2002 Toyota Sienna

Based on 375 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best family vehicle you could ask for

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive and very dependable"

"Bought this car Aug 2000. We (wife and two children) have driven this car just about everywhere. It has been virtually problem free and a pleasure to drive. I highly recomend this as a family car."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quality, endurance, price"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, sticky door buttons, lean"

"My Mother bought this in '98 and just purchased a new 2014. Her van has 375k miles as of today. She had the engine replaced at 120k per factory recall. After 255k on the rebuilt motor is is still strong as ever. She loves this van and has had only a few minor issues with it, one being the inside 3rd/4th doors door opening buttons stick at times. She just replaced the radiator at 360k miles. It will now be handed ownership to someone in the Family. The van, as with most mini-vans it has a weird feel in the corners, it has a unstable feeling which i thinks comes form being higher, not as wide of a wheel base, but it is not dangerous. It is still getting 24 MPG with full power in the engine as well."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"

GREAT RELIABLE LUXURY VAN

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Drives smoothly"

"Have owned for 13 years and have loved every minute of it. Still looks like a modern vehicle, and has never given me one miunte of problems. I intend to drive it until it dies, which I feel will be at least another 13 years! Best deal in town!!!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable. small and easy to park for a minivan"

Cons: "cup holders are very shallow."

"I bought my 2003 XLE brand new and have loved it! I was anxious to buy a Sienna in the older, small rounded body style and managed to buy one of the last ones available. It went from toting two kids, their cars seats and strollers, to their BMX bikes, then I added a bike rack for carrying our big mountain bikes. Now it hauls a cello to lessons and anything else I need to carry. I have had to replace one of the stereo speakers, but that's about it. Every other non wear and tear part of the car is still groovin' right along at 160K miles. I do have one irritation with it though: a few years ago it started dying occasionally when I would first start the engine. It's very odd, it just refuses to idle. I have to keep my foot lightly on the the gas and break at the same time until I'm past the first few stops on the road, then it's fine. Numerous repair shops have been unable to figure it out, although I haven't taken it to a Toyota dealer. It's really just an annoyance, and anyway, it wouldn't do it if it was at the dealer. Cars are sneaky that way."