1999 Toyota Sienna

Based on 406 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best Minivan Ever!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"I purchased my Sienna used from the guy that owns the parts store that I use. It was his wife's personal car. Undoubtedly, he didn't know the value of this van, because he let me have it for $3900. This is at least a $6000 van, folks. I test drove it several times, mostly because the mileage was quite high at 185,000. It drove and rode like a dream! We have taken several long road trips in this van and it hasn't let me down once. The only thing I've had to do to it (besides normal maintenance) was to put an alternator on it. That was the first replacement alternator the van had ever seen. All the seats are long-haul comfy, even the back seat. Mine has 2 sliding doors and four captain's chairs, with a split bench in the back. The paint is glossy and all the hardware works. The only thing I've found that doesn't work is the cd player. It keep kicking the cd's back out without playing them. Otherwise, I'm one happy camper and would recommend this great minivan to anyone. The Sienna is by far greater than Caravans, Odysseys, Windstars, Sodonas and everything in between. It now has 195,000 miles on it and still going strong."

17 YEARS AND STILL GOING

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

"Bought the 2000 Sienna in 1999 when the kids were still in baby car seats. It's 17 years later and the van still works great and even still looks good! Mechanically, it has been awesome. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. We have been dutiful in doing the major services recommended by Toyota, as well as keeping the oil changes, tire rotations, etc. up to date. We have had to replace the plastic door handles on the driver and passenger door, and the handle on the rear hatch as well. If that is all I can complain about in all this time, you can guess we have been pretty happy with this van. But, thats why we bought a Toyota in the first place. We have other newer Toyota's, but this is the one we get into for a long family trip, as it is the roomiest and most comfy for the family. AND, even with its age, still very secure and safe. Love my Toyota!"

300,000 + miles

By on Sunday, February 28, 2016

"Over 300,000 miles and no major repairs. Parts are available for the little things like lights, door handles, etc that wore out.I hope it makes it another 100,000 as I can't think of any other car I would want."

Overall, it's a good vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable engine and transmission"

Cons: "Poor interior build quality"

"I've owned a Sienna CE for 13 years. The engine and transmission have been good. The troublesome things are that many of the parts inside the van have broken. These were not all done by our kids (who are now grown). I think there is a certain amount of planned obsolescence in this vehicle. Then again, that may be true of other manufacturers. We have also had a few oddball electrical problems with our Sienna. The driver's seatbelt light comes on, even when the driver is buckled. The parking brake light is on, even when the parking brake is not set."

A real workhorse!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Strength, room, simplicity"

Cons: "As mine was a CE, not much for accessories"

"Being a single, older, woman, I am often asked why I need a van. My 2000 Sienna CE allow me to take my mother on the last road trip of her life - comfortably. Later, it became the easiest vehicle in the family to get her into and out of when she was wheelchair bound. It has hauled gardening rock for a three tier garden, gotten a groom and his groomsmen to the church on time, etc. I will miss her, but with my limited knowledge of car care I hope to find someone to take better care of her for her next 100K miles! And I'd buy another 2000 Sienna with fewer miles in a minute!"