2002 Toyota Sienna

Based on 372 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Maintain this car ansd it lasts for ever and drive

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "strong, powerful, quiet, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better with the V-6"

"This car has never let me down. It is quiet and drives very well. It has more than enough power to tow a camper. Like all cars, one of the keys to this type of performance is to have all of the recommended work done on it as called for in the manual. Do that and it pays you back with very long trouble free performance."

Great ride

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

"Ihave a wifend 2 small children and this van i bought was the BEST van i have ever owned !"

Super Minivan

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, loads of space, still runs fine"

Cons: "getting old"

"This has been the best minivan ever. Ok, it is a tan minivan, so the cool factor is low but it is extremely comfortable for long drives. My wife has a bad back and can not stand the ride in most cars or vans. My Mother-in-law lives 1100 miles away and we have driven there every summer ans several winters over the last 12 years to visit. The interior is huge. If you remove the seats you can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. When the kids were small, we hauled strollers, fold-able play pens etc and were never over loaded. I will say that after 90,000 miles we started to have to make repairs, but compared to buying new, these have been manageable. We have spent $1500 to $2000 per year chasing oil leaks, dead batteries, and various other things, but it starts every day and takes my wife to work."

we had a few problems but we love it!!!!!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride and seats."

Cons: "wheels, engine, A/C broke."

"we had our sienna for 10 years and now we have problems with it. we did fix the shocks and rented a hyundai elantra (and we love that) and now the ride is very smooth and comfortable. but we still have to fix the engine and wheels. but we still love it!!!"

great van

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "definition of reliable"

Cons: "nothing of consequence"

"Bought this van with 50,000 miles on it at less than average trade in. What a bargain! Closing in on 200,000 miles since then and it's been a great ride in a great van. Used for touring, working out of, vacationing, kid running...everything. I've had Toyota, Honda and Nissan exclusively for 30 years and the Toyota win hands down every time. This van is like a timex watch. I love the smaller size compared to the newer generation vans... still plenty enough room. Only repairs till recently have been regular...just starting to get into o2 sensors, and this year door handles are giving out. I'm replacing and continuing. Just had it up on a lift yesterday and even in New England it has very little rust so I'm keeping it going. The transmission has trouble shifting out of low when it's cold. Only the first time it's driven after sitting...been doing that for 150,000 miles so it doesn't seem like a problem!My only suggestion to Toyota ...make a smaller van or a Corolla or Camry Wagon again (I've had both) Don't want an SUV!"

This is the best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great driving in all climates"

Cons: "cup holders were to close to heater"

"This car has been a joy to drive, ride and travel in. It is a one owner van and I have had very little that had to be fixed other then the air conditioning. I took it in for regular maintenance. It still runs like a top and has little to no rust. It is good in all types of weather."

Durable car - some minor design flaws

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Not flashy, 3rd row does not fold flat"

"I have had this car for over 7 years and it still is my daily driver. Biggest problem was transmission and AC compressor failing. This was after reaching the 250,000 miles so I don't fault it too much. On the other hand, whoever decided that the door handles should be made out of plastic should be fired. I had to replace both drive and passenger side."

If the power doors fail, they can easily be fixed

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Roomy comfortable drives OK & inexpensive operate"

Cons: "a little body roll & mushy steering"

"I have the 2001 XLE version and love it. Bought used with 30K miles and have over 190K now. Recently the ABS failed, but that just makes it regular brakes that I pump myself. Them A/C quit a few years ago, but I don't miss it. The check engine light came on about 2 years ago also. It relates to an anti-polution part (plastic tubes that regulate air/fuel mixture) that will cost $800 to fix. Other than that, it has just been tires, oil changes and brakes when needed. I've driven this car city and highway, mountains and desert, short hauls and long hauls, loaded to the quills and empty and not had problems. The power doors failed for me when I ran the battery down accidentially. They are really easy to fix - just google "fix (year) toyota sienna power doors". It amounts to turning the ignition on and off, manually operating the doors and then pushing the power button in a certain sequence. Really, it is easy and you do not have to pay anyone to do the fix. Keep the car. Fix the doors. Hope this helps whoever reads it."

Nice car, BUT..............

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Drives/handles great. Lot of room and versatility."

Cons: "Pwr doors defective, 3rd row seats rattle."

"I have a "love/hate" relationship. Love the way it drives, handles, and its roominess. The power doors decided to stopped working when the factory warranty ran out. Toyota Service Dept says "$3,000 MIGHT fix them". 3rd row seats have rattled since new and only stop when they are "tumbled" forward. Both "woofer" speakers on upgraded JBL sound system went out after 5 years. Cost $350 each to replace. All-in-all, at 112,000 miles, its been relatively trouble-free, except for the above-noted issues. Might be checking out other mini-van manufacturers in near future."

Very useful van

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Utility"

Cons: "Not a smooth ride."

"This car has never had any accident except for extremely small things. Had the back seats out for transporting a bicycle"

Great Van!!!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable, and powerful."

Cons: "ugly exterior"

"I've had this van for 9 years and it has 210,000 miles on it and still going strong! The only problems we've had on it were recent and they were a/c belt, alternator, power sliding door motor(we just removed it), and valve cover gaskets. I got it with 50,000 miles on it 9 years ago and for the first 6 or 7 years of owning it we took it from Cincinnati, Ohio to florida and back every summer without a problem. the only reason i dont go on vacation with it anymore is because i got a boat and truck. I highly recommend this to every family who takes long trips as it is a 5 star rated van and is rated THE SAFEST MINIVAN ever made. Just remember to change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles, replace tires every 5 years, and do brakes when necessary. It is also a very comfortable van as it has The 7 seating option with 4 Captains chairs and a rear bench seat or, The 8 seating, 2 captains chairs and 2 bench seats option. This van also has the 3.0 L V6 with 200hp that gets 23 mpg on the highway and 18mpg in the city. So this van has enough power to easily pass anyone on the highway and tow up to 3500 lbs."

Cons: "Too many problems to count..."

"We bought our 2002 Sienna 5 years ago with approx 60,000 miles on it--expecting it to get up to 200,000+ without much hassle, not the major problems we got starting at just over 100,000. For the first 3 years we didn't have any problems, but for the last 2 it has been one thing after another. A year ago we had to replace the whole computer. Put another $2000 into it two months ago only to have the check engine light come on AGAIN just recently. Which just happened to coincide with the automatic sliding door breaking and the need for our annual safety inspection. Took it in and the catalytic converter and O2 sensors are shot, it failed safety for several reasons, and the motor is shot in the automatic door. Altogether, repair costs are more than the value of the vehicle! Besides these major problems, there are all sorts of small parts breaking throughout and several repeat issues that keep resurfacing even after they were "fixed." Sick and tired of feeling like I got a lemon. Figuring we just happened to get a lemon we went ahead and bought a 2006 Camry with just over 100,000 miles and again, issue after issue draining our bank account and more simple things that show the quality is just not there. Don't think I'll buy Toyota again any time soon!"

would buy it again

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cons: "wish back side windows opened"

"comfortable, reliable. Everything within reach. This is my third Toyota off the showroom floor...highly recommend."

WONDERFUL CAR .

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "GOT MY MONEY WORTH"

"WONDERFUL CAR, OVER 400000 MILES, STILL HAVE SOME OF THE ORGINAL PARTS."

A real workhorse!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Strength, room, simplicity"

Cons: "As mine was a CE, not much for accessories"

"Being a single, older, woman, I am often asked why I need a van. My 2000 Sienna CE allow me to take my mother on the last road trip of her life - comfortably. Later, it became the easiest vehicle in the family to get her into and out of when she was wheelchair bound. It has hauled gardening rock for a three tier garden, gotten a groom and his groomsmen to the church on time, etc. I will miss her, but with my limited knowledge of car care I hope to find someone to take better care of her for her next 100K miles! And I'd buy another 2000 Sienna with fewer miles in a minute!"

Excellant Van

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: New Toyota

Pros: "Durable, good room."

Cons: "Door handles."

"I purchased this van new and owned it for 15 years and 202000 miles. I did most maintenance myself. I ran synthetic oil - no sludge. Removing the oil filter is messy. I changed the transmission oil every year. No transmission problems even while pulling U-Hauls to college.I had one power window stop working which I changed. I have changed 4 of 5 door handles over the years. Easy to do except the drivers door. I have replaced the radiator last year. Cracked on the top at the hose where most do. Great van on long trips. We traded it in for a Venza - downsizing."

Reliable, incredible value and the best I've owned

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, excellent production, value"

Cons: "Removal of back seats is difficult"

"I bought this Toyota Sienna van because I wanted a vehicle that would last beyond 3 years. I've had others that would start to breakdown after a three year period in small and some in big ways. Relying on friends who raved about their Toyotas, I made the switch and bought one. My plan was to see if it would last at least 8 years. Well, I have to remind myself that it is now 11 years old. I'm certain that I could get several more years out of it. Except for minor problems due to age, it is very sound. I will definitely buy another Toyota."

Great dependable van.. Perfect for kids &families

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, great features for kids and families"

Cons: "Turn radius"

"Great van. Dependable. Perfect for kids and families with features such a leather interior , power windows, reclining seats, flip down video screen/ system, sunroof, and remote power doors."

This is a GREAT vehicle

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, drives great, low maintenance"

"We have been very fortunate to have picked this van over 12 years ago. It has over 171,000 miles and it has been a true gem. Besides the normal maintenance on this van, we really haven't had any problems or major repairs. This includes the body and the paint still looks great! This vehicle has not been garaged for most of its life, so for it to look so great after all these years in the weather is amazing. It has been nothing but reliable over the years and when we buy a new van someday, we will definitely choose another Sienna."

Best, most reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "small cargo space"

"I love Toyota and love the Sienna - it's consistenly consistent. I'm currently at 260,000 miles and my mechanic tells me I can get 400,000 minimum - I'm taking the challenge. The only maintenance has been routine. I am diligent to change the oil, full tune ups about every other year, and good tires. It drives well in the snow, adequately tows small loads, handles beautifully and is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I will endure minivan mocking for reliability and excellence."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pros: "Excellent for family"

Cons: "Alternator replacement every 3 years"

"Excellent car for family, hauling, long trips, soccer team. Good gas mileage. Comfortable to drive. Like the styling better that later models. Fantastic in snow country (where we drove it for most of it's life) with only all weather tire. Occasional chains in heavy snow(use Spike spiders!) Only downside was a new alternator every 3 years..no matter what brand, new or refurb. But this was a minor inconvenience given our overall satisfaction."

really nice

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"i am the second owner of this van. very impressed with the way it handles and it rides like a car. currently have the seats down so it's like having a covered truck bed. have had a little issue with the battery, but believe that is all taken care of. i know everything that has ever been done to it, so i know it is a good vehicle."

See if you qualify for