2011 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great for Family, but very overpriced

By on Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Sturdy, Family-oriented vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage and weak easily scratched paint"

"I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited with a 4.7L engine which I purchased used with approximately 27K miles. This is a great family car. Its very spacious, reliable, agile, mechanically sound and sturdy vehicle. I have towed a large boat and driven on long road trips. In both scenarios, this car performs flawlessly. The only complaints I have are: 1) The paint seems like it scratches easily (specially the front of the car where every now and again a small rock will strike). My suggestion would be: Avoid driving behind large trucks at all cost... Rock chips are common. 2) The gas mileage, of course. Even with a clean air filter, new sparkplugs, highly inflated tires, this is a guzzler. Even when driven at 55mph, this is a guzzler! On the highway, I get about 17mpg at 60mph, and about 15mpg at 70-80mph. In the city, I get as low as 13-14mpg. This mileage is worse than what some of my SUV driving friends get with their Yukon, Tahoes, etc. 3) The handle for the rear door broke leaving me not able to open the rear door. According to my local Toyota dealer, it is a common breakage. It set me back ~ 396 dollars. 4) The back-up camera has broken twice. It simply sucks. If you have a large family and can live with low mileage and paint that easily scratches, this is a car for you."

Excellent Value and overall SUV

By on Thursday, June 5, 2008

"We are very happy with the value and manueverability of the new Sequoia. The gas mileage every day is around 16mpg higher on the highway trips. The turning radius is very nice for this large of an SUV it can easily make the turns that you would normally have to back up with. The tri-climate control is a must for all SUVs and comes standard. I would suggest going with the SR5 and upgrading the parts that you must have (6-CD in dash...etc) unless there is a "have to have" option on the Limited (7-seats) or Platinum (variable cruise control or suspension). It's up to you but worth it for the base model in my opinion."

WHAT A VEHICLE!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Gas mileage. but it's a V-8 4x4"

"Everything anyone could ask for in an SUV. The bells and whistles, ride and drive, and quality and resale are fantastic!!"

Love this 2008 Toyota Sequoia, Limited. SUV

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, fully loaded"

Cons: "Gas mileage averages about 16 mpg city and frwy"

"I have owned an Acura MDX, loved it, and a Cadillac Escalade ESV, this suv is taller so be carefull in small garages. I had more room in Caddy, but had to remove seat where the Sequoia just folds down. It has more storage places in it than any other vehicle I have ever seen. Great for long trips very roomy. Would like better gas mileage, but love this SUV and we are thinking of buying another."