2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Below

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Simply the best full size SUV available. Faster than by first Vette, hauls a family of 6 plus all of our weekend gear with room to spare. I towed my 10,000 pound boat with the entire family and gear. Couldnt even feel it back there! Ive had it for over 3 years and almost 40,000 miles and it still looks and drives like brand new. I love it and my wife whos 5'3" and 120 pounds can drive it like its a Boxster. Many of the colors are terrible but I have the dark red metallic which looks great. The styling is a bit boring but the performance is so much better than anything else on the market!"

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pros: "great for long trips, lots of room in the back"

Cons: "gas mileage (average for me=14.5mpg), cost"

"it has everything you could want in a luxury vehicle sure the gas mileage isn't great and the cost stinks however it is still a great vehicle and when you sell it the value of the vehicle holds its value compared to other vehicles"

I LOVE my Sequoia. Will never own another vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Comofort, room, window shades, many options"

Cons: "cargo room and price"

"This car has more options than I ever imagined. Window screens are awesome for those riding in the back seats. Overall room in this vehicle is awesome. Could use a little more cargo space. More storage compartments then I could ever use. Drives amazing. Very comfortable ride no matter what seat you chose to sit in. The quality of the vehilce is great as well as the design. I LOVE this car and will never own a different car."

A dream come true

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"After checking out GMC and Ford the superior quality of this vehicle is immediately evident. It is quiet inside, soft ride and superior comfort for all 8 passangers. Adults can comfortably sit in the third row."

2nd Sequioa

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"This is my second sequoia. Traded an '03. Only issue is size/ position of side view mirrors that block visibility"

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

I think I have a lemon :(

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "size, comfort, ease of handling"

Cons: "braking noise"

"We bought this car new in 2010. And it has been an awesome car for our family. It hauls the kids around, all their friends, their gear, etc. with ease. However, I have had nothing but problems with the brakes on this car since I got it. Not with them not working, they work just fine. With them squealing. Loudly. All the time. Yesterday, the kids at school pick up put their hands over their ears. We have machined the rotars, replaced the pads, replaced the rotars (at only 60K). The dealer has been very nice about it but they can't seem to fix it. I will probably be getting rid of the car because it drives me crazy :("

BEST SUV!! Don't go minivan! GO SEQUOIA!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"This is by far the best SUV on the market, as a nanny to four children under 3, I spent hours sitting and driving all large SUV's I could find. THIS SUV ROCKS! Air vents for all three rows leaves my babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The second row slides so far up it gets out of your way to load kids into the 3rd row. The cargo space behind the 3rd row holds my duo stroller and leaves plenty of room. The running boards make it so easy for them to climb in! The storage in the armrest between the driver and the passenger is so huge! It currently holds, my umbrella, the Garmin, a portable potty, three sets of dance shoes, mittens and gloves for four kiddos, my body spray and much more! I am never struck without the things I need and I don't have to have them scattered around the car because they are stowed away! I LOVE this SUV!!! It's much easier to transport four children in this than a minivan. trust me!!! once you buy this truck you'll never go back!!!"

Great Truck!

By on Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Prior to purchasing this truck, test drove all the full size SUV's. Escalade, Tahoe, QX56, Armada, Yukon, Expedition. Overall, the Toyota tops them all. The Toyota brings an exceptional package of space, comfort and driving experience. Breaking and acceleration are great. Like a sports car. The sound system is better than the Bose one. I am 6.2" and can comfortably sit in the 3rd raw. Toyota really invested where needed."

the ride is great

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"actually this has suprised me. I drove a lexus 350 for the last 6 years and switched to the sequoia for the extra room for my grown family and grandkids. Love having the room and the turning capabilties are great everyone loves the ride and how easy it is to get in and out of.. My six foot sons can both ride in the third row seating."

The Sequoia is awesome, I do love this car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Extremely easy to drive, comfortable & reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The sequoia is awesome, I love the car. A month after I bought the car I had to have knee surgery that was followed by several complications and was just advised by my physician that is it now harmful for me to get in and out of the car. I am not happy and would like very much to find a good home for my car."

Great urban assault attach machine

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas Mileage less than acceptable..."

"I like the vehicle. The ride is comfortable and it feels solid except when you shut the doors. They sound a little like tin cans(I own Mercedes too). The only real complaint is the gas mileage...About 11 to 13 max around town if you drive with a very light toe... I had gotten 20 MPG once on the highway, Overall this is a kickass vehicle with a lot of style and comfort. I feel happy with the fact that I bought the truck in 2010 for $55k and it is still dealer valued at $45k 5 years later,,, That in itself is amazing even if I would never get this from the dealer... Overall I would buy one again. Life is short and safety is everything on the roads in california..."

Great vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Love how it drives and is comfortable."

Cons: "Little hard to get in and the milage is low"

"Bought this about a year and a half ago with 103000 miles on it. Might have paid a bit much but it was in excellent shape. Only major thing I had to do was change the lower ball joints. Other than that I've changed oil and the tires were replaced. Milage as everyone says is a bit low. I average a little over 14.5. I have gotten about 17.7 on the highway with it. I wanted something to tow an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of bikes and it does a great job. You don't hardly know the trailer is there. Overall it's great."

Best SUV Since I Started Buying SUV'S in 1994

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

Pros: "Drive, Ride, Towing, Reliability"

Cons: "No, New Technology Updates"

"My wife and I started with a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country, then a 1996 Ford Expedition, then a 2005 Ford Excursion, then a 2007 Lincoln Navigator, then a 2012 Lincoln MKT, then a 2012 TOYOTA SEQUIOA PLATINUM which we still own. This is by far the best overall SUV we have ever owned. Drive, Ride, Towing, and so far reliability are better than any of the others. The only negative things I can say about this vehicle is, Toyota did not follow the trends of new technology and I have heard Toyota will stop production of the Sequoia."

solid, dependable, easy to drive

By on Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pros: "Drives much smaller than it really is."

Cons: "Thirsty"

"The Sequoia drives MUCH smaller than it really is. Traded a RAV4 for it and have to say it rides better. Steering is very easy, which was a major concern since wife has severe arthritis in her hands. Easy to get in and out with running boards and ample handholds. Very smooth drivetrain, have to look at the tach to see it shift gears since I can't hear or feel it. Doesn't feel like a truck. Very little body roll in turns. Recently rented a large SUV from a competitor (starts with F). Was NOT impressed by their offering. Toyota beats them in every way in my opinion. Certainly not the cheapest SUV, but far from the most expensive. The best thing of all is you can find it in a parking lot since it is unlikely you'll see another one."

Excellent condition, new brakes and expensive tire

By on Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pros: "Great for money. Oh and color white"

Cons: "None I know of."

"I revised"

Best by comparison

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Line comparable up with the Sequoia and start checking things off for yourself, the results are clear."

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

Best Suv out there

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I want this car

"This car is great. has more than enough power and really short turning diameter. Been looking to buy one and take it to the sahara but a little out of my reach. If you want luxury in a off road package then this is your car."

Excellent Vehicle - Probably Best on the Market

By on Friday, May 1, 2015

Pros: "reliability, confidence - you get what you pay for"

Cons: "very minor gripes."

"I have seen a lot of comments that Sequoia has lousy mileage... Bottom line, if you want a vehicle this capable, in this price range, then mileage should really not be a factor. I get about 16 all around. Reality is, if you are looking for a vehicle that has a huge towing capacity, a vehicle this luxurious, with all these amenities, you will be hard pressed to find an alternate. i compared the Sequoia limited to a Tahoe... Tahoe was smaller, had a larger turning radius, smaller engine, smaller brakes and was noisier. comparably equipped, Tahoe was actually higher price. 5 year residual.. not even close. Tahoe towing capacity is overstated as is its actual real world mileage. Get your tax deduction on this truck."

If you need a large SUV, look no further

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"We test drove everything from Suburban to Tahoes to Lexus and always came back to Sequoia. We had two purchasing criterion. Room for 6 and reliablity. No other car offers the same combination of features. It is not overpriced like Lexus or Landcruiser. I drives like a car ( if truck can drive like one). Engine is very responsive. Lots of nice little features like power outlets, etc. Excellent towing car. Build on a truck frame. The only minor negative is the cheap look of interior plastic components. Toyota could have gotten a bit more creative with material selection. Also, platinum level suspension adds a bit more comfort. Else, $45K you will get a truck that takes care of you for decades."

Best car for family and hauling friends

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, lots of space, very comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be a bit better"

"2010 Limited 5.7 L. We are a family of four plus a large dog so we haul a lot of stuff around (bikes, dog cage, etc.) and there is plenty of space for that. We also regularly go on ski trips with the kids + grandparents or with our friends and six adults (we have the captain chairs in the second row) travel comfortably for 10-12 hours straight. We bought the largest Thule rooftop box for such occasions as the trunk space is small once the third row is in use. I really like the default rear wheel drive with the option to switch to 4WD as opposed to full time 4WD."

A truly great SUV

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable; safe; reliable; versatile"

Cons: "Low gas mileage and range, particularly when towin"

"This has been a great vehicle for us. We find it comfortably holds all 5 of us adults and our baby (car seat in 2nd row middle), placing one adult and our little dog in the 3rd row. I like the automatic features -- liftgate, rear split folding seats. We also towed with it. Great power. Limited tow range as gas tank is a bit small for reduced gas mileage while towing (Normal MPG 15; drops to 12 when towing at 55MPH; 8 when towing at 70MPH)"