2000 Toyota Sienna

Based on 369 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Work every penny!

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "strong and solid engine"

Cons: "door handles if I have to list something. lol"

"Personally after reading all the review. I must say, if you have 300,000 miles on the car, you should be looking for the above and beyond the scale can provide. And if you are killing the rating over the CD player not in the vehicle, just keep in mind the vehicle is about 14 years old. CD was an option at the time and obviously someone did not pay for the option. With the money you save, you could of have an after market one install as well. Now that's out of the way,I would like to say the engine of the vehicle is still going strong, just simple maintenance will keep the car going for a very long time. The most issue that I have really is the door handles for interiors and exteriors. I know quite few people had the same issue. I even saw a lady driving the same car on the street with all handles dangling. It cracks me up to see the same car and color withe the same issues that I have and I just got mine fixed. Good luck is you are considering the same car or newer!"

Great car - Excellant value

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"Bought this car with about 70,000 miles. Now has over 292,000! Still has lots of power. One major complaint was door handle breakage. All door handles operate a cable to open the doors. All 5 have broken at least once - 2 of them twice. Age, New York winters and salt will soon force the retirement of our best car to date."

fabulous family vehicle. comfortable and spacious

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "comfortable driving. spacious. extremely reliabl"

Cons: "a couple of blind spots."

"Love our minivan. Can adjust which seats to remove or just drop down. Plenty of drink holders. Very comfortable seats. Has never ever broken down on us. Regular maintainance only needed. Amazing comfort for such an old car. Easily fits 7 people with space inside and on the rooftop carrier."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats that fit me, roomy, economical,"

Cons: "Cassette instead of CD player"

"Never dreamed I would drive a minivan, but I have over 300,000 miles on this Sienna LE and I love it! I have never owned a Toyota and never drove a minivan, but I will definitly be buying another one after this one. The only thing I would change is that it has a cassette instead of CD player and I would improve the speakers."

Love this van

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

"I have had this van for 11 years and it is very reliable (I have changed oil and performed regular maintenance the whole time) I love the two electric doors. When my children were small these were invaluable. Only small things have broken up until this year. A CD has gotten in the CD player and the rear door handle broke and there isnt another way to open it ie no handle on the inside to pop the rear."

Overall pleased but...

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "heavy safe"

Cons: "rear seats a pain to remove"

"Still have under 100k, and warranty for sludge is only 10 years now. so hopefully I will have no sludge. Seems that I am penalized a bit from Toyota since I do not drive it as much. Carr performs great, but there is like 7 emission sensors on van that make check engine come on. Replaced one that was easy labor 250.00, the other was like near gas tank, almost a grand . 95% repairs made at Toyota dealer"

Great Mini-van!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Good mpg, Great A/C"

Cons: "Minor electrical problems"

"We purchased this van used with 100k miles on it and have added over 50k in 4 years. It gets 23 mpg on the highway with no a/c and about 20mpg in the city with a/c. The a/c is one of the best features! It has front and rear controls and works great! We have needed it while driving in the south. Our 1991 Privia had more head and leg room for our tall guys and a great fresh air ventilation when not running the a/c, but I enjoy the confidence of the improved safety rating of the Sienna. The only problems we have had are intermittent electrical troubles with the locks and windows. Otherwise, tires, oil changes and routine maintenance have kept it running great."

good car for it's money

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Worth the money"

Cons: "Drives like a truck"

"It was very affordable. I had it for 12 years and we are about to trade it for the Kia Sorento."

Best Car Ever

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, Fun to drive, easy to drive love it"

Cons: "to big for what it holds"

"The car had great gas mileage, comfortable and affordable worth the price"

Incredibly reliable. Going strong at 257,000 miles

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Super reliable. Comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Body hardware, such as sliding doors."

"This is my second Sienna. I purchased both new, one in 1998 and this one in the fall of 2001. Other than scheduled maintenance, such as replacing the timing belt at 90,000 and 180,000 miles, this minivan has required very little. It's had the brakes serviced a couple times. I replaced the original battery after nine years and I change oil every 5,000 miles. There is no rust and the finish still looks good. The only signs of age are the rear sliding doors, which are getting noisy and the carpet which is quite worn. It has always started in the cold Minnesota winters and runs like a much newer vehicle. When it had 250,000 miles, I purchased new 100,000 mile rated tires. Our goal is 300,000 miles, but this car owes us nothing. When it dies I will give it a dignified burial and go shopping for a new Toyota, probably back to a Camry this time."

Best!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "all over"

"I drive it, my family drive it, never let us down, minimal maintenance needed, comfortable, reliable....GO TOYOTA! and ford stinks!!!"

Over 200,000 miles and we have not done much to it

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "non"

"We have had to put tires and timing belts on it and that is it. It has been a wonderful van!"

love my sienna

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"love it sow much"

My best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, roomy. 3rd row seats remove"

Cons: "Dual sliding doors are manual."

"I purchased this minivan new in 1998. I have driven it for 14 years with standard maintenance. It is the most reliable, versatile, comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I expect to drive it for another several years! And I will replace it with another Toyota! I'm sold!"

HATE this car!!!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "You can haul your family of 5 in it..."

Cons: "Maintenence nightmare"

"The vehicle seems to run okay, but little things are driving us nuts! We had the driver side passenger door handle replaced once because it broke. It's broken again. It should NOT need a new rack for the steering at 129K miles. The emergency brake light stays on. The check engine light is usually on, but hasn't come back on since we replaced the battery a few days ago...give it time. (We know what the problem with that is, but don't have $200 to replace a part that doesn't affect the driving of the vehicle.) It won't stay in alignment, so we have to make sure our tires are rotated monthly to keep them wearing evenly. I am sooooo fed up with this car and will NEVER buy another van because of the issues we've had with this one! It's amazing that my husband's 1996 Nissan Pick up has 290,000 and all we've done is routine maintenance... (clutches, brakes, tires, tuneups) I expected the same from this Toyota."

Best car we owned

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"Have had this van 12.5 years and it is by far the best vehicle we ever owned. It is still going strong and expect to get many more years and miles out of it."

Really rice van

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "A lot of standard features, drives like the Camry."

"The 2000 Toyota Sienna is a very good van that you get great reliability and you will have to do little repairs if you take care of it. The Sienna drives very nimble likes it's cousin the Camry. I would recommend this van to a friend. The engine and transmission are very smooth and powerful."

No problems, very low maintance, easy to drive,

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "I can trust it ,"

Cons: "front tires, 02 sensors, nothing really"

"I have installed 4 sets of tires"

Very reliable

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Cons: "Very soft handling. Wide turning radius."

"Good family car roomy and reliable."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, especially on turns."

Cons: "Needs a center console for storage."

"I own a 2000 CE model, purchased in 2004 with 42k miles. This model doesn't have any fancy features, but as a basic minivan it has served us well. The back two rows of seats are removable easily. We have loaded drywall, appliances without any issues. The only real problem we have had is replacing the latch on the tailgate, $70 DIY job. My husband takes care of regular oil changes, we have spent money on regular maintenance of the vehicle as recommended by Toyota. Mirror cover under the visor on passenger side broke."

Great vehicle, a couple weak spots

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Very dependable, few repairs, drives nice"

Cons: "Homely and unhip, not much bass in stereo"

"Decided to buy one of these over five years ago, and research showed lots of folks have problems with the push buttons jamming on the inside sliding door handles. Well, we got that. We never let people use the handles; open the power door and jump out and open the other one from outside when we have passengers. When they jam you can't open it if it's closed, or close it if it's open. They'll come loose after a while but it's a hassle. Power sliding door is also iffy sometimes. Sometimes you need to slam by hand to get it closed all the way so the alarm goes off. It gets moody for a few weeks, then works fine for a year. Plus, I've replaced the hatch handle twice. It's a wimpy piece of plastic, very brittle when it's ten below. The Toyota dealer parts department keeps them right by the window. Those are the only problems you'll find with this vehicle. These Toyota V6 engines had a reputation of suddenly dying, but that's within the first 15,000 miles. If they make it past that, they'll last forever. Mine with 200,000 starts, runs, idles and sounds like new. I'd drive it anywhere with total confidence. Never, ever failed to start. All electric seats, mirrors, windows, sunroof and vents went 200,000 with no problems, then driver's window motor wore out. Very comfortable vehicle for six big adults. XLE version gets about 20 to 21 mpg. Tires go well over 40,000."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I have owned this car for the past 6 years and I’m considering trading because I have a 15 year old who isn’t too excited about driving the family mini-van. But this van has been great and I hate to let it go. I purchased the van at 70K and have put approximately an additional 150K on the van. I have had very minimal repairs. Recently, a sensor has gone bad which leaves my check engine light on all the time, but I haven’t bothered to get it fixed and the van runs just fine. The van is also beginning to burn a little oil, but not very excessive. If you are looking for a low cost used vehicle, I would recommend this van. It has been great."

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, smooth drive and ride"

Cons: "Mini-van stigma"

"I've owned this van for 12 years. It has been completely reliable, comfortable, perfect for family road trips. It drives so smoothly and handles very comfortably. It has just the right amount of pep. It has over 200,000 miles and is going strong! I highly recommend."

Reliable, recommended!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"This car has been driven to death! But, it isn't dead! We just decided to get a new one. I have been so happy with my Sienna. You just can't beat it when a car can go almost 250,000 miles with as little trouble as we've had. Only routine maintenance - which we have diligently kept up."

I love this car. Best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Dependable and I can fit lots of people in it."

"Low maintenance. Always runs well. Dependable, comfortable and has plenty of pick-up. Feel safe driving it anywhere. Everyone that rides in it - loves it."