2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best Full Size SUV for the Money!

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"I rent and lease a dozen cars a year. This is the only full size SUV for a demanding car nut, business man and father as myself! I spend weeks researching and driving cars each year for company trasportation. Gas Miles avg. is a consistant 17.8 city - 19.4 on the road. My wife wishes the SR5 model came with the remote truck release option and backup camera - which by the way only comes on the more exspensive LIMITED and Platium versions at a tune of more than $5,000!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife, the President of the company has taken ownership of the 2008. And, in the 1st quarter of 2010, I'll going to get another Sequoia for myself. The 40-plus % residual value after 5 years makes this SUV almost as good of a deal with respect to Total Cost of Ownership value as does the 2010 Audit A5."

A dream come true

By on Thursday, May 08, 2008

"After checking out GMC and Ford the superior quality of this vehicle is immediately evident. It is quiet inside, soft ride and superior comfort for all 8 passangers. Adults can comfortably sit in the third row."

Reliable - Better Tow Rating than shown!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"In the KBB review they state the tow rating is lower on the Sequoia than the Ford or Chevy and on the surface that appears true. But Toyota has a tow rating based on the SAE rating standard, where Ford and Chevy have "marketing" tow ratings - not based on any factual data. Prior to Toyota adopting the SAE rating the tow rating was 10,000 lbs - then when the applied a real world test rating it dropped to current 7,100. If Ford and Chevy were rated based on SAE model, they would have similar ratings to the Sequoia. Only real disadvantage of Sequoia is fuel mileage. Otherwise you can't go wrong with the Sequoia."

Excellent Vehicle - Probably Best on the Market

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "reliability, confidence - you get what you pay for"

Cons: "very minor gripes."

"I have seen a lot of comments that Sequoia has lousy mileage... Bottom line, if you want a vehicle this capable, in this price range, then mileage should really not be a factor. I get about 16 all around. Reality is, if you are looking for a vehicle that has a huge towing capacity, a vehicle this luxurious, with all these amenities, you will be hard pressed to find an alternate. i compared the Sequoia limited to a Tahoe... Tahoe was smaller, had a larger turning radius, smaller engine, smaller brakes and was noisier. comparably equipped, Tahoe was actually higher price. 5 year residual.. not even close. Tahoe towing capacity is overstated as is its actual real world mileage. Get your tax deduction on this truck."

4th one I've owned, best SUV on the road Best

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Everthing"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best SUV on the market made by any manufacture."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

Great suv

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Drive, features, power"

Cons: "Front bumper needs sensors"

"Have this truck now for 3 years. Zero problems. Ride is great and NO suv out there offers the same interior space. 3rd row can easily hold 3 adults . Driving is great, lots of power. Loaded with features. Interior very functional but feels a bit cheap Gas mileage is ok for such a beast"

Great Value had hoped for better miles per gallon

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable Nice Ride"

Cons: "bad telephone projection. couple of blind spots"

"I really love the size and how it drives. Feel like if I was ever involved in an accident , I would definitely survive. Has a safe feel. The gas mileage is not very good for town driving. Highway driving gas mileage is good. Has several blind spots and does need sensors in the front. I was needing the telephone blue tooth feature and have been very disappointed in the quality of that feature. I have since also purchased a camry and the quality of that telephone blue tooth works great. It is a 2010 and my sequoia is a 2008, so maybe they have it improved in the new sequoias. Overall nice ride."

Awesome.

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"If you're shopping for an SUV, take the time to test drive them all...make a full day of it. After driving about 20 different vehicles, I found this one. It has the power of a semi truck and rides like a luxury car. The interior is well designed and comfortable...lots of room. The exterior looks great as well. As far as comparing it to the others, this sets the bar and it sets it high. Make the investment in it, you will not be let down. As long as Toyota doesn't make any drastic changes to it....I'll be buying another in the future."

BEST SUV!! Don't go minivan! GO SEQUOIA!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"This is by far the best SUV on the market, as a nanny to four children under 3, I spent hours sitting and driving all large SUV's I could find. THIS SUV ROCKS! Air vents for all three rows leaves my babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The second row slides so far up it gets out of your way to load kids into the 3rd row. The cargo space behind the 3rd row holds my duo stroller and leaves plenty of room. The running boards make it so easy for them to climb in! The storage in the armrest between the driver and the passenger is so huge! It currently holds, my umbrella, the Garmin, a portable potty, three sets of dance shoes, mittens and gloves for four kiddos, my body spray and much more! I am never struck without the things I need and I don't have to have them scattered around the car because they are stowed away! I LOVE this SUV!!! It's much easier to transport four children in this than a minivan. trust me!!! once you buy this truck you'll never go back!!!"

The Sequoia is awesome, I do love this car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Extremely easy to drive, comfortable & reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The sequoia is awesome, I love the car. A month after I bought the car I had to have knee surgery that was followed by several complications and was just advised by my physician that is it now harmful for me to get in and out of the car. I am not happy and would like very much to find a good home for my car."

Great vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Love how it drives and is comfortable."

Cons: "Little hard to get in and the milage is low"

"Bought this about a year and a half ago with 103000 miles on it. Might have paid a bit much but it was in excellent shape. Only major thing I had to do was change the lower ball joints. Other than that I've changed oil and the tires were replaced. Milage as everyone says is a bit low. I average a little over 14.5. I have gotten about 17.7 on the highway with it. I wanted something to tow an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of bikes and it does a great job. You don't hardly know the trailer is there. Overall it's great."

Excellent condition, new brakes and expensive tire

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Great for money. Oh and color white"

Cons: "None I know of."

"I revised"

Best by comparison

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Line comparable up with the Sequoia and start checking things off for yourself, the results are clear."

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

If you need a large SUV, look no further

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"We test drove everything from Suburban to Tahoes to Lexus and always came back to Sequoia. We had two purchasing criterion. Room for 6 and reliablity. No other car offers the same combination of features. It is not overpriced like Lexus or Landcruiser. I drives like a car ( if truck can drive like one). Engine is very responsive. Lots of nice little features like power outlets, etc. Excellent towing car. Build on a truck frame. The only minor negative is the cheap look of interior plastic components. Toyota could have gotten a bit more creative with material selection. Also, platinum level suspension adds a bit more comfort. Else, $45K you will get a truck that takes care of you for decades."

Best car for family and hauling friends

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, lots of space, very comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be a bit better"

"2010 Limited 5.7 L. We are a family of four plus a large dog so we haul a lot of stuff around (bikes, dog cage, etc.) and there is plenty of space for that. We also regularly go on ski trips with the kids + grandparents or with our friends and six adults (we have the captain chairs in the second row) travel comfortably for 10-12 hours straight. We bought the largest Thule rooftop box for such occasions as the trunk space is small once the third row is in use. I really like the default rear wheel drive with the option to switch to 4WD as opposed to full time 4WD."

A truly great SUV

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable; safe; reliable; versatile"

Cons: "Low gas mileage and range, particularly when towin"

"This has been a great vehicle for us. We find it comfortably holds all 5 of us adults and our baby (car seat in 2nd row middle), placing one adult and our little dog in the 3rd row. I like the automatic features -- liftgate, rear split folding seats. We also towed with it. Great power. Limited tow range as gas tank is a bit small for reduced gas mileage while towing (Normal MPG 15; drops to 12 when towing at 55MPH; 8 when towing at 70MPH)"

Excellent, no repairs ever

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Vehicle for busy families"

"I have had 2 Sequoia's and they are excellent vehicles, never any trouble with either one. Appreciate the safety built into this model. Entry, exit is very easy, and back doors are large compared to Us built competing models."

Grand Beast!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "build quality, ride, power"

Cons: "no sunglasses holder (every other Toyota has one)"

"Found a 2008 with only 33,000 miles. I have owned several Suburbans and an Envoy and loved them all but no one - not even GMC - builds a truck like Toyota. Drives beautifully, comfortable to a fault, powerful, just a great truck. I would say that if gas mileage is an issue you should avoid this thing (I average 14.7 mpg) but it IS a three ton truck with 381 horsepower so low mileage should come as no surprise. If you want a solid, beautifully made, easy to drive large vehicle you should look no further."

Spongy Suspension

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Sequoia rated for 10,000 lbs - has plenty of power for towing, but very unstable when towing a 32' trailer. Wheel base may be too short and suspension spongy for trailer that long. Before buying - don't take our word observe other tow vehicles on highway and drive through any camp ground before you make your decision. Primary purpose was to use as a tow vehicle. Asked dealer and toyota to buy back at a loss to us - neither would buy back this product with 575 miles. It is not useful for its intended purpose."

Excellent vehicle, perfect for MN winters.

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Powerful engine, smooth transmission, great ride"

Cons: "Expensive to operate. 14.5mpg avg"

"I love this vehicle! Everything about it is great - except for the mileage. I average about 14.5mpg, about what you would expect from a large SUV with a powerful engine. I can tow anything, load it up with passengers and cruise for miles in comfort. Excellent sound system and very comfortable seating for every person including people in the third row seats."

2nd Sequioa

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"This is my second sequoia. Traded an '03. Only issue is size/ position of side view mirrors that block visibility"