big mountain bikes. Now it hauls a cello to lessons and anything else I need to carry. I have had to replace one of the stereo speakers, but that's about it. Every other non wear and tear part of the car is still groovin' right along at 160K miles. I do have one irritation with it though: a few years ago it started dying occasionally when I would first start the engine. It's very odd, it just refuses to idle. I have to keep my foot lightly on the the gas and break at the same time until I'm past the first few stops on the road, then it's fine. Numerous repair shops have been unable to figure it out, although I haven't taken it to a Toyota dealer. It's really just an annoyance, and anyway, it wouldn't do it if it was at the dealer. Cars are sneaky that way."

The best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine, well built body, dependable"

Cons: "I've tried, really, but I can't think of any."

Jan. 2014 taken in Kentucky after driving through the second blizzard that month.

"I bought my 2000 Toyota Sienna in Nov. 1999 with 103 miles on it. We bought an XLE, with the towing package and with the plan to put 300,000 miles on it. 15 yrs out now, my van has 180,000 miles on it and it's been all over the country, driven through several blizzards, through mountain passes, and on city streets in 103 degree weather. We perform the recommended maintenance on time, every time. I steam clean the carpets once a year, even the interior looks like a newer vehicle. The engine runs like it is brand new. I love the power available in the engine, such as when I've made an error on an entrance ramp and need to gun it to make sure I'm not forcing someone to slam on their brakes. The engine has never needed anything but normal maintenance. I have flushed every fluid for the second time now and fully expect I'll put another 100,000 miles on it. The rear hatch handle is made of hard plastic, it had to be replaced recently and I replaced to with a metal one myself. Nothing else has given us a problem. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thrilled to be driving an engine with 180,000 miles with no foreseen need to rebuild the engine. I drove it halfway across the country in January, through 2 blizzards and the TN mountains twice without a doubt of its ability. I'm very glad to own this vehicle. The photo was taken in Kentucky at the end of the second blizzard."

Great motor/power, new tires, needs emissions work

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, people/cargo space; removable seats"

Cons: "Emissions systems needs work; body scrapes, dents"

Toyota Sienna 2001

"Got van in 2001. Has had a pretty sheltered life in garages. Reliable. Left thumb-controlled CD and radio player. Electric windows. Four new General Altimax RT 205/70 R15 all-season radials.Trailer hitch. Check engine light on because OBD computer senses emissions system problems in fuel vapor (carbon canister) and catalytic converter system. Replaced one oxygen sensor this year. Timing belt fine but due to be changed; at least one strut and two wheel covers need to be replaced. Dents shown in photos."

Toyota Sienna 2001

Extremely reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

"My Toyota Sienna minivan has 230,000 miles (and counting) and other than routine maintenance has given me very little problems. This car has been an excellent value and transported our family and a lot of stuff all over the country. I love my little green van!"

This Car has been such a faithful, reliable Slave.

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, and still does 25 miles/Gal"

"We bought used in New Mexico. It had 100,000 miles. We have done the usual recommended maintenance on it. Of course after 200,000 miles you should expect that regular maintenance on a car will cost you around $500 a year. Now it has 280,000 miles."

See if you qualify for