2001 Toyota Sienna

Based on 403 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Excellent keeper. Steady performance.

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park. plenty of room for shopping items, suitcases, coolers, etc."

"This is the second Toyota we have owned and it is a great van that we have used for short vacation trips and local needs. It has never failed us and now that I am a widow, the van is used locally and for in-state trips."

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"very good vehicle. i will make this van last as long as I can. very reliable. only draw back is repairs are costly. general maintenance is fine but major fixes are costly. overall a great vehicle."

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"We bought our Sienna used from its second owner 5 years ago. This van has been totally reliable, even after 130,000 total miles, we have had NO unscheduled stops. We do scheduled maintenance and take care of normal wear items; otherwise, this van has been completely trouble-free. It is short on driver and front passenger leg room but that is significant only on long road trips. The styling is bland, but that is superficial anyway. This machine is well-engineered and was assembled by fellow Americans. I would definitely recommend this car to any friend and will probably consider the Sienna first as its replacement. The total cost of ownership, considering fuel mileage, insurance, maintenance and repair has been unbelievably inexpensive. It is really nice being able to get in and go without worry."

Disappointing durability quality

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"I have had to do a lot of work to maintain this vehicle. For a family with teenagers, it is not durable at all. Many things have just broken with use - hatchback door latch, both rt and passenger door handles, inside sliding door paneling. Mechanically, I have had the vehicle from 60K to 165K miles and have had to replace radiator, engine mounts, and rebuild the transmission, also belts started squeaking a lot when started after 120K. Not very impressive and very disappointing for Toyota. I'm inclined not to buy a Toyota again."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"We bought the Sienna with 8 miles on it back on '02. First brand new car we ever bought.Traded in a 94 4dr Olds. Best move we ever made! This is the second Toyota product I've owned. I recommend this van to any family who spends a lot of time transporting kids to multiple events. After six years and 110k miles, it still looks attractive and runs like the day I drove it off the lot! We just replaced the timing belt and had some regularly scheduled maintenence done. If we can get another 100k (minimum) out of it then I think I got my monies worth."

Incredible minivan

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"This vehicle has been an incredible asset to out family of 6. Our van has earned 110,000 miles in the 7 years since we bought it and still runs almost like new. We've replaced the tires three times, brake pads, and fluids, and had the 30k, 60k and 90k dealer servives and that's it. I would love to get a new van, but this one just keeps running beautifully, so we hang onto it. I was planning to get a Honda Odyssey for our next minivan, but in the past 2 years, I've become convinced to buy a new Sienna, despite my reservations about the new model's looks, because ours has been such a pleasure to own."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I bought my car brand new in 2001. I can't say enough about my van. It is reliable, practical with three young children, great on gas, and very comfortable. I have no reservations about it at all and when this one goes I plan to get another one. I have 190,000 miles and have had no major repairs. We have done the usual oil change and it continues to run. Yeah for the Sienna! I love it! I see friends trying to squeeze their young kids into sporty sedans because they aren't ready for a van and I find it very selfish. My kids comfort and safety is number one. I think having a family van shows progress in life. You have achieved being a parent and having a family!!"

Reliable Reliable Reliable

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Multiple cross-country trips, years of city driving, and now at home on gravelly country roads (we are appreciating the nice ground clearance and underside protection), our 1998 Sienna has required little more than standard maintenance. Likes: Never had a break down. Never. ... Fits into parking spaces marked for Compact Cars. ... Peppy -- you might just forget you're driving a minivan -- more get-up-and-go than some sedans I've driven. Room for improvement: Driver's side could use more legroom. Not a big deal for daily driving, but noticable on long trips... Plastic exterior door handles break, even without excessive force in sub-zero temps... Seatbelts don't retract on their own... Armrests on captains chairs could be stronger. It's a great car, but I expect more from Toyota."

SPECTACULAR CAR!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Best van in world. It is a reliable, comfortable,safe, and has a very smooth ride. The Toyota Sienna is the top of the line van I've had since my 1990 Dodge caravan, and my 1995 Mazda MPV. My Dodge was a terible car and was a piece of junk since day 1,and my Mazda was a little boring and kind of ugly,but my wife liked it. However once I bought my Toyota Sienna I thought I was dreaming.My kids loved its video entertainment system,and it did well in the car accident on Rout 13. My wife loves it and I pian on buying a knew one in 2008."

best van ever!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I love my van have owned it since Dec 1999 with no major mechanical problems only regular maintenance, still rides and drives like new and I now have 192000, I owned a Caravan prior to this-there is no comparison well worthe money. It has made it to many soccer and basketball games and hauled many kids to diffent events."