2011 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Very Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, surprisingly quick"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I have now owned my 2008 Toyota Sequoia for just over 4 years and 60K miles, have not had a single issue. Has been extremely reliable, comfortable on long trips, and is large enough to put my families stuff in it with room to spare. The only negative is the gas mileage. I drive all city driving and it gets 11-12 miles per gallon."

Fine vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"The only downfall is the rear visibility when backing although it does have a back-up camera and sensors."

It is the best SUV, if you need the third row

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Price and need an extended version"

"I looked at all the full size SUVs and it came down to the Ford Expedition and the Sequoia. I went with the Sequoia because of the following: 1. The second row seats slides for access to the third row. This makes it easy for my kids to get in and out. 2. Easier to drive and short turn radius. 3. I needed the power for towing our trail trailer. Mine also has the supercharger as well."

Rolling beast

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "Feels as big as it is. Just needs cannon turret"

Cons: "Nav screen. Cargo room."

"My wife and I both love driving this SUV. We bought the Platinum edition, 2010 model year. More features & driver control than the Expy Limited we traded in. The center console on the 2nd row is OFF THE HOOK! Love having 3 options to adjust the ride: smooth, normal, sport. GREAT idea to put buttons behind and to the side of the 2nd row seats to lower or raise the 3rd row. You can, as with the Expy, also do that from the back with the tailgate raised. You CANNOT do that in a Chevy or Caddy. Their 3rd row is still manual! STUPID! They haven't changed that since they introduced the 3rd row! We would have bought an Escalade if it weren't for the idiotic 3rd row. But I digress. Back to point: it has so far been everything we expected from Toyota. Reliable, higher quality fit & trim, quieter ride than Expy. The only glaring downsides are 1) DEFINITELY does not have the cargo room of an Expy. 2) Many functions on the nav screen you can't do while the car is moving. It's a safety feature, but did the Japanese forget that PASSENGERS ride in PASSENGER vehicles? 3) Listening to a call coming from the vehicle's bluetooth ain't great. Time will tell on true reliablity, and how I ultimately determine its value. It only has +/- 42,000 miles on it, so I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong mechanically yet. And it hasn't. Not like the GMC I bought whose transmission gave out at 38,000 miles. I will tell you this: the salesman used an electronic tool to test the paint thickness on the Expy we traded in. Any significant variations among the different areas of the car would tell him the car had been repainted, indicating certainly body repair, and possibly an unknown/unreported wreck. I had him test the Sequoia and the paint thickness was twice as much as the Expy. More durable? Harder to damage/scratch?"

Very Nice

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "Nav System"

"The turning radius is quite amazing. Toyota has done an amazing job compensating the weight of the car with the 5.7 litre engine that carries a lot of pep. between city/hwy driving it averages about 18-19 mpg. Toyota has upped quality of the interior this past year on Sequoias because of complaints. This is reflected in the 2011 model i purchased. Nothing cheap on it. The inside, is very comfortable and ergonomically placed. JBL sound system out does the bose system in others.. Caveat is the navigation system. It's weak and outdated. My iPhone4 has a better GPS. The screen disables when the vehicle is moving as a safety feature. This can be very annoying and cumbersome because most, if not all functions of stereo, DVD, nav, phone and voice control systems are run through this screen. Roadtrips are very comfortable and would say that this is the Sequoia's strong point. We have rear bucket seats in the Platinum which makes for a very comfortable ride for rear passengers. Third row seats are very roomy and have electric seat backs. For their high-end model (platinum), I'm disappointed that there arent a few options on it such as: rain sensors and keyless start. These may be offered as an option that I'm unaware of. overall, Im vey happy with the Platinum Sequoia and feel its the best bang for the buck in the full size group."