2002 Toyota Sienna

Based on 361 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

has 235,000 miles and still runs great!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "lasts forever"

Cons: "extra space is limited"

"This has been a very reliable van for our family for years. Definitely a good value. Drives just like the Camry."

wear and tear on handles latches and locks

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "quick, maneauvable"

Cons: "radio buttons fell off"

"sliding door button sticks, rear hatch broke, outside handles broke, sunroof drips"

Dependable transportion

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "V6 Engine in vell good, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Brakes squeal"

"No thrills vehicle. Brakes are horrible though. Brakes squealled within 6 months of purchasing car brand new. Replaced front and back brakes three times and brakes STILL squeal. Power Door is tempermatic and lock button on sliding door sticks inside the handle."

Expensive but quality is good

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"The 1998 version does not have the features of the later designs. It was an expensive vehicle but I purchased it for the reliability and quality for which Toyota was famous. I have owned this car for 15 years. The exterior body is excellent as is the interior because of my care. Tumble seats are heavy to remove. Cons: Tire pressure warning system had problems initially. Leaked oil. After a dozen years, the air conditioner gave out and could not be repaired because of the fusion between dissimilar metals in the connections. Sun visor mirror and light panel literally fell out while I was driving, and rear door handle broke, the latter occurring just two years ago. Back power windows have some issues at times (won't close on occasion). Tape player had issues, too when just about 7 years old, even though not used much. Eats tires. I am generally satisfied, though, but felt that the car was expensive, probably because it was newly made in 1998."

Expensive but quality is good

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Bought it used 6 years ago, cheap because it had a scratch and stained carpeting. I commute about 60 miles a day, it's held up beautifully, have driven it about 90,000. miles with just routine maintenance: brakes/tires/timing chain/battery."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "It drives like a dream."

Cons: "I can't think of any."

"Our family has had nothing but the best service from this vehicle. Even though it is a mini van and nobody gets really excited about owing one, once you drive it, you'll be sold. It has made my life so much easier with its power doors and video system. I'd recommend it to anyone."

Highly reliable van if maintained

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, good space, ok gas mileage"

Cons: "sliding door sometimes needs to be reset"

"I bought my 2001 Sienna new. Overall the Van has provided great service. I have maintained the van with 100% synthetic oil changing it every 3500-5000 miles. Trans oil changes every 50k. No oil gelling issues. Van has just started to use some oil between changes in the last 30k miles or so. Only non standard maintenace items needing to be replaced were a cat convetors (most expensive),air/fuel sensors, oil control valve, vacuum switching valve on charcoal canister , rear hatch door handle, and drivers sun visor. Couldn't be happier.. engine and trans still running great. Front end is a little loose but still ok. This van has made many long vacation trips filled to capacity without any issue. I am not sure if today's Sienna has the same quality level but knock wood this one has been highly reliable."

Awsome Van!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"Loved this car from the day I saw it. Only owned it for 3 months now and so far my worse complaint is the battery the dealer put in it! I had them replace the battery (it died!)and problem solved. It is touchy on snow and ice had to get used to the steering. My last car was older and it lasted me 3 and 1/2 years, family is betting that this will last me 8 + years and it is a 2002! Everyone seems to think that I made a good choice in a Toyota and I agree."

Excellent

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"I am very satisfied with this vehicle."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25