2002 Toyota Sienna

Based on 396 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Super Minivan

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, loads of space, still runs fine"

Cons: "getting old"

"This has been the best minivan ever. Ok, it is a tan minivan, so the cool factor is low but it is extremely comfortable for long drives. My wife has a bad back and can not stand the ride in most cars or vans. My Mother-in-law lives 1100 miles away and we have driven there every summer ans several winters over the last 12 years to visit. The interior is huge. If you remove the seats you can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. When the kids were small, we hauled strollers, fold-able play pens etc and were never over loaded. I will say that after 90,000 miles we started to have to make repairs, but compared to buying new, these have been manageable. We have spent $1500 to $2000 per year chasing oil leaks, dead batteries, and various other things, but it starts every day and takes my wife to work."

great van

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "definition of reliable"

Cons: "nothing of consequence"

"Bought this van with 50,000 miles on it at less than average trade in. What a bargain! Closing in on 200,000 miles since then and it's been a great ride in a great van. Used for touring, working out of, vacationing, kid running...everything. I've had Toyota, Honda and Nissan exclusively for 30 years and the Toyota win hands down every time. This van is like a timex watch. I love the smaller size compared to the newer generation vans... still plenty enough room. Only repairs till recently have been regular...just starting to get into o2 sensors, and this year door handles are giving out. I'm replacing and continuing. Just had it up on a lift yesterday and even in New England it has very little rust so I'm keeping it going. The transmission has trouble shifting out of low when it's cold. Only the first time it's driven after sitting...been doing that for 150,000 miles so it doesn't seem like a problem!My only suggestion to Toyota ...make a smaller van or a Corolla or Camry Wagon again (I've had both) Don't want an SUV!"

Best Car Ever!!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "comfortable seats,sliding door(s),cargo space,A/C"

"Bought my sienna when my 3 kids were young and have driven it for 11 years now. Absolutely the best car we have ever owned! Completely reliable and super practical and comfortable. The sliding door and lower profile make it great for young and older kids. Easy for kids to move around inside the vehicle. Tons of cargo space. I used to love my husbands SUV until I got my sienna and then realized how easy it was for young kids to get in and out of the sienna on their own. No more lifting, and no worries of fingers getting slammed in doors. The seats are SUPER comfortable both for the driver and passengers. We have taken many long trips in this car and with 3 kids and all of our stuff( and sometimes the dog) there is still room for everyone to be comfortable. The A/C cant be beat! Living in AZ where summer temps are 100 degrees my car was always cooled off within a few minutes even after being parked in a hot parking lot. We drove a Honda Oddysey before we bought the toyota and that A/C didnt even compare to the toyota. We have taken good care of it and at 211,000 miles it is still going strong! Never broken down or had any problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend this vehicle. You will not be dissaponted!!"

Best vehicle ever made!

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value, very roomy, reasonable mileage"

Cons: "Seatbelts can be hard to connect."

"I have owned this van since it was built. We have travelled 252K miles together in all kinds of weather and road conditions. I have never heard of any vehicle that performed better. It was hit by a tractor trailer last week, spun across a highway, and slammed into a concrete median, and it still started up and I was able to drive it home 10 miles away. A testament to how well made and sturdy and safe this vehicle is. It gets reasonable mileage too. If you are in need of a great used family vehicle, this is the one for you."

Excellent keeper. Steady performance.

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park. plenty of room for shopping items, suitcases, coolers, etc."

"This is the second Toyota we have owned and it is a great van that we have used for short vacation trips and local needs. It has never failed us and now that I am a widow, the van is used locally and for in-state trips."

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"very good vehicle. i will make this van last as long as I can. very reliable. only draw back is repairs are costly. general maintenance is fine but major fixes are costly. overall a great vehicle."

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"We bought our Sienna used from its second owner 5 years ago. This van has been totally reliable, even after 130,000 total miles, we have had NO unscheduled stops. We do scheduled maintenance and take care of normal wear items; otherwise, this van has been completely trouble-free. It is short on driver and front passenger leg room but that is significant only on long road trips. The styling is bland, but that is superficial anyway. This machine is well-engineered and was assembled by fellow Americans. I would definitely recommend this car to any friend and will probably consider the Sienna first as its replacement. The total cost of ownership, considering fuel mileage, insurance, maintenance and repair has been unbelievably inexpensive. It is really nice being able to get in and go without worry."

Disappointing durability quality

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"I have had to do a lot of work to maintain this vehicle. For a family with teenagers, it is not durable at all. Many things have just broken with use - hatchback door latch, both rt and passenger door handles, inside sliding door paneling. Mechanically, I have had the vehicle from 60K to 165K miles and have had to replace radiator, engine mounts, and rebuild the transmission, also belts started squeaking a lot when started after 120K. Not very impressive and very disappointing for Toyota. I'm inclined not to buy a Toyota again."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"We bought the Sienna with 8 miles on it back on '02. First brand new car we ever bought.Traded in a 94 4dr Olds. Best move we ever made! This is the second Toyota product I've owned. I recommend this van to any family who spends a lot of time transporting kids to multiple events. After six years and 110k miles, it still looks attractive and runs like the day I drove it off the lot! We just replaced the timing belt and had some regularly scheduled maintenence done. If we can get another 100k (minimum) out of it then I think I got my monies worth."

Incredible minivan

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"This vehicle has been an incredible asset to out family of 6. Our van has earned 110,000 miles in the 7 years since we bought it and still runs almost like new. We've replaced the tires three times, brake pads, and fluids, and had the 30k, 60k and 90k dealer servives and that's it. I would love to get a new van, but this one just keeps running beautifully, so we hang onto it. I was planning to get a Honda Odyssey for our next minivan, but in the past 2 years, I've become convinced to buy a new Sienna, despite my reservations about the new model's looks, because ours has been such a pleasure to own."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I bought my car brand new in 2001. I can't say enough about my van. It is reliable, practical with three young children, great on gas, and very comfortable. I have no reservations about it at all and when this one goes I plan to get another one. I have 190,000 miles and have had no major repairs. We have done the usual oil change and it continues to run. Yeah for the Sienna! I love it! I see friends trying to squeeze their young kids into sporty sedans because they aren't ready for a van and I find it very selfish. My kids comfort and safety is number one. I think having a family van shows progress in life. You have achieved being a parent and having a family!!"

Reliable Reliable Reliable

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Multiple cross-country trips, years of city driving, and now at home on gravelly country roads (we are appreciating the nice ground clearance and underside protection), our 1998 Sienna has required little more than standard maintenance. Likes: Never had a break down. Never. ... Fits into parking spaces marked for Compact Cars. ... Peppy -- you might just forget you're driving a minivan -- more get-up-and-go than some sedans I've driven. Room for improvement: Driver's side could use more legroom. Not a big deal for daily driving, but noticable on long trips... Plastic exterior door handles break, even without excessive force in sub-zero temps... Seatbelts don't retract on their own... Armrests on captains chairs could be stronger. It's a great car, but I expect more from Toyota."

SPECTACULAR CAR!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Best van in world. It is a reliable, comfortable,safe, and has a very smooth ride. The Toyota Sienna is the top of the line van I've had since my 1990 Dodge caravan, and my 1995 Mazda MPV. My Dodge was a terible car and was a piece of junk since day 1,and my Mazda was a little boring and kind of ugly,but my wife liked it. However once I bought my Toyota Sienna I thought I was dreaming.My kids loved its video entertainment system,and it did well in the car accident on Rout 13. My wife loves it and I pian on buying a knew one in 2008."

best van ever!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I love my van have owned it since Dec 1999 with no major mechanical problems only regular maintenance, still rides and drives like new and I now have 192000, I owned a Caravan prior to this-there is no comparison well worthe money. It has made it to many soccer and basketball games and hauled many kids to diffent events."

Great Auto !!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

"Absolutely great vehicle!! Good Mileage, Good Design, Dependable. No oil leaks, no mechanical problems, great ride, especially for 227,000 miles and still going great. Murphy"

This is the best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great driving in all climates"

Cons: "cup holders were to close to heater"

"This car has been a joy to drive, ride and travel in. It is a one owner van and I have had very little that had to be fixed other then the air conditioning. I took it in for regular maintenance. It still runs like a top and has little to no rust. It is good in all types of weather."

really nice

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"i am the second owner of this van. very impressed with the way it handles and it rides like a car. currently have the seats down so it's like having a covered truck bed. have had a little issue with the battery, but believe that is all taken care of. i know everything that has ever been done to it, so i know it is a good vehicle."

reliable and comfortable

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "easy drive, easy ride"

Cons: "road noise is a bit loud"

"I pulled a pop-up camper 10,000 miles and averages 20 mpg. On long trips in cruise control I have gotten as high as 27+. The advantage of this one over new ones is that the seats not used can be taken out and reduce the weight in the car. It is a great riding vehicle not bouncy like smaller cars. And you are high enough to see what is ahead of you. It has done everything I have needed to have done. I have done regular mainainance, oil change at 5000 and tire rotations."

I love my car.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Sit up high, so easy to see out of, fun to drive."

Cons: "no cons"

"My mini-van is so easy to drive and comfortable to sit in. It seats 7, so I can fit most of my grandchildren in it. I taught 2 grandchildren to drive in it and they loved how well you could see out of it. It's easy to get in and out of because of the height. I love the running boards, also."

Franklin has had many a vacation its a great van!!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Gets 22-24mpg loaded down with 3 kids and gear."

Cons: "Door handles and timing belt replacement cost."

"We just purchased a new Sienna and I still prefer to drive the old one. It has served our family well over the past 215k miles. The only real issue we have had is the door handles I have replaced 3 of the 4 exterior handles the all broke at over 175k miles. I thought it was the kids until the driver one failed in my hand. It has been a great van and treated us very well. I would still get in this van and drive it anywhere in the country."

Total Reliability!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive (for a minvan), comfortable"

"Bought this van used in 2004 with 88,000 miles. It has been awesome. It is versatile, mechanically reliable, and very comfortable for driver and passengers. If our kids were not on their own now, we would get another one."

I love my Sienna

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

"I am a second owener of my 2002 Sienna. I have over 340,000 miles on it and have had only two major problems that was under $2,000 worth. I love my car. Very reliable."

Extremely reliable

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

"We are the original owners and have done virtually nothing to this vehicle. Just regular maintenance. I wish Toyota would still build cars this good today."

Extremely Reliable

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "The hood on most of these is where they start to rust."

"I am the original owner of this vehicle and it has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. I have replaced nothing but the brake pads and tires. It still has the original muffler and exhaust."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"After owning a Ford Windstar and the head gasket blowing at 70k, I vowed never to buy another Ford. My Sienna has been awesome. It's been the best vehicle I've owned. I have 146,000 miles and no real problems with it. It's been super reliable and I will only buy Toyotas in the future. My daughter uses the van now. Can't say enough good things about it. Last year I bought a Camry. Love Toyotas!"