1998 Toyota Sienna

Based on 377 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

ME??!! In a MiniVan??!! I own one & Love It!

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"FAMOUS 'Last Words' are often the ones I end-up eating! This 60+ Lady found herself looking at the LE Toyota Sienna.With my Much Loved 4Runner's TOTAL FLIP-OUT (literally) I was now In-the-market for another car. The info. I received, after the accident of course, is that 4Runners were/are notorious for FLIPPING! Golly,don't have to tell me twice! However, what could replace my heavy, 4WD,Bells & Whistles! Above all, must be Toyota After my Hearty Meal of famous last words, I came across a Sienna LE. Before the TD, I looked inside…..Clean! Smells great, Upholstery Well Cared for.,AND creme-de-la-creme, It didn't seat 4/5 but 7!! Test Drive? Well, I bought it,(2009) still drive it.Runs great. Was already 10 years old when purchased with Average Milage. Today, she boasts a Really Tight Engine, Skin still looks fairly good for her age, With Low-Mileage {just below 170,000}. She is in need of repairs or fixes all minor, Thank You, Lord. So I bid Adieu! In closing I want to comment about Toyota Vehicles: I have owned, driven, used many Makes (mostly Amer.) In those years, I can Honestly report, that T has always stood the test for Reliability,Comfort, Safety, etc.. Engine durability should stand, I believe, with No Others. I don't know if the many Foreign or Domestic Makers have the same outstanding features which seem to be Toyota's TradeMark. I HIGHLY recommend Toyota Products."

Quietest, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfort, quiet, roomy,versitile, Quality"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this used in 2009 with 171,000 miles on it. It now has 268,000+ on it, and just had to replace timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, plugs & many seals for first major repair in Feb. 2014. Water pump was only changed as a precaution, since they already had to remove it to get to timing belt. Replacing front brakes was easy & fairly inexpensive. Headlight replacement is a 2 minute job, even in the winter, with no tools! Compared to 2009 Chevy Malibu, in which you must remove the front of the car, grill, inner fender, etc., to get to the lights-$125.00!! For a stupid headlight! This Sienna is quieter & more comfortable than a new Chrysler Town & Country we had as a loaner vehicle. It also handles very well. Dual A.C. & heat are great, 2 rear captain's chairs & back seats totally removable from van, and has full size spare which we have never used. With all rear seats removed, I can haul 4'x 8' sheets of plywood with all doors completely closed! And it pulls a 3,500lb. trailer with no trouble. It has been in 1 accident, hit from behind & front, and protected my family very well by absorbing the impact. It has NEVER failed us, and I plan to drive it as long as I can. Just keep maintaining it & do reasonable repairs & preventative maintenance, and it will last!"

Best family vehicle you could ask for

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive and very dependable"

"Bought this car Aug 2000. We (wife and two children) have driven this car just about everywhere. It has been virtually problem free and a pleasure to drive. I highly recomend this as a family car."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quality, endurance, price"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, sticky door buttons, lean"

"My Mother bought this in '98 and just purchased a new 2014. Her van has 375k miles as of today. She had the engine replaced at 120k per factory recall. After 255k on the rebuilt motor is is still strong as ever. She loves this van and has had only a few minor issues with it, one being the inside 3rd/4th doors door opening buttons stick at times. She just replaced the radiator at 360k miles. It will now be handed ownership to someone in the Family. The van, as with most mini-vans it has a weird feel in the corners, it has a unstable feeling which i thinks comes form being higher, not as wide of a wheel base, but it is not dangerous. It is still getting 24 MPG with full power in the engine as well."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"