2014 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,361 - $42,748.

10/7.1

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Toyota customer service is terrible

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good size, roomy"

Cons: "Terrible customer service"

"Just want to let everyone know to beware. I own a 2008 sequoia, and have issues with the cd changer skipping while driving. Since the dealer is not able to recreate the problem within the short window that they test it (in the dealership), they can't submit a warranty request to fix the problem. I emailed Toyota and their answer was that I don't have any options, and they will not do anything to help. I also own a Nissan, and when I had a similar issue with a problem the dealership couldn't find, they called the dealership and assured me that they would keep on the problem until it was resolved. There is obviously a big problem with Toyota customer retention, and consumers should beware before buying from a company that has such an obvious disregard for customer loyalty. This was the 4th Toyota that I have purchased, and I will not be buying again."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

I LOVE my Sequoia. Will never own another vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Comofort, room, window shades, many options"

Cons: "cargo room and price"

"This car has more options than I ever imagined. Window screens are awesome for those riding in the back seats. Overall room in this vehicle is awesome. Could use a little more cargo space. More storage compartments then I could ever use. Drives amazing. Very comfortable ride no matter what seat you chose to sit in. The quality of the vehilce is great as well as the design. I LOVE this car and will never own a different car."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "interior space, turning radius, Bluetooth quality"

Cons: "interior quality, size of fuel tank, body roll"

"Have owned a 2012 Sequoia for one year now and cannot be happier. The car is very wide and has lots of room, accelerates quickly for a vehicle its size, and looks great driving through town. The backseats are much bigger than competitors (Tahoe/suburban, Armada, Expedition) and the whole family loves going for ride. One drawback is fuel economy (averaging about 14 MPG right now) which wouldnt be a big problem if the car had a bigger tank because when filled up it only has 250 miles. Only other drawback is interior quality, which seems like it should be higher for a loaded $65,000 SUV. Overall, love the car and plan to keep it for many years!"

Best Suv out there

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I want this car

"This car is great. has more than enough power and really short turning diameter. Been looking to buy one and take it to the sahara but a little out of my reach. If you want luxury in a off road package then this is your car."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

Beautiful car. Poor gas mileage.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Great interior and ride"

Cons: "Mpg poor"

"Less than 12 mpg both city and highway."

I think I have a lemon :(

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "size, comfort, ease of handling"

Cons: "braking noise"

"We bought this car new in 2010. And it has been an awesome car for our family. It hauls the kids around, all their friends, their gear, etc. with ease. However, I have had nothing but problems with the brakes on this car since I got it. Not with them not working, they work just fine. With them squealing. Loudly. All the time. Yesterday, the kids at school pick up put their hands over their ears. We have machined the rotars, replaced the pads, replaced the rotars (at only 60K). The dealer has been very nice about it but they can't seem to fix it. I will probably be getting rid of the car because it drives me crazy :("

WHAT A VEHICLE!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Gas mileage. but it's a V-8 4x4"

"Everything anyone could ask for in an SUV. The bells and whistles, ride and drive, and quality and resale are fantastic!!"

Great value - top performance

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Road Warrior"

Cons: "Loose steering-low end tires on nice rims"

"This is an exceptional value vs the high end Lexus (same engine) and GM products. I drove Suburbans for years until they became 80% plastic. Because I keep my trucks for a long time and don't buy a new one every three years- I went for reliability. If you want to experience why I turned away from GM, just sit in the back bucket seat of a Denali and then the back bucket of the Sequoia Platinum - absolutely no comparison. The Denali interior is mostly plastic and the back buckets are perfectly sized for a dwarf. I've now had my Sequoia Platinum almost 2 years and only two issues come to mind. First off, while the turning radius is incredible, the wheel is a little sloppy and steering seems engineered for female drivers more so than a work truck on a job site. I like more resistance when I turn the wheel. Second, mileage. (which is in no way a defect as I knew that going in). For the money, ($55,000) There is not a better full-sized SUV on the market!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25