2000 Toyota Sienna

Based on 388 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great Car for $

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"This car has been very dependable and reliable. I did have a problem w/ oil sludge build up, but the dealership re-built my engine for 0 since the car was under recall for this issue. No problems since. It runs great. I have 94,000 miles now, and I'm hoping to get lots more miles now that it's paid off."

I'll be staying away from Toyota for a while

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"We bought this van as a left over. At first it was great. We took alot of time picking out what we wanted. The Honda Odyssey at the time was selling for sticker and we didn't want to pay sticker (they were even charging us extra for floor mats!) Anyway, for the first year or so it was little things....auto door wasn't working, & a noise in the back that the dealer never heard(sounded like springs popping). But then at 20k it needed new tires & brakes. I know it's not my driving because I've been told I drive like an old lady! Then at 28k, we hit the jackpot of repairs...a rebuilt engine! Toyota covered that but apparently there was a design flaw that was found in the crank case and it was literally boiling the oil and turning it to sludge. This took three phonecalls to the dealer before they 'fessed up. It started with smoke out the exhaust pipe when I started it, then pinging when I went up hills, then finally pinging all the time. After 2 weeks of pumping it with the best gas (@ $4 gal) and pouring dry gas in the tank(the dealer said I probably got a tank of bad gas with water), I finally brought it into the dealer and they casually told me it would need a new engine and offered me a loaner car because it would take about three weeks! Now at 65k, the power door, inside lights, remote door entry and clock do not work...they are all on one fuse that blows as soon as you put a fuse in..the dash lights are out...and we need new tires again! Oh and that noise the dealer never heard that we complained about for the first year is now turnign into a strut replacement, of course out of warrenty now. I have owned a Toyota Celica, Tercel, and Camry...and my best car I've owned was a Honda Civic Sports coupe...I'm going back to Honda as soon as I can...pricing out the Odyssey right now....I need to take a break from Toyota for a while. It definately is one of the most comfortable vans on the market but I will give a little of that up for better performance down the road."

Love it!!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We love this vehicle. We now have 132000 and it still runs great. We would recommend this vehicle to anybody."

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

First and Last Toyota for the Family

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"i bought this car in november of 2001 as a 2002 model... my family needed a mini-van... we wanted the Honda mini-van but the waiting list at the time was 3 months... since the sienna was around the same price 33k... we bought it since our Dodge Carvan broke down... at first this was a GREAT car.. but once it reached 40k miles.... everything seems to go wrong for some reason... i got an oil change every 4k miles and the 15k 30k check up... the brakes were replaced along with the rotor because it made weird noise and shook everytimes i braked... the IDLE switch vavle broke 45k and it cost 300 to fix.... the power sliding doors gave up on both sides.... and now the TRANSMISSION is about to give in... i dont know if its just mine... but my friend that have the same model is having the same problem... i dont recommend this car... maybe the new one is better but who know... this is probably the worst choice i made on buying a car... i wish i could have waited for the Honda because at church, many people have it and theres no problem with those things.... o well... i went on kelly blue book to see how much i can sell it for.... at least the resale price is high.. but who knows,, the transmission is about to break... i hope this review helped you"