2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great for Family, but very overpriced

By on Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Sturdy, Family-oriented vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage and weak easily scratched paint"

"I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited with a 4.7L engine which I purchased used with approximately 27K miles. This is a great family car. Its very spacious, reliable, agile, mechanically sound and sturdy vehicle. I have towed a large boat and driven on long road trips. In both scenarios, this car performs flawlessly. The only complaints I have are: 1) The paint seems like it scratches easily (specially the front of the car where every now and again a small rock will strike). My suggestion would be: Avoid driving behind large trucks at all cost... Rock chips are common. 2) The gas mileage, of course. Even with a clean air filter, new sparkplugs, highly inflated tires, this is a guzzler. Even when driven at 55mph, this is a guzzler! On the highway, I get about 17mpg at 60mph, and about 15mpg at 70-80mph. In the city, I get as low as 13-14mpg. This mileage is worse than what some of my SUV driving friends get with their Yukon, Tahoes, etc. 3) The handle for the rear door broke leaving me not able to open the rear door. According to my local Toyota dealer, it is a common breakage. It set me back ~ 396 dollars. 4) The back-up camera has broken twice. It simply sucks. If you have a large family and can live with low mileage and paint that easily scratches, this is a car for you."

Excellent Value and overall SUV

By on Thursday, June 5, 2008

"We are very happy with the value and manueverability of the new Sequoia. The gas mileage every day is around 16mpg higher on the highway trips. The turning radius is very nice for this large of an SUV it can easily make the turns that you would normally have to back up with. The tri-climate control is a must for all SUVs and comes standard. I would suggest going with the SR5 and upgrading the parts that you must have (6-CD in dash...etc) unless there is a "have to have" option on the Limited (7-seats) or Platinum (variable cruise control or suspension). It's up to you but worth it for the base model in my opinion."

WHAT A VEHICLE!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Gas mileage. but it's a V-8 4x4"

"Everything anyone could ask for in an SUV. The bells and whistles, ride and drive, and quality and resale are fantastic!!"

Love this 2008 Toyota Sequoia, Limited. SUV

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, fully loaded"

Cons: "Gas mileage averages about 16 mpg city and frwy"

"I have owned an Acura MDX, loved it, and a Cadillac Escalade ESV, this suv is taller so be carefull in small garages. I had more room in Caddy, but had to remove seat where the Sequoia just folds down. It has more storage places in it than any other vehicle I have ever seen. Great for long trips very roomy. Would like better gas mileage, but love this SUV and we are thinking of buying another."

Great value - top performance

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Road Warrior"

Cons: "Loose steering-low end tires on nice rims"

"This is an exceptional value vs the high end Lexus (same engine) and GM products. I drove Suburbans for years until they became 80% plastic. Because I keep my trucks for a long time and don't buy a new one every three years- I went for reliability. If you want to experience why I turned away from GM, just sit in the back bucket seat of a Denali and then the back bucket of the Sequoia Platinum - absolutely no comparison. The Denali interior is mostly plastic and the back buckets are perfectly sized for a dwarf. I've now had my Sequoia Platinum almost 2 years and only two issues come to mind. First off, while the turning radius is incredible, the wheel is a little sloppy and steering seems engineered for female drivers more so than a work truck on a job site. I like more resistance when I turn the wheel. Second, mileage. (which is in no way a defect as I knew that going in). For the money, ($55,000) There is not a better full-sized SUV on the market!"

Best Toyota vehicle I have owned

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, ride, options,"

Cons: "Gas mileage, price,"

"For the price, this is the best vehicle in its class. It drives as well and, in some cases, even better than the Lexus SUV, Range Rover and Land Cruiser. I use it to tow a camping trailer and it has no problem with it. It does not drive like a "truck" like many other SUV's in this size. Prior to this car, I owned a Cadillac Escalade and this car has less "bling" but but drives just as well and has the same power. (plus, I get less attention from the police because it is more of a family vehicle). I would recommend the limited or platinum edition because the options are excellent. I do have a complaint about the seat warmers. You can hardly tell that they are on. The JBL stereo system is very good..however, I did take the car to a car stereo store to do some upgrades as there is NO car stereo installation that can meet my demands. The engine has plenty of power. Many SUV's are underpowered. But, Toyota provided an 8 Cylinder 400 HP 6 speed engine that can pretty much tow anything and still provide a comfortable ride."

2008 Sequioa Very Safe

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Bigger than the Tahoe, 381 HP V8, buy one certified used from Toyota, get the SR5 with all the options (cheaper than a Limited with few options). 14 MPG all the time, 13 in 4x4 (real figures from my dash after 1 year). If you buy, check the door code for the one with 10Klbs, not all 2008's are true 10Klbs towing capacity, even if there is a towing package. Check the engine code on the door jam and bump it against the 2008 Sequoia owners manual. There are 6 different towing capacities for the 2008 and 2009. For 2010, it's all 10Klbs if you opt for the 5.7Litre V8. Kids love it, huge 3rd row is why we bought it. With seats down, it can hold end to end a military army cot and you can sleep on it. Could be used as an ambulance for that matter. 4x4 is good, locking differential is very nice. SR5 has all the manual goodies that won't break down and are easy to maintain. Limited and Platinum have ride height suspensions that can get into the thousands to replace. You can put a supercharger on it and get over 500 horsepower. Comfortable, lots of head room; you have to put the seat down toward the floor (makes sense right)? Over 6ft 5in fits just fine with moon roof. Toyotas are safe, Congress is trying to slam Toyota to get their money back through GM and Chrysler increased sales as a result of an organized Toyota smear campaign. Buy Toyota, you won't regret it."

Very Nice

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "Nav System"

"The turning radius is quite amazing. Toyota has done an amazing job compensating the weight of the car with the 5.7 litre engine that carries a lot of pep. between city/hwy driving it averages about 18-19 mpg. Toyota has upped quality of the interior this past year on Sequoias because of complaints. This is reflected in the 2011 model i purchased. Nothing cheap on it. The inside, is very comfortable and ergonomically placed. JBL sound system out does the bose system in others.. Caveat is the navigation system. It's weak and outdated. My iPhone4 has a better GPS. The screen disables when the vehicle is moving as a safety feature. This can be very annoying and cumbersome because most, if not all functions of stereo, DVD, nav, phone and voice control systems are run through this screen. Roadtrips are very comfortable and would say that this is the Sequoia's strong point. We have rear bucket seats in the Platinum which makes for a very comfortable ride for rear passengers. Third row seats are very roomy and have electric seat backs. For their high-end model (platinum), I'm disappointed that there arent a few options on it such as: rain sensors and keyless start. These may be offered as an option that I'm unaware of. overall, Im vey happy with the Platinum Sequoia and feel its the best bang for the buck in the full size group."

My Second one

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I love driving my track"

Cons: "Expensive for a platinum"

"I love this truck, i can't stress enough about the inside and out of the truck its amazing. I have the 2011 Toyota sequoia platinum. Its a very strong truck the feature in the truck blew me away there is so much, the truck does so much. I like everything on this truck so its hard to say one thing. The only concern I have is, its not cheap. Make sure you have a good trade in car or truck and its paid off."