2014 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,442 - $42,833.

10/7.1

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."

A great SUV. A must for long trips.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable. Reliable."

Cons: "Would like better mpg but does well for 6000 lb.'s"

"2013 Platinum Sequoia. With the adjustable suspension drives like a Lincoln TownCar. Very quiet. It has excellent power with smooth acceleration. Current gas mileage 18-19 in mixed driving. The interior really focuses on the passengers with comfort for everyone and adequate legroom. A little pricey but still is a good value compared to the Suburban, Escalade and Infiniti Q56. If it is like the other Toyotas and Lexus vehicles we have owned in the past it should be very reliable and will probably still be going strong 10 years from now. It would be great if they made an extended version for more storage with the third seat up."

Toyota customer service is terrible

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good size, roomy"

Cons: "Terrible customer service"

"Just want to let everyone know to beware. I own a 2008 sequoia, and have issues with the cd changer skipping while driving. Since the dealer is not able to recreate the problem within the short window that they test it (in the dealership), they can't submit a warranty request to fix the problem. I emailed Toyota and their answer was that I don't have any options, and they will not do anything to help. I also own a Nissan, and when I had a similar issue with a problem the dealership couldn't find, they called the dealership and assured me that they would keep on the problem until it was resolved. There is obviously a big problem with Toyota customer retention, and consumers should beware before buying from a company that has such an obvious disregard for customer loyalty. This was the 4th Toyota that I have purchased, and I will not be buying again."