2000 Toyota Sienna

Based on 395 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

A wonderfully reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Just an all around great vehicle"

Cons: "The only design flaw is the lack of an opening mec"

"I bought the vehicle used with approximately 80,000 miles on it. Unless the original owner had the plugs replaced, the plugs are factory issue. The vehicle has truly been the most reliable vehicle my family and I have ever owned. The only major repair expense was replacing a rear wheel bearing. If all Sienna's are as reliable as mine, I would not hesitate to buy another one."

A great workhorse, dependable

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Overal a solid, dependable vehicall and peppy"

Cons: "13 years old, 150,000 miles and original parts"

"I am original owner and used this vihicle daily. We take this vehicle when traveling long distances because of its comfort, gas mileage and storage room. I have been involved in two accidences, neither was I found at fault, and received major damage in one and minor in the other. I have passed all State Inspection, including Emission with no rejections, I use 5000 miles cycle for oil and filter change. As late as this passed winter this vehicle started each day, with as low of " 0 " degrees for a couple of days. I had new brakes installed and one burnt out head lamp."

Excellent vehicle

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

"This is a great vehicle."

Famtastic!

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

"I bought my Sienna used and have added about 100,000 trouble free miles. Last year someone tried to break in and they broke a window and rear door latch, so I had to rent a new van of another make for a few days for a trip. I've never been so happy to get home and back into my own car. Even at age 12, my van outperformed the brand new one in every way!"

I love it - even at 16 years old, it is great.

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Just the right size. Comfy ride. Reliable"

Cons: "Sometimes have to coax power door to shut."

"I've had my 1999 Sienna for 13 years. It is trustworthy, comfortable, drives well, and has had few problems. It's great for older people - just the right height to slide in rather than having to climb up or down. I hope it lasts a very long time."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

"I have owned this van for 10 years. It has given me little trouble and I am not the best at taking care of cars. It runs great and all equipment still works with little repair. I would buy this van again without hesitation."

would own another one without hesitation.

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "mostly trouble free,great family vehicle 18/25mpg"

Cons: "dont believe the value hype! bargain like crazy!"

"We owned a'93 Chrysler minivan for 4 years and got on a first name basis with a tow company.We "invested approx.400/year just for repairs!Unloaded that one and purchased this Sienna and now we don't even get a Christmas card from the tow guys.We got over it. This has been a flawless and most trouble free(outside of normal maintenance) vehicle that I have owed in a very long time.I would own another in a heartbeat."

Best car or truck I've ever had....bar none!

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "Perfect size, great drive, and totally reliable"

Cons: "not a single con!"

"For all the cars and trucks I've bought over the years, this has been the best of the best. I've had NEW Ford trucks, GMC Jimmy's, Honda Accords, BMW's, but this Toyota Sienna was the best of them all for value, durability, realiability and just plain creature comfort for taking the family for our cross-country vacations. I just bought a new Acura MDX, but rather than giving up my 1999 Sienna, I traded in my 2001 F-150 with less miles. And it's still in excellant shape after 160,000 miles....garage kept."

Great car

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Enjoy driving it and all the space inside."

Cons: "The cup holders in the front don't hold cups secur"

"I love this car. I have always loved the way it drives and the seats are so comfortable. I love the space inside. I wish it didn't have so many miles on it (170000+) or I would keep it forever, and I may. It is now getting old and needs strut replacement but other than that it is is in great shape."

My Lab Cab is the best car ever!

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "great reliability"

Cons: "rides like a truck"

"There are very few negatives about my "Lab Cab" The main one is the huge turning radius and truck chassis which make for a bumpier ride and eliminate any hope of a 3 point turn. Driving in the wind is awful but all these are common to vans. I love the reliability of the Sienna and having the stereo controls on the steering wheel is my favorite. My dog and grandson vote for the rear air conditioning."

$1,500 Engine Overhauled by Auto Mechanics in 2013

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Paint, shopping, parking, vacationing"

Cons: "No tow package"

"Maintained, Repaired & Replaced Parts as needed replaced 3 non-metal door handles and rear latch Runs and starts great Four Bucket seats in rear Darker Green color Normal wear in sliding door(s) Did 38 MPG on Highway Driving Tires are OK for town driving Would replace tires for long highway driving In process of getting it ready to clean inside & out not kept in garage"

Purchased new, no problems at 138,000 miles

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Good ride, reliable, has remained rust free."

Cons: "It isn't pretty"

"Vehicle was purchased new. I average a little under 11,000 miles/year. Other than routine maintenance my only expense was an ignition switch that had to be replaced. I use it routinely to pull a small trailer with 4 kayaks. The trailer only reduces my mileage by 1 mpg. Highway mileage at 70 mph is consistently 25-26 mpg. Getting ready to replace it with a 2015 Sienna SE, not because I need to but because I want to."

Best car purchase ever made. Sad to let it go.

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Value, great for hauling stuff. Tremendous cargo."

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"Moving on to different car. Kids are grown. Mid life crisis got me."

Great reliability

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and handles well"

Cons: "Could use better positioned cup holders"

"This vehicle is very reliable and handles well for a mini-van. Gas mileage is 20 mixed and only slightly more on the highway. Aerodynamic shape handles well other than really severe crosswinds but even then speeds in 70's obtainable. I bought at 4000 miles and think it is the best vehicle I ever owned. No significant engine or body hardware issues. Wish they still made this style since it is 6" shorter and 6" narrower than the current bloated ones being sold."

The best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "nothing every breaks on it, easy to drive."

Cons: "One removal seat jams."

"I bought it with 92,000 miles, now it has 247,000. It just keeps on running. I have replaced the timing belt once, the power steering pump once, but everything else is original. My wife has a 2000 version of the same which we use to tow a trailer. Both vans good power, good comfort, and a great van. I have been very pleased I bought this van and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

Love this car

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

"I've driven this car for 8 years. It is very reliable and never has let me down. Love it."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Handling,Comfort,Reliability,Cargo Capacity"

Cons: "Wet Road Handling Could Be Better (Snow is great)."

"I am the only owner of this 2000 Sienna XLE. It has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 283,000 miles and is only now starting to show signs of age. The only maintenance we have done is normal wear and tear (Brakes, tires, etc), and manufacturer's recommendations (timing belt, other belts, etc), with the exception of a pin breaking in the ignition wiring harness requiring a replacement of the wiring harness. Paint is very durable. I got creamed by baseball sized hail a few years ago and although the car has little dents, no paint is chipped (and no glass broke!). Very durable! It handles very well in most conditions, including snow. On extremely wet roads it has a tendency to catch water in the wheel wells, very slightly affecting handling, but this could be a function of tires and the fact that I don't have splash guards. This is only when there is 2-3 inches of water on the road. Handles well even when fully loaded. Still has the same power. It has a few electronic glitches that I understand were fixed with later models (power door sensors malfunction when wet, tire pressure warning system notoriously unreliable). Seats are comfortable. Interior is roomy. Plenty of cargo space. All four rear seats can be removed for extra cargo room -- more room than my standard bed pickup truck! Leather seats are so durable! Stood up to 7 years of kids in car seats and all the messes that go along with that and doesn't show at all. Mileage has been much better than advertised. I've averaged 25 mpg on the highway, which is well above the manufacturers number. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on this car. I am now shopping for a new car and if I still needed the capacity of a van, I would buy another Sienna without hesitation. But now that my kids are driving, I'm downsizing my car. However, my top choice is still Toyota."

Reliable, Dependable, Comfortable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Great all around van."

"My 2000 Sienna is a great van. I have put some rather hard miles on it, driving often on gravel roads and in snow. It has over 175,000 miles on it. The only troubles I've had were with the battery and the battery cable/connection. I have had to replace both window motors as well. It does leak a little oil, but not enough to worry between oil changes. The only time it got low enough to worry about I went 6,000 miles between changes. It is comfortable and gives a nice, smooth, tight ride. You don't hear a whole lot of road noise either so that is nice."

ME??!! In a MiniVan??!! I own one & Love It!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"FAMOUS 'Last Words' are often the ones I end-up eating! This 60+ Lady found herself looking at the LE Toyota Sienna.With my Much Loved 4Runner's TOTAL FLIP-OUT (literally) I was now In-the-market for another car. The info. I received, after the accident of course, is that 4Runners were/are notorious for FLIPPING! Golly,don't have to tell me twice! However, what could replace my heavy, 4WD,Bells & Whistles! Above all, must be Toyota After my Hearty Meal of famous last words, I came across a Sienna LE. Before the TD, I looked inside…..Clean! Smells great, Upholstery Well Cared for.,AND creme-de-la-creme, It didn't seat 4/5 but 7!! Test Drive? Well, I bought it,(2009) still drive it.Runs great. Was already 10 years old when purchased with Average Milage. Today, she boasts a Really Tight Engine, Skin still looks fairly good for her age, With Low-Mileage {just below 170,000}. She is in need of repairs or fixes all minor, Thank You, Lord. So I bid Adieu! In closing I want to comment about Toyota Vehicles: I have owned, driven, used many Makes (mostly Amer.) In those years, I can Honestly report, that T has always stood the test for Reliability,Comfort, Safety, etc.. Engine durability should stand, I believe, with No Others. I don't know if the many Foreign or Domestic Makers have the same outstanding features which seem to be Toyota's TradeMark. I HIGHLY recommend Toyota Products."

Quietest, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfort, quiet, roomy,versitile, Quality"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this used in 2009 with 171,000 miles on it. It now has 268,000+ on it, and just had to replace timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, plugs & many seals for first major repair in Feb. 2014. Water pump was only changed as a precaution, since they already had to remove it to get to timing belt. Replacing front brakes was easy & fairly inexpensive. Headlight replacement is a 2 minute job, even in the winter, with no tools! Compared to 2009 Chevy Malibu, in which you must remove the front of the car, grill, inner fender, etc., to get to the lights-$125.00!! For a stupid headlight! This Sienna is quieter & more comfortable than a new Chrysler Town & Country we had as a loaner vehicle. It also handles very well. Dual A.C. & heat are great, 2 rear captain's chairs & back seats totally removable from van, and has full size spare which we have never used. With all rear seats removed, I can haul 4'x 8' sheets of plywood with all doors completely closed! And it pulls a 3,500lb. trailer with no trouble. It has been in 1 accident, hit from behind & front, and protected my family very well by absorbing the impact. It has NEVER failed us, and I plan to drive it as long as I can. Just keep maintaining it & do reasonable repairs & preventative maintenance, and it will last!"

Best family vehicle you could ask for

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive and very dependable"

"Bought this car Aug 2000. We (wife and two children) have driven this car just about everywhere. It has been virtually problem free and a pleasure to drive. I highly recomend this as a family car."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quality, endurance, price"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, sticky door buttons, lean"

"My Mother bought this in '98 and just purchased a new 2014. Her van has 375k miles as of today. She had the engine replaced at 120k per factory recall. After 255k on the rebuilt motor is is still strong as ever. She loves this van and has had only a few minor issues with it, one being the inside 3rd/4th doors door opening buttons stick at times. She just replaced the radiator at 360k miles. It will now be handed ownership to someone in the Family. The van, as with most mini-vans it has a weird feel in the corners, it has a unstable feeling which i thinks comes form being higher, not as wide of a wheel base, but it is not dangerous. It is still getting 24 MPG with full power in the engine as well."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"

GREAT RELIABLE LUXURY VAN

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Drives smoothly"

"Have owned for 13 years and have loved every minute of it. Still looks like a modern vehicle, and has never given me one miunte of problems. I intend to drive it until it dies, which I feel will be at least another 13 years! Best deal in town!!!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable. small and easy to park for a minivan"

Cons: "cup holders are very shallow."

"I bought my 2003 XLE brand new and have loved it! I was anxious to buy a Sienna in the older, small rounded body style and managed to buy one of the last ones available. It went from toting two kids, their cars seats and strollers, to their BMX bikes, then I added a bike rack for carrying our big mountain bikes. Now it hauls a cello to lessons and anything else I need to carry. I have had to replace one of the stereo speakers, but that's about it. Every other non wear and tear part of the car is still groovin' right along at 160K miles. I do have one irritation with it though: a few years ago it started dying occasionally when I would first start the engine. It's very odd, it just refuses to idle. I have to keep my foot lightly on the the gas and break at the same time until I'm past the first few stops on the road, then it's fine. Numerous repair shops have been unable to figure it out, although I haven't taken it to a Toyota dealer. It's really just an annoyance, and anyway, it wouldn't do it if it was at the dealer. Cars are sneaky that way."