2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."

best SUV for the $

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "roomy, easy to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "uncertainty of future production"

"You absolutely will NOT find a better, more comfortable, more reliable full-size utility than the Sequoia."

Fantastic SUV! Still drives like its new!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort, solid, solid SUV"

Cons: "Gas mileage?"

"That's the thing about Toyotas, they are so well made that this truck is just as tight and sturdy as the day I bought it for my wife back in 2008. It has been rock solid in reliability as well. The perfect family Ute and extremely comfortable for the kids. Doesn't get the best mileage but can be overlooked for everything else it delivers. If you are seriously considering an SUV then this is a must drive. Zero disappointments!"

Not bad, but a few chinks in the armor...

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"The Good: Power from the iForce 5.7 V8 is outstanding, especially for a 3-ton SUV. Towing power is great, can handle the big jobs without barely breaking a sweat. Comfort is good all around, turning radius is exceptional for a large SUV, very helpful in tight parking situations. Gas MPG isn't terrible, considering. Cavernous rear area, due to the rear IRS, the 3rd seat can be folded flat instead of having to be removed, a huge plus. The not-so-good: Build quality isn't what one would expect from Toyota, there are many squeaks and rattles, especially from the 2nd seat. Materials from the dash and door panels feel like they're straight from a 30 yr old baseline Corolla, and the doors close with that "tinny" sound - again, just like a 30 yr old Corolla. A fog-light dash indicator and locking fuel door are curiously not available. Gets expensive REALLY quick once options are added."

Poorly Designed for the money

By on Thursday, May 06, 2010

"I have had my Sequoia for 2 years and the only reason I am keeping it is because of the towing. The leather is cheap, the seats rattle and so much dust comes in through the hatch and doors you can taste it. For an SUV, this is not an "off-road" vehicle. I live back 8 miles on a dirt road and by the time I get to pavement, I choke on the dust coming in. Very dissatisfied with the quality of the vehicle except for the towing. I can pull a 2 horse trailer with 2 horses and tack and not feel a thing."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I'm a huge Ford/Chevy fan but after test driving the 2008 Sequoia Limited, it was hands down a clear winner. It's built solid, very powerful (5.7L, V8), and handles like a vehicle half its size. The turning radius on this is ridiculous .... better than my Explorer, and definitely better than my Cadillac. I did get the captain's chairs in the back—highly recommend it over the full bench seat —which makes it easier for passengers to get in and out of. I also recommend the 2.5" flip down rear view camera if you don't get the navigation package (the nav includes the back-up camera which is a MUCH bigger screen but tacks on another $4k as a package.) If you don't carry a CDL license, trust me, you'll need the bumper sensors and cameras because this is a sizable truck and it has quite a few blind spots. The style is a big improvement over the previous models, specifically the front. I've been told that other than the front, the truck looks plain, but I think it's a nice change compared to other SUVs that slap on useless plastic molding and trim. My only knock on Toyota is that they obviously don't understand American consumers; we like the flexibility to purchase individual options vs. the manufacturer's option packages. Their option packages are impractical and don't make a lot of sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out how I got the optional illuminated ash/coin tray. It's been mentioned in a few industry magazines that Toyota recognizes this issue with their relatively new venture into the truck market as compared to seasoned manufacturers like Ford and GM, so they may be changing their program in the near future. Just keep this in mind when you're shopping around. Either way, I'm impressed."

Fantastic Truck!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"The comfort, workload and maneuverability are all top notch. We have driven long trips with kids and no one complained about space or comfort. it is just as easy to drive locally as well we can even parallel park with ease. Highly recommend a sequoia!"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

A great SUV. A must for long trips.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable. Reliable."

Cons: "Would like better mpg but does well for 6000 lb.'s"

"2013 Platinum Sequoia. With the adjustable suspension drives like a Lincoln TownCar. Very quiet. It has excellent power with smooth acceleration. Current gas mileage 18-19 in mixed driving. The interior really focuses on the passengers with comfort for everyone and adequate legroom. A little pricey but still is a good value compared to the Suburban, Escalade and Infiniti Q56. If it is like the other Toyotas and Lexus vehicles we have owned in the past it should be very reliable and will probably still be going strong 10 years from now. It would be great if they made an extended version for more storage with the third seat up."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "interior space, turning radius, Bluetooth quality"

Cons: "interior quality, size of fuel tank, body roll"

"Have owned a 2012 Sequoia for one year now and cannot be happier. The car is very wide and has lots of room, accelerates quickly for a vehicle its size, and looks great driving through town. The backseats are much bigger than competitors (Tahoe/suburban, Armada, Expedition) and the whole family loves going for ride. One drawback is fuel economy (averaging about 14 MPG right now) which wouldnt be a big problem if the car had a bigger tank because when filled up it only has 250 miles. Only other drawback is interior quality, which seems like it should be higher for a loaded $65,000 SUV. Overall, love the car and plan to keep it for many years!"