2001 Toyota Sienna

Based on 401 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best Minivan Available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this van after my old Acura Integra died. My family loves it! We take lots of 300 mile trips and it's the most comfortable way to travel. With first and second row captain's chairs and a third row split bench, there's plenty of room to stretch out. Privacy glass keeps the sun from glaring in, and there's cupholders and storage cubbies galore! We've never had any mechanical troubles, and the odometer just turned over 200,000 miles. However, looking at it and driving it, you'd swear it didn't even have 60,000 miles. The only problem I've experienced is from the power rear vent windows. When I first bought the van, I opened those windows and it took forever to get them closed again. Weak motor, maybe? Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next 200,000 miles! If you want a minivan that will stand the test of time, don't buy a Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Chevy or even a Honda van. None of these are anywhere near the dependability and reliability of the Toyo Sienna!"

Purchased new, no problems at 138,000 miles

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Good ride, reliable, has remained rust free."

Cons: "It isn't pretty"

"Vehicle was purchased new. I average a little under 11,000 miles/year. Other than routine maintenance my only expense was an ignition switch that had to be replaced. I use it routinely to pull a small trailer with 4 kayaks. The trailer only reduces my mileage by 1 mpg. Highway mileage at 70 mph is consistently 25-26 mpg. Getting ready to replace it with a 2015 Sienna SE, not because I need to but because I want to."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"

The best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine, well built body, dependable"

Cons: "I've tried, really, but I can't think of any."

Jan. 2014 taken in Kentucky after driving through the second blizzard that month.

"I bought my 2000 Toyota Sienna in Nov. 1999 with 103 miles on it. We bought an XLE, with the towing package and with the plan to put 300,000 miles on it. 15 yrs out now, my van has 180,000 miles on it and it's been all over the country, driven through several blizzards, through mountain passes, and on city streets in 103 degree weather. We perform the recommended maintenance on time, every time. I steam clean the carpets once a year, even the interior looks like a newer vehicle. The engine runs like it is brand new. I love the power available in the engine, such as when I've made an error on an entrance ramp and need to gun it to make sure I'm not forcing someone to slam on their brakes. The engine has never needed anything but normal maintenance. I have flushed every fluid for the second time now and fully expect I'll put another 100,000 miles on it. The rear hatch handle is made of hard plastic, it had to be replaced recently and I replaced to with a metal one myself. Nothing else has given us a problem. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thrilled to be driving an engine with 180,000 miles with no foreseen need to rebuild the engine. I drove it halfway across the country in January, through 2 blizzards and the TN mountains twice without a doubt of its ability. I'm very glad to own this vehicle. The photo was taken in Kentucky at the end of the second blizzard."

Extremely reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

"My Toyota Sienna minivan has 230,000 miles (and counting) and other than routine maintenance has given me very little problems. This car has been an excellent value and transported our family and a lot of stuff all over the country. I love my little green van!"

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "It drives like a dream."

Cons: "I can't think of any."

"Our family has had nothing but the best service from this vehicle. Even though it is a mini van and nobody gets really excited about owing one, once you drive it, you'll be sold. It has made my life so much easier with its power doors and video system. I'd recommend it to anyone."

Super Minivan

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, loads of space, still runs fine"

Cons: "getting old"

"This has been the best minivan ever. Ok, it is a tan minivan, so the cool factor is low but it is extremely comfortable for long drives. My wife has a bad back and can not stand the ride in most cars or vans. My Mother-in-law lives 1100 miles away and we have driven there every summer ans several winters over the last 12 years to visit. The interior is huge. If you remove the seats you can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. When the kids were small, we hauled strollers, fold-able play pens etc and were never over loaded. I will say that after 90,000 miles we started to have to make repairs, but compared to buying new, these have been manageable. We have spent $1500 to $2000 per year chasing oil leaks, dead batteries, and various other things, but it starts every day and takes my wife to work."

great van

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "definition of reliable"

Cons: "nothing of consequence"

"Bought this van with 50,000 miles on it at less than average trade in. What a bargain! Closing in on 200,000 miles since then and it's been a great ride in a great van. Used for touring, working out of, vacationing, kid running...everything. I've had Toyota, Honda and Nissan exclusively for 30 years and the Toyota win hands down every time. This van is like a timex watch. I love the smaller size compared to the newer generation vans... still plenty enough room. Only repairs till recently have been regular...just starting to get into o2 sensors, and this year door handles are giving out. I'm replacing and continuing. Just had it up on a lift yesterday and even in New England it has very little rust so I'm keeping it going. The transmission has trouble shifting out of low when it's cold. Only the first time it's driven after sitting...been doing that for 150,000 miles so it doesn't seem like a problem!My only suggestion to Toyota ...make a smaller van or a Corolla or Camry Wagon again (I've had both) Don't want an SUV!"

Best Car Ever!!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "comfortable seats,sliding door(s),cargo space,A/C"

"Bought my sienna when my 3 kids were young and have driven it for 11 years now. Absolutely the best car we have ever owned! Completely reliable and super practical and comfortable. The sliding door and lower profile make it great for young and older kids. Easy for kids to move around inside the vehicle. Tons of cargo space. I used to love my husbands SUV until I got my sienna and then realized how easy it was for young kids to get in and out of the sienna on their own. No more lifting, and no worries of fingers getting slammed in doors. The seats are SUPER comfortable both for the driver and passengers. We have taken many long trips in this car and with 3 kids and all of our stuff( and sometimes the dog) there is still room for everyone to be comfortable. The A/C cant be beat! Living in AZ where summer temps are 100 degrees my car was always cooled off within a few minutes even after being parked in a hot parking lot. We drove a Honda Oddysey before we bought the toyota and that A/C didnt even compare to the toyota. We have taken good care of it and at 211,000 miles it is still going strong! Never broken down or had any problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend this vehicle. You will not be dissaponted!!"

Best vehicle ever made!

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value, very roomy, reasonable mileage"

Cons: "Seatbelts can be hard to connect."

"I have owned this van since it was built. We have travelled 252K miles together in all kinds of weather and road conditions. I have never heard of any vehicle that performed better. It was hit by a tractor trailer last week, spun across a highway, and slammed into a concrete median, and it still started up and I was able to drive it home 10 miles away. A testament to how well made and sturdy and safe this vehicle is. It gets reasonable mileage too. If you are in need of a great used family vehicle, this is the one for you."