2011 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

It is the best SUV, if you need the third row

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Price and need an extended version"

"I looked at all the full size SUVs and it came down to the Ford Expedition and the Sequoia. I went with the Sequoia because of the following: 1. The second row seats slides for access to the third row. This makes it easy for my kids to get in and out. 2. Easier to drive and short turn radius. 3. I needed the power for towing our trail trailer. Mine also has the supercharger as well."

Rolling beast

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Feels as big as it is. Just needs cannon turret"

Cons: "Nav screen. Cargo room."

"My wife and I both love driving this SUV. We bought the Platinum edition, 2010 model year. More features & driver control than the Expy Limited we traded in. The center console on the 2nd row is OFF THE HOOK! Love having 3 options to adjust the ride: smooth, normal, sport. GREAT idea to put buttons behind and to the side of the 2nd row seats to lower or raise the 3rd row. You can, as with the Expy, also do that from the back with the tailgate raised. You CANNOT do that in a Chevy or Caddy. Their 3rd row is still manual! STUPID! They haven't changed that since they introduced the 3rd row! We would have bought an Escalade if it weren't for the idiotic 3rd row. But I digress. Back to point: it has so far been everything we expected from Toyota. Reliable, higher quality fit & trim, quieter ride than Expy. The only glaring downsides are 1) DEFINITELY does not have the cargo room of an Expy. 2) Many functions on the nav screen you can't do while the car is moving. It's a safety feature, but did the Japanese forget that PASSENGERS ride in PASSENGER vehicles? 3) Listening to a call coming from the vehicle's bluetooth ain't great. Time will tell on true reliablity, and how I ultimately determine its value. It only has +/- 42,000 miles on it, so I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong mechanically yet. And it hasn't. Not like the GMC I bought whose transmission gave out at 38,000 miles. I will tell you this: the salesman used an electronic tool to test the paint thickness on the Expy we traded in. Any significant variations among the different areas of the car would tell him the car had been repainted, indicating certainly body repair, and possibly an unknown/unreported wreck. I had him test the Sequoia and the paint thickness was twice as much as the Expy. More durable? Harder to damage/scratch?"

Great value - top performance

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Road Warrior"

Cons: "Loose steering-low end tires on nice rims"

"This is an exceptional value vs the high end Lexus (same engine) and GM products. I drove Suburbans for years until they became 80% plastic. Because I keep my trucks for a long time and don't buy a new one every three years- I went for reliability. If you want to experience why I turned away from GM, just sit in the back bucket seat of a Denali and then the back bucket of the Sequoia Platinum - absolutely no comparison. The Denali interior is mostly plastic and the back buckets are perfectly sized for a dwarf. I've now had my Sequoia Platinum almost 2 years and only two issues come to mind. First off, while the turning radius is incredible, the wheel is a little sloppy and steering seems engineered for female drivers more so than a work truck on a job site. I like more resistance when I turn the wheel. Second, mileage. (which is in no way a defect as I knew that going in). For the money, ($55,000) There is not a better full-sized SUV on the market!"

Some much Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

"I'll start with what I dislike... The interior has too much plastic, the front pillars and seating position make visibility poor, some controls could be better placed and it's really hard for shorter people to get in out of. What I love: It's an incredibly powerful vehicle for towing our small boat, It pulls it like a little toy, Interior is very comfortable, spacious and has so much storage, brakes are very good, turning radius is good, gas mileage isn't too bad for such a large and power vehicle, dependability is excellent. My small complaints are just that. I really don't think my family's owned a better vehicle."

Great for Family, but very overpriced

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Sturdy, Family-oriented vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage and weak easily scratched paint"

"I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited with a 4.7L engine which I purchased used with approximately 27K miles. This is a great family car. Its very spacious, reliable, agile, mechanically sound and sturdy vehicle. I have towed a large boat and driven on long road trips. In both scenarios, this car performs flawlessly. The only complaints I have are: 1) The paint seems like it scratches easily (specially the front of the car where every now and again a small rock will strike). My suggestion would be: Avoid driving behind large trucks at all cost... Rock chips are common. 2) The gas mileage, of course. Even with a clean air filter, new sparkplugs, highly inflated tires, this is a guzzler. Even when driven at 55mph, this is a guzzler! On the highway, I get about 17mpg at 60mph, and about 15mpg at 70-80mph. In the city, I get as low as 13-14mpg. This mileage is worse than what some of my SUV driving friends get with their Yukon, Tahoes, etc. 3) The handle for the rear door broke leaving me not able to open the rear door. According to my local Toyota dealer, it is a common breakage. It set me back ~ 396 dollars. 4) The back-up camera has broken twice. It simply sucks. If you have a large family and can live with low mileage and paint that easily scratches, this is a car for you."