2010 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great SUV

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I've owned an Xterra, Tahoe, Suburban, Pathfinder, and now the new Sequoia. It is, by far, the BEST of the SUVs I've owned in every way. Super comfortable and very roomy. The Platinum version we have has a powerful 5.7L V8. The 2nd row is set up very nicely for the kids with their own center console that provides huge amt of storage for DVDs and all their stuff. Makes roadtrips a total breeze. Built-in sun shields on the windows, adjustable and heated seats in the 2nd row, and power rear door and 3rd row seats are big plusses. The touch screen navigation system is far better than the one on my Pathfinder. Downside was the $600 price tag to add XM radio, but well worth it. It's big, dives a little bit when braking but is super responsive and very nimble especially considering its size."

A dream come true

By on Thursday, May 08, 2008

"After checking out GMC and Ford the superior quality of this vehicle is immediately evident. It is quiet inside, soft ride and superior comfort for all 8 passangers. Adults can comfortably sit in the third row."

Reliable - Better Tow Rating than shown!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"In the KBB review they state the tow rating is lower on the Sequoia than the Ford or Chevy and on the surface that appears true. But Toyota has a tow rating based on the SAE rating standard, where Ford and Chevy have "marketing" tow ratings - not based on any factual data. Prior to Toyota adopting the SAE rating the tow rating was 10,000 lbs - then when the applied a real world test rating it dropped to current 7,100. If Ford and Chevy were rated based on SAE model, they would have similar ratings to the Sequoia. Only real disadvantage of Sequoia is fuel mileage. Otherwise you can't go wrong with the Sequoia."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "great for long trips, lots of room in the back"

Cons: "gas mileage (average for me=14.5mpg), cost"

"it has everything you could want in a luxury vehicle sure the gas mileage isn't great and the cost stinks however it is still a great vehicle and when you sell it the value of the vehicle holds its value compared to other vehicles"

4th one I've owned, best SUV on the road Best

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Everthing"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best SUV on the market made by any manufacture."

2nd Sequioa

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"This is my second sequoia. Traded an '03. Only issue is size/ position of side view mirrors that block visibility"

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

I think I have a lemon :(

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "size, comfort, ease of handling"

Cons: "braking noise"

"We bought this car new in 2010. And it has been an awesome car for our family. It hauls the kids around, all their friends, their gear, etc. with ease. However, I have had nothing but problems with the brakes on this car since I got it. Not with them not working, they work just fine. With them squealing. Loudly. All the time. Yesterday, the kids at school pick up put their hands over their ears. We have machined the rotars, replaced the pads, replaced the rotars (at only 60K). The dealer has been very nice about it but they can't seem to fix it. I will probably be getting rid of the car because it drives me crazy :("

BEST SUV!! Don't go minivan! GO SEQUOIA!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"This is by far the best SUV on the market, as a nanny to four children under 3, I spent hours sitting and driving all large SUV's I could find. THIS SUV ROCKS! Air vents for all three rows leaves my babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The second row slides so far up it gets out of your way to load kids into the 3rd row. The cargo space behind the 3rd row holds my duo stroller and leaves plenty of room. The running boards make it so easy for them to climb in! The storage in the armrest between the driver and the passenger is so huge! It currently holds, my umbrella, the Garmin, a portable potty, three sets of dance shoes, mittens and gloves for four kiddos, my body spray and much more! I am never struck without the things I need and I don't have to have them scattered around the car because they are stowed away! I LOVE this SUV!!! It's much easier to transport four children in this than a minivan. trust me!!! once you buy this truck you'll never go back!!!"

The Sequoia is awesome, I do love this car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Extremely easy to drive, comfortable & reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The sequoia is awesome, I love the car. A month after I bought the car I had to have knee surgery that was followed by several complications and was just advised by my physician that is it now harmful for me to get in and out of the car. I am not happy and would like very much to find a good home for my car."

Great vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Love how it drives and is comfortable."

Cons: "Little hard to get in and the milage is low"

"Bought this about a year and a half ago with 103000 miles on it. Might have paid a bit much but it was in excellent shape. Only major thing I had to do was change the lower ball joints. Other than that I've changed oil and the tires were replaced. Milage as everyone says is a bit low. I average a little over 14.5. I have gotten about 17.7 on the highway with it. I wanted something to tow an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of bikes and it does a great job. You don't hardly know the trailer is there. Overall it's great."

Great urban assault attach machine

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas Mileage less than acceptable..."

"I like the vehicle. The ride is comfortable and it feels solid except when you shut the doors. They sound a little like tin cans(I own Mercedes too). The only real complaint is the gas mileage...About 11 to 13 max around town if you drive with a very light toe... I had gotten 20 MPG once on the highway, Overall this is a kickass vehicle with a lot of style and comfort. I feel happy with the fact that I bought the truck in 2010 for $55k and it is still dealer valued at $45k 5 years later,,, That in itself is amazing even if I would never get this from the dealer... Overall I would buy one again. Life is short and safety is everything on the roads in california..."

Excellent condition, new brakes and expensive tire

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Great for money. Oh and color white"

Cons: "None I know of."

"I revised"

Best by comparison

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Line comparable up with the Sequoia and start checking things off for yourself, the results are clear."

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

If you need a large SUV, look no further

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"We test drove everything from Suburban to Tahoes to Lexus and always came back to Sequoia. We had two purchasing criterion. Room for 6 and reliablity. No other car offers the same combination of features. It is not overpriced like Lexus or Landcruiser. I drives like a car ( if truck can drive like one). Engine is very responsive. Lots of nice little features like power outlets, etc. Excellent towing car. Build on a truck frame. The only minor negative is the cheap look of interior plastic components. Toyota could have gotten a bit more creative with material selection. Also, platinum level suspension adds a bit more comfort. Else, $45K you will get a truck that takes care of you for decades."

Best car for family and hauling friends

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, lots of space, very comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be a bit better"

"2010 Limited 5.7 L. We are a family of four plus a large dog so we haul a lot of stuff around (bikes, dog cage, etc.) and there is plenty of space for that. We also regularly go on ski trips with the kids + grandparents or with our friends and six adults (we have the captain chairs in the second row) travel comfortably for 10-12 hours straight. We bought the largest Thule rooftop box for such occasions as the trunk space is small once the third row is in use. I really like the default rear wheel drive with the option to switch to 4WD as opposed to full time 4WD."

A truly great SUV

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable; safe; reliable; versatile"

Cons: "Low gas mileage and range, particularly when towin"

"This has been a great vehicle for us. We find it comfortably holds all 5 of us adults and our baby (car seat in 2nd row middle), placing one adult and our little dog in the 3rd row. I like the automatic features -- liftgate, rear split folding seats. We also towed with it. Great power. Limited tow range as gas tank is a bit small for reduced gas mileage while towing (Normal MPG 15; drops to 12 when towing at 55MPH; 8 when towing at 70MPH)"

Excellent, no repairs ever

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Vehicle for busy families"

"I have had 2 Sequoia's and they are excellent vehicles, never any trouble with either one. Appreciate the safety built into this model. Entry, exit is very easy, and back doors are large compared to Us built competing models."

Excellent Vehicle - Probably Best on the Market

By on Friday, May 01, 2015

Pros: "reliability, confidence - you get what you pay for"

Cons: "very minor gripes."

"I have seen a lot of comments that Sequoia has lousy mileage... Bottom line, if you want a vehicle this capable, in this price range, then mileage should really not be a factor. I get about 16 all around. Reality is, if you are looking for a vehicle that has a huge towing capacity, a vehicle this luxurious, with all these amenities, you will be hard pressed to find an alternate. i compared the Sequoia limited to a Tahoe... Tahoe was smaller, had a larger turning radius, smaller engine, smaller brakes and was noisier. comparably equipped, Tahoe was actually higher price. 5 year residual.. not even close. Tahoe towing capacity is overstated as is its actual real world mileage. Get your tax deduction on this truck."

Grand Beast!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "build quality, ride, power"

Cons: "no sunglasses holder (every other Toyota has one)"

"Found a 2008 with only 33,000 miles. I have owned several Suburbans and an Envoy and loved them all but no one - not even GMC - builds a truck like Toyota. Drives beautifully, comfortable to a fault, powerful, just a great truck. I would say that if gas mileage is an issue you should avoid this thing (I average 14.7 mpg) but it IS a three ton truck with 381 horsepower so low mileage should come as no surprise. If you want a solid, beautifully made, easy to drive large vehicle you should look no further."

Spongy Suspension

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Sequoia rated for 10,000 lbs - has plenty of power for towing, but very unstable when towing a 32' trailer. Wheel base may be too short and suspension spongy for trailer that long. Before buying - don't take our word observe other tow vehicles on highway and drive through any camp ground before you make your decision. Primary purpose was to use as a tow vehicle. Asked dealer and toyota to buy back at a loss to us - neither would buy back this product with 575 miles. It is not useful for its intended purpose."

this suv is awesome,

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Corners very well, turbo engine very fast"

Cons: "gas"

"This is my second sequoia, I owned a range rover before this is better. Its a lot on gas but which car this size isn't? Its very spacious inside, all the seats are powered. All my family fits comfortably, heated seats bluetooth, the whole nine yards!!"