1999 Toyota Sienna

Based on 406 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Suburban plus

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Bought the LE in 2002 new. Looked at Odyssey but hard to get. Have 63,000miles now. Not disapointed so far. Wife drives 30 miles round trip winding, hilly road to work daily, mileage w/V6 is only 16-17mpg, but she loves how it handles. Longer beach trips loaded @ 21 mpg. Tires do wear, due esp to weight on front end; suggest allignment program @NTB. Brakes replaced every 13-16K as she DRIVES; rotors repl @ 62K! Front strut seal broke @ 55K, replaced both. Fuel sensor repl@ 59K. Regular oil changes; keeps running great. Fit and finish are holding up well. Exterior still looks new. Very pleased but the daily mpg is a killer! Tune up can only replace front 3 plugs, other 3 need mechanic as unreachable. She loves it, I get to drive it to fill it up, and on long trips. Great on the highway."

Best Minivan Available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this van after my old Acura Integra died. My family loves it! We take lots of 300 mile trips and it's the most comfortable way to travel. With first and second row captain's chairs and a third row split bench, there's plenty of room to stretch out. Privacy glass keeps the sun from glaring in, and there's cupholders and storage cubbies galore! We've never had any mechanical troubles, and the odometer just turned over 200,000 miles. However, looking at it and driving it, you'd swear it didn't even have 60,000 miles. The only problem I've experienced is from the power rear vent windows. When I first bought the van, I opened those windows and it took forever to get them closed again. Weak motor, maybe? Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next 200,000 miles! If you want a minivan that will stand the test of time, don't buy a Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Chevy or even a Honda van. None of these are anywhere near the dependability and reliability of the Toyo Sienna!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "dependable car"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"This is one of the best cars I've ever had. It owes me nothing. Very limited repairs, excellent on the road gas mileage. The muffler is starting to get loud and my husband spent $800.00 7 months ago on all new timing belts, etc. and doesn't want to put any more money into it. Think we'll donate it to the Vets. Someone is going to get a nice car."

Purchased new, no problems at 138,000 miles

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "Good ride, reliable, has remained rust free."

Cons: "It isn't pretty"

"Vehicle was purchased new. I average a little under 11,000 miles/year. Other than routine maintenance my only expense was an ignition switch that had to be replaced. I use it routinely to pull a small trailer with 4 kayaks. The trailer only reduces my mileage by 1 mpg. Highway mileage at 70 mph is consistently 25-26 mpg. Getting ready to replace it with a 2015 Sienna SE, not because I need to but because I want to."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"