2002 Toyota Sienna

Based on 382 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Maintenance problems galore. One of the worse vehicles that I have owned, Sensors, power door, converter,etc. It just goes on and on. Would never recommend a Toyota to anyone."

The engine is wonderful, the rest is falling apart

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Will soon need its third pwr steering rack. Original transmission spun a bearing pulling a 1,500 lb load. New trans installed. Driver's overhead light jammed since new. Two rear popout ashtrays have fallen out and gone missing. Rear sliding doors are frequently inoperable from the inside. (No the child proof locks are not engaged.) Interior rear utility covers often fall out of openings when temperature dips below freezing. Rear pwr window vent latches frequently vibrate loose off the window. A/C pulley bearing ceased. Toyota dealer service dept misdiagnose and frequently overlook mechanical issues brought to their attention. Its the only service dept in town that advises that my brake pads are increasing in thickness! Sunroof pwr buttons must always be held to open and close. Bad distraction when driving with only one hand on the wheel for up to 1/2 a minute. Halfway close on sunroof is irritating. If you want it fully closed button must be pushed a second time. No venting windows on the sliding doors. Resale value non-existent due to flooded market of minivans. Doesn't appear to stand out on the used lot. Value comparable to Dodge, Ford and Chev minivans. Really not worth its premium at used car time. City fuel mileage is worse than an SUV. Too big for wife to maneuver around town. Passenger side is continuously scraped or scared with different paint colors from posts & underground parking stall pillars. Other than that its has a great engine and wonderful highway cruising attitude."

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

Has been a great van

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We purchased the 1999 Sienna XLE new and have driven it for 8 years and 125,000 miles. Other than some early issues with the power door, it was their first year, the vehicle has been great. Mechanically it might run forever. Unfortunately the body is slowly starting to wear down, a combination of age, use, and Texas weather."

Great Car for $

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"This car has been very dependable and reliable. I did have a problem w/ oil sludge build up, but the dealership re-built my engine for 0 since the car was under recall for this issue. No problems since. It runs great. I have 94,000 miles now, and I'm hoping to get lots more miles now that it's paid off."

I'll be staying away from Toyota for a while

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"We bought this van as a left over. At first it was great. We took alot of time picking out what we wanted. The Honda Odyssey at the time was selling for sticker and we didn't want to pay sticker (they were even charging us extra for floor mats!) Anyway, for the first year or so it was little things....auto door wasn't working, & a noise in the back that the dealer never heard(sounded like springs popping). But then at 20k it needed new tires & brakes. I know it's not my driving because I've been told I drive like an old lady! Then at 28k, we hit the jackpot of repairs...a rebuilt engine! Toyota covered that but apparently there was a design flaw that was found in the crank case and it was literally boiling the oil and turning it to sludge. This took three phonecalls to the dealer before they 'fessed up. It started with smoke out the exhaust pipe when I started it, then pinging when I went up hills, then finally pinging all the time. After 2 weeks of pumping it with the best gas (@ $4 gal) and pouring dry gas in the tank(the dealer said I probably got a tank of bad gas with water), I finally brought it into the dealer and they casually told me it would need a new engine and offered me a loaner car because it would take about three weeks! Now at 65k, the power door, inside lights, remote door entry and clock do not work...they are all on one fuse that blows as soon as you put a fuse in..the dash lights are out...and we need new tires again! Oh and that noise the dealer never heard that we complained about for the first year is now turnign into a strut replacement, of course out of warrenty now. I have owned a Toyota Celica, Tercel, and Camry...and my best car I've owned was a Honda Civic Sports coupe...I'm going back to Honda as soon as I can...pricing out the Odyssey right now....I need to take a break from Toyota for a while. It definately is one of the most comfortable vans on the market but I will give a little of that up for better performance down the road."

Love it!!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We love this vehicle. We now have 132000 and it still runs great. We would recommend this vehicle to anybody."

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

First and Last Toyota for the Family

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"i bought this car in november of 2001 as a 2002 model... my family needed a mini-van... we wanted the Honda mini-van but the waiting list at the time was 3 months... since the sienna was around the same price 33k... we bought it since our Dodge Carvan broke down... at first this was a GREAT car.. but once it reached 40k miles.... everything seems to go wrong for some reason... i got an oil change every 4k miles and the 15k 30k check up... the brakes were replaced along with the rotor because it made weird noise and shook everytimes i braked... the IDLE switch vavle broke 45k and it cost 300 to fix.... the power sliding doors gave up on both sides.... and now the TRANSMISSION is about to give in... i dont know if its just mine... but my friend that have the same model is having the same problem... i dont recommend this car... maybe the new one is better but who know... this is probably the worst choice i made on buying a car... i wish i could have waited for the Honda because at church, many people have it and theres no problem with those things.... o well... i went on kelly blue book to see how much i can sell it for.... at least the resale price is high.. but who knows,, the transmission is about to break... i hope this review helped you"

Dependable But Not Equal

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"I have driven Toyotas for 26 years. I still think they make a depandable vehicle but little repairs and replacements were a pain. (rear door latch, cigarette lighter cover, radio knobs) Major repairs were few but expensive! (air conditioning system, engine seal) I would still buy a Toyota. My Previa was sold after 13 years still running well with little rust. My Sienna is still running well after 9 years. It's quiet, and very dependable. I like not seeing a car like mine on every city block, and the style continuing to look good after five years. I have hauled washers, a dryer, book cases, bikes, and all my son's junk to college in my van due to the cargo space without the four back seats. I guess I still love Toyota!"

very dependable

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"This vehicle is still very confortable and reliable after 193000 miles. Would recommed to any one that needs a family family"

sienna

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Drives smoothly and engine ie quiet even afetr 170,000. Accessories (power windows, door, rear vie mirror, still work well). Perfect family car."

"Reliable"

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Bought new in 2000, going on 100,000 miles & still going strong! Very comfortable on long trips"

Excellent minivan

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"We bought this vehicle new. Never had a problem in 6 years--Toyota quality as usual."

Still going strong

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Bought used with 55,000 miles. Now has 82000 miles with nothing other than routine maintinence. My wife has a 2004 Sienna with 30,000 miles. We plan on keeping each Sienna for 10 years. Best van on the market. I call it the Lexus of mini-vans."

Good Buy

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 6 years and have loved it. Ride is great and response is very good. I shy away from the SUV's because of ride and gas mileage. Looking to buy new vehicle, seriously looking at another sienna."

best van I've ever owned

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"after a GMC truck, a caravan, a voyager, a cavalier, & a couger this is the best vehic. I've ever purched. in 5 years I've haven't had any problems."

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

Reliable Reliable Reliable

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Multiple cross-country trips, years of city driving, and now at home on gravelly country roads (we are appreciating the nice ground clearance and underside protection), our 1998 Sienna has required little more than standard maintenance. Likes: Never had a break down. Never. ... Fits into parking spaces marked for Compact Cars. ... Peppy -- you might just forget you're driving a minivan -- more get-up-and-go than some sedans I've driven. Room for improvement: Driver's side could use more legroom. Not a big deal for daily driving, but noticable on long trips... Plastic exterior door handles break, even without excessive force in sub-zero temps... Seatbelts don't retract on their own... Armrests on captains chairs could be stronger. It's a great car, but I expect more from Toyota."

van-tastic

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"As far as Vans go, this one is really nice. There are a couple things I would add but not much."

very reliable

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"This van has been very relible and has had few defects other than normal wear and tear."

Love this van!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"This is my second Toyota, 1st minvan. Bought it brand new in 2001, have 123,000 miles on it. The dealer told me I could get 300,000 miles if I treated it well. I plan to hold them to that."

Solid, reliable, spacious, practical

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Great car, bought with 110,000, finally trading in with 190,000. Outstanding reliability history, only one repair in my time as owner that wasn't attributable to general maintenance - AC evaporator coil crapped out costing ~$1000 to repair, but other than that it was gas oil and tires, brakes once, and drive it into the ground. Engine provided ample power, the overall vehicle comfort and adaptability to various uses was outstanding."

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next