2011 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent Value and overall SUV

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"We are very happy with the value and manueverability of the new Sequoia. The gas mileage every day is around 16mpg higher on the highway trips. The turning radius is very nice for this large of an SUV it can easily make the turns that you would normally have to back up with. The tri-climate control is a must for all SUVs and comes standard. I would suggest going with the SR5 and upgrading the parts that you must have (6-CD in dash...etc) unless there is a "have to have" option on the Limited (7-seats) or Platinum (variable cruise control or suspension). It's up to you but worth it for the base model in my opinion."

Some much Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

"I'll start with what I dislike... The interior has too much plastic, the front pillars and seating position make visibility poor, some controls could be better placed and it's really hard for shorter people to get in out of. What I love: It's an incredibly powerful vehicle for towing our small boat, It pulls it like a little toy, Interior is very comfortable, spacious and has so much storage, brakes are very good, turning radius is good, gas mileage isn't too bad for such a large and power vehicle, dependability is excellent. My small complaints are just that. I really don't think my family's owned a better vehicle."

Below

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Simply the best full size SUV available. Faster than by first Vette, hauls a family of 6 plus all of our weekend gear with room to spare. I towed my 10,000 pound boat with the entire family and gear. Couldnt even feel it back there! Ive had it for over 3 years and almost 40,000 miles and it still looks and drives like brand new. I love it and my wife whos 5'3" and 120 pounds can drive it like its a Boxster. Many of the colors are terrible but I have the dark red metallic which looks great. The styling is a bit boring but the performance is so much better than anything else on the market!"

Great vehicle, powerful, copious interior space

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "price for features especially the sport trim optio"

Cons: "cheap dash and exterior styling"

"great suv, 100 hp more than a chevy or ford with the 5.7L 6 speed and more interior room"

5 star SUV

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"This is the best SUV i've driven. Nothing compares. Its sweet !"

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"This is the nicest truck I have ever driven in. A real luxury. When people get into this truck they are all amazed at the performace. If you are looking for a large SUV, this is the way to go!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

"I have owned 2 Tahoes and really liked them. They don't even compare to the Sequoia. By far the best SUV I've owned. Pulls my RV twice as good as my '07 Tahoe did. Smooth, comfortable ride. The amenities the Sequoia has campared to the Tahoe is unbelievable. The 3rd row seats on the Tahoe had to be removed and they weigh a ton. Love the Sequoia's fold down 3rd row. Wonder why GM is so far behind Toyota and some of the other makes?"

outstanding

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"After owning 4-runners I decided to get a larger suv. the sequoia is a smooth performer with comfort at its best. Love the heated leather seats and driveability for the winters of northern NY."

NICE HUGE TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought my Sequoia back in March of 08. I always wanted a Sequoia, but after they changed the style on the 08 I knew I had to have it. I have the SR5 w/ the 4.7engine. I know the mpg advertised w/the truck is not the best out there, however, with the gas prices going down it does not seem that much of a difference from v6 car. Plus, this car takes regular gas, so you don't have to put top of the line gasoline. I have the 2nd row w/o the captain chairs and I wish I would of asked for it, but I guess w/ 3 toddlers in the truck it was a good decision. The room on this truck is wonderful. I can fit all my 3 kids w/ car seats in the 2nd row w/o a problem. I drove the truck in a long road trip and this truck performed like a well oiled machine. I love the back window that has the ability to go up and down if I wish just by a press of a button. I wish I had picked the 5.7 engine which gives out 381 HP, but 276 HP that I have now is enough. The steering wheel is real smooth when turning of backing up trying to park, plus this truck never hesitates when accelerating unlike other trucks produced by GMC. OH, I previously owned a Mitsubishi Montero before this truck and even though the Montero didn't give me any problems, this truck is far superior than the Montero and the other trucks Yukon, Armada, and Tahoe, that I test drove. OH OH, and this truck is like a tank going through snow, I was fortunate to drive through a foot or more of snow w/o any signs of getting stuck, I have to say it was very joyful driving through the snow like water while other cars were stuck!"

Great cruising machine

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Have owned for about 2 years and overall enjoy the vehicle. We purchased it because of its interior room since we travel extensively for basketball tournaments and back and forth to college in Tennessee. The quality of this vehicle is not up to what Toyota is supposed to be about. The transmission is not very smooth, especially at lower speeds, it seaches constantly for the right gear. Gas pedal is very 'jerky". Needs sensors in the center of the front bumper not just on the ends due to visibility issues. Performance, towing and pickup are great,lots of power. Comfort inside is excellant however even though this is the Platinum edition, materials are a bit "cheap". The nav system is annoying in that you cannot operate it when the vehicle is moving. I agree with this if you are by yourself, but if you have a passenger with you in the right front seat, they should be able to use system without having to stop. Overall, a very nice road vehicle with tons of storage room. Toyota needs to get back to quality, like before, and not like when they first were built in the 60's. Engines and trans were great, but bodies were terrible. Seems that Toyota is starting to forget what made them #1."