2012 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Grand Beast!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "build quality, ride, power"

Cons: "no sunglasses holder (every other Toyota has one)"

"Found a 2008 with only 33,000 miles. I have owned several Suburbans and an Envoy and loved them all but no one - not even GMC - builds a truck like Toyota. Drives beautifully, comfortable to a fault, powerful, just a great truck. I would say that if gas mileage is an issue you should avoid this thing (I average 14.7 mpg) but it IS a three ton truck with 381 horsepower so low mileage should come as no surprise. If you want a solid, beautifully made, easy to drive large vehicle you should look no further."

My Second one

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I love driving my track"

Cons: "Expensive for a platinum"

"I love this truck, i can't stress enough about the inside and out of the truck its amazing. I have the 2011 Toyota sequoia platinum. Its a very strong truck the feature in the truck blew me away there is so much, the truck does so much. I like everything on this truck so its hard to say one thing. The only concern I have is, its not cheap. Make sure you have a good trade in car or truck and its paid off."

2nd Sequioa

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"This is my second sequoia. Traded an '03. Only issue is size/ position of side view mirrors that block visibility"

Most awesome vehicle on the streets

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "everything from horsepower to looks, safe"

Cons: "mpg, 4wd expensive to service, tires=expensive"

"I own a Sequoia and I love it. It's fun to drive everywhere. It's very powerful when pulling out from a stop light if u put your foot on the gas pedal like you would a 6 cylinder its gonna be a little rough because its got 381 hp..it will go! It's very safe. Wouldn't recommend it for a teenage driver or if you are trying to save on gas! Ours gets on average 14 or 15mpg..which isn't alot btw! It's great for traveling long distances...very comfy has heated seats! The electronics in it is pretty cool it tells you the average speed, average mpg, the odometer, temp outside, it has buttons in the back that with the push of a button puts the 3rd row seat down for more space to put cargo. Has roof racks, Sirus XM, has a big console, glove box and a storage compartment above it too. Has running boards, the stereo is the best part because of the bass! when you get the groceries and have the bass on 5 (as high as the bass will go) u can hear go boom boom boom in the back and the groceries sound like moraccas in the back. ON the remote entry it has a button for you to lift the tail gate. Oh and if you dont wear your seat belt this truck will get you in the habit of doing it. when you put the vehicle in drive the seat belt light will start flashing and if you dont have your seat belt on within maybe 15 secs it will start dinging at you or if you are already driving and are having to reach for lets say your cell phone because its ringing and you take off your seat belt you better either ignore the phone or hurry up and get it out and put your belt back on because the dinging noise with start again if you dont.. it has bluetooth, turn signals on your mirrors, power mirrors. automatic headlights (automatically come on just before dark) or when going under a bridge or tunnel like in Atlanta, has an aux input, plenty of storage compartments and all toyotas keep their value you can put as many miles as you want on it and it will still work the same as if you just bought it yesterday! Go ahead and buy it! Sorry for all the info but i love vehicles and just trying to tell yal what all it has on it!"

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

Want to feel great, this is the car for you

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfy, great engine, acceleration."

Cons: "Gas consumption but expected"

"Great car. Acceleration and comfort are unmatched. It is quiet inside and great visibility. Quite roomy that my four kids don't have to fight for seats, they are all very comfy. Other than I had to change the radiator at 100,000, and continue to have some rotten egg smell when I excessfully accelerate(this happened from the time it was new), I have had no problems. However,when you buy this car, forget about gas consumption: averages 15 miles and now starting to hear some rattles inside the car. No concern at this time. It has 120,000 miles and still going strong."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."