2000 Toyota Sienna

Based on 397 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best Minivan Ever!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"I purchased my Sienna used from the guy that owns the parts store that I use. It was his wife's personal car. Undoubtedly, he didn't know the value of this van, because he let me have it for $3900. This is at least a $6000 van, folks. I test drove it several times, mostly because the mileage was quite high at 185,000. It drove and rode like a dream! We have taken several long road trips in this van and it hasn't let me down once. The only thing I've had to do to it (besides normal maintenance) was to put an alternator on it. That was the first replacement alternator the van had ever seen. All the seats are long-haul comfy, even the back seat. Mine has 2 sliding doors and four captain's chairs, with a split bench in the back. The paint is glossy and all the hardware works. The only thing I've found that doesn't work is the cd player. It keep kicking the cd's back out without playing them. Otherwise, I'm one happy camper and would recommend this great minivan to anyone. The Sienna is by far greater than Caravans, Odysseys, Windstars, Sodonas and everything in between. It now has 195,000 miles on it and still going strong."

Great Vehicle!!!

By on Thursday, February 07, 2008

"I've had this car now for 9 years and it has 225,000 miles. I've only had regular maintenance on it, no problems at all and it still looks great on the outside (more worn on the inside because of kids). In fact I've been thinking about getting another Toyota but it almost seems a waste of money to give it up because it's been so great! My kids have grown up with this van so it's going to be hard to part with!!! I don't plan to ever drive anything but a Toyota."

Incredibly reliable. Going strong at 257,000 miles

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Super reliable. Comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Body hardware, such as sliding doors."

"This is my second Sienna. I purchased both new, one in 1998 and this one in the fall of 2001. Other than scheduled maintenance, such as replacing the timing belt at 90,000 and 180,000 miles, this minivan has required very little. It's had the brakes serviced a couple times. I replaced the original battery after nine years and I change oil every 5,000 miles. There is no rust and the finish still looks good. The only signs of age are the rear sliding doors, which are getting noisy and the carpet which is quite worn. It has always started in the cold Minnesota winters and runs like a much newer vehicle. When it had 250,000 miles, I purchased new 100,000 mile rated tires. Our goal is 300,000 miles, but this car owes us nothing. When it dies I will give it a dignified burial and go shopping for a new Toyota, probably back to a Camry this time."

Overall pleased but...

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "heavy safe"

Cons: "rear seats a pain to remove"

"Still have under 100k, and warranty for sludge is only 10 years now. so hopefully I will have no sludge. Seems that I am penalized a bit from Toyota since I do not drive it as much. Carr performs great, but there is like 7 emission sensors on van that make check engine come on. Replaced one that was easy labor 250.00, the other was like near gas tank, almost a grand . 95% repairs made at Toyota dealer"

Reliable hauler

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My wife got this in 02 after my son totaled the 01. It is still going strong with 213k miles. Hauling capacity is great as my wife is an antique dealer and can stuff lots of merchandise in the van for shows when the seats are removed. Decent handling and ride for a van. A bit noisy on the highway, however. No major problems outside what is expected with wear. The door handles do wear out too frequently and the rear a/c has become very noisy and is no longer used. The van must run on premium gas or there will be stalling problems after 100k miles. But other than periodic maintenance that is it. Pollution sensors start to fail around 180k miles, much better than 80K plus on my BMW."