1999 Toyota Sienna

Based on 382 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

The best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "nothing every breaks on it, easy to drive."

Cons: "One removal seat jams."

"I bought it with 92,000 miles, now it has 247,000. It just keeps on running. I have replaced the timing belt once, the power steering pump once, but everything else is original. My wife has a 2000 version of the same which we use to tow a trailer. Both vans good power, good comfort, and a great van. I have been very pleased I bought this van and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

Sienna Minivan wonderful car - want a new car

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Solid performer in great shape."

Cons: "Minor paint damage left rear bumper"

"It is the best vehicle I have ever driven. I just want a new car. Absolutely reliable. It has JBL sound system. The rear bumper has never been replaced but has been repainted. It's the only place where there is some paint chipping on its left side. Other than that, terrific."

Love this car

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

"I've driven this car for 8 years. It is very reliable and never has let me down. Love it."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Handling,Comfort,Reliability,Cargo Capacity"

Cons: "Wet Road Handling Could Be Better (Snow is great)."

"I am the only owner of this 2000 Sienna XLE. It has been the best car I have ever owned. It has 283,000 miles and is only now starting to show signs of age. The only maintenance we have done is normal wear and tear (Brakes, tires, etc), and manufacturer's recommendations (timing belt, other belts, etc), with the exception of a pin breaking in the ignition wiring harness requiring a replacement of the wiring harness. Paint is very durable. I got creamed by baseball sized hail a few years ago and although the car has little dents, no paint is chipped (and no glass broke!). Very durable! It handles very well in most conditions, including snow. On extremely wet roads it has a tendency to catch water in the wheel wells, very slightly affecting handling, but this could be a function of tires and the fact that I don't have splash guards. This is only when there is 2-3 inches of water on the road. Handles well even when fully loaded. Still has the same power. It has a few electronic glitches that I understand were fixed with later models (power door sensors malfunction when wet, tire pressure warning system notoriously unreliable). Seats are comfortable. Interior is roomy. Plenty of cargo space. All four rear seats can be removed for extra cargo room -- more room than my standard bed pickup truck! Leather seats are so durable! Stood up to 7 years of kids in car seats and all the messes that go along with that and doesn't show at all. Mileage has been much better than advertised. I've averaged 25 mpg on the highway, which is well above the manufacturers number. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on this car. I am now shopping for a new car and if I still needed the capacity of a van, I would buy another Sienna without hesitation. But now that my kids are driving, I'm downsizing my car. However, my top choice is still Toyota."

Reliable, Dependable, Comfortable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Great all around van."

"My 2000 Sienna is a great van. I have put some rather hard miles on it, driving often on gravel roads and in snow. It has over 175,000 miles on it. The only troubles I've had were with the battery and the battery cable/connection. I have had to replace both window motors as well. It does leak a little oil, but not enough to worry between oil changes. The only time it got low enough to worry about I went 6,000 miles between changes. It is comfortable and gives a nice, smooth, tight ride. You don't hear a whole lot of road noise either so that is nice."