2000 Toyota Sienna

Based on 396 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Poor Basics For The Long Haul

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Had problems with basics...Door latches broke, power window troubles, CD player broke... Transmission was replaced (under coverage) and the replacement lasted about as long as the first one...NOT LONG ENOUGH! Where is that "legendary" Toyota value, performance and reliability? I thought getting 200K miles out of a Toyota would be achievable. Think again about such vans lasting for the long haul."

Durable car - some minor design flaws

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Not flashy, 3rd row does not fold flat"

"I have had this car for over 7 years and it still is my daily driver. Biggest problem was transmission and AC compressor failing. This was after reaching the 250,000 miles so I don't fault it too much. On the other hand, whoever decided that the door handles should be made out of plastic should be fired. I had to replace both drive and passenger side."

Great Van!!!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable, and powerful."

Cons: "ugly exterior"

"I've had this van for 9 years and it has 210,000 miles on it and still going strong! The only problems we've had on it were recent and they were a/c belt, alternator, power sliding door motor(we just removed it), and valve cover gaskets. I got it with 50,000 miles on it 9 years ago and for the first 6 or 7 years of owning it we took it from Cincinnati, Ohio to florida and back every summer without a problem. the only reason i dont go on vacation with it anymore is because i got a boat and truck. I highly recommend this to every family who takes long trips as it is a 5 star rated van and is rated THE SAFEST MINIVAN ever made. Just remember to change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles, replace tires every 5 years, and do brakes when necessary. It is also a very comfortable van as it has The 7 seating option with 4 Captains chairs and a rear bench seat or, The 8 seating, 2 captains chairs and 2 bench seats option. This van also has the 3.0 L V6 with 200hp that gets 23 mpg on the highway and 18mpg in the city. So this van has enough power to easily pass anyone on the highway and tow up to 3500 lbs."

A real workhorse!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Strength, room, simplicity"

Cons: "As mine was a CE, not much for accessories"

"Being a single, older, woman, I am often asked why I need a van. My 2000 Sienna CE allow me to take my mother on the last road trip of her life - comfortably. Later, it became the easiest vehicle in the family to get her into and out of when she was wheelchair bound. It has hauled gardening rock for a three tier garden, gotten a groom and his groomsmen to the church on time, etc. I will miss her, but with my limited knowledge of car care I hope to find someone to take better care of her for her next 100K miles! And I'd buy another 2000 Sienna with fewer miles in a minute!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, especially on turns."

Cons: "Needs a center console for storage."

"I own a 2000 CE model, purchased in 2004 with 42k miles. This model doesn't have any fancy features, but as a basic minivan it has served us well. The back two rows of seats are removable easily. We have loaded drywall, appliances without any issues. The only real problem we have had is replacing the latch on the tailgate, $70 DIY job. My husband takes care of regular oil changes, we have spent money on regular maintenance of the vehicle as recommended by Toyota. Mirror cover under the visor on passenger side broke."

Great minivan with few drawbacks.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seating and a good ride."

Cons: "Cheap outside handles!!!!!"

"Great driving record with no repairs other than new brakes. I bought it new and now it is 9 years later and my biggest complaint is that I have had to replace 4 handles at over $200 per handle. :O They are apparently made of plastic (to lighten the van for gas mileage I was told???) which did not survive the teen years with all the sports trips with tons of other teens! I hated every time another handle broke as I already knew the large cost involved in replacing it. Otherwise....good van."

Great ride for the kiddies

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"I have 4 kids as well as a wonderful wife who, despite my love, has a bad habit of trashing vehicles. For some reason, our Sienna survived long enough for me to pay it off. It is reliable, rides well, and is easy to drive. I feel safe knowing that my whole world is protected inside of it with all of its wonderful safety features. I hate mini vans, but I will drive this one."

Best vehicle I ever had!

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"First let me say that I wrecked my van last weekend & am waiting w/ to learn whether or not it'll be considered a total loss. I hope not!! My Y2K Sienna has 198,000 miles on the odometer now, and had 55K on it when I bought it from a private seller 6 years ago. In all those miles, I have done regular maintenance, replaced 2 batteries (entertainment system over-usage while waiting for kids at various activities) and had a minor repair to an outside piece of the transmission. Also the lift-back door handle snapped at one point. The transmission repair was $300, the hatchback handle was less than $100. That's it. Less than $400 in repairs on an 8 year old van with nearly 200,000 miles on it. Most importantly, I had 5 kids in the van when I crashed. All 6 of us were fine- not one of us was even bruised. I have never doubted why this van was voted the safest vehicle on the road when it came out, edging out even the regaled Volvo. My Sienna is fabulously comfortable on long trips as well. The 2nd row Captain's chairs are easily as comfortable as the driver's seat. I hope my van is repairable, but if it isn't I will buy another Sienna without reservation. I've done the preliminary research and the only van that I think could even compete with the Sienna, is Honda's Odyssey. Everything else just pales in comparison."

Suburban plus

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Bought the LE in 2002 new. Looked at Odyssey but hard to get. Have 63,000miles now. Not disapointed so far. Wife drives 30 miles round trip winding, hilly road to work daily, mileage w/V6 is only 16-17mpg, but she loves how it handles. Longer beach trips loaded @ 21 mpg. Tires do wear, due esp to weight on front end; suggest allignment program @NTB. Brakes replaced every 13-16K as she DRIVES; rotors repl @ 62K! Front strut seal broke @ 55K, replaced both. Fuel sensor repl@ 59K. Regular oil changes; keeps running great. Fit and finish are holding up well. Exterior still looks new. Very pleased but the daily mpg is a killer! Tune up can only replace front 3 plugs, other 3 need mechanic as unreachable. She loves it, I get to drive it to fill it up, and on long trips. Great on the highway."

Best Minivan Available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this van after my old Acura Integra died. My family loves it! We take lots of 300 mile trips and it's the most comfortable way to travel. With first and second row captain's chairs and a third row split bench, there's plenty of room to stretch out. Privacy glass keeps the sun from glaring in, and there's cupholders and storage cubbies galore! We've never had any mechanical troubles, and the odometer just turned over 200,000 miles. However, looking at it and driving it, you'd swear it didn't even have 60,000 miles. The only problem I've experienced is from the power rear vent windows. When I first bought the van, I opened those windows and it took forever to get them closed again. Weak motor, maybe? Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next 200,000 miles! If you want a minivan that will stand the test of time, don't buy a Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Chevy or even a Honda van. None of these are anywhere near the dependability and reliability of the Toyo Sienna!"