2010 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."

A great SUV. A must for long trips.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable. Reliable."

Cons: "Would like better mpg but does well for 6000 lb.'s"

"2013 Platinum Sequoia. With the adjustable suspension drives like a Lincoln TownCar. Very quiet. It has excellent power with smooth acceleration. Current gas mileage 18-19 in mixed driving. The interior really focuses on the passengers with comfort for everyone and adequate legroom. A little pricey but still is a good value compared to the Suburban, Escalade and Infiniti Q56. If it is like the other Toyotas and Lexus vehicles we have owned in the past it should be very reliable and will probably still be going strong 10 years from now. It would be great if they made an extended version for more storage with the third seat up."

Toyota customer service is terrible

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good size, roomy"

Cons: "Terrible customer service"

"Just want to let everyone know to beware. I own a 2008 sequoia, and have issues with the cd changer skipping while driving. Since the dealer is not able to recreate the problem within the short window that they test it (in the dealership), they can't submit a warranty request to fix the problem. I emailed Toyota and their answer was that I don't have any options, and they will not do anything to help. I also own a Nissan, and when I had a similar issue with a problem the dealership couldn't find, they called the dealership and assured me that they would keep on the problem until it was resolved. There is obviously a big problem with Toyota customer retention, and consumers should beware before buying from a company that has such an obvious disregard for customer loyalty. This was the 4th Toyota that I have purchased, and I will not be buying again."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

I LOVE my Sequoia. Will never own another vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Comofort, room, window shades, many options"

Cons: "cargo room and price"

"This car has more options than I ever imagined. Window screens are awesome for those riding in the back seats. Overall room in this vehicle is awesome. Could use a little more cargo space. More storage compartments then I could ever use. Drives amazing. Very comfortable ride no matter what seat you chose to sit in. The quality of the vehilce is great as well as the design. I LOVE this car and will never own a different car."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "interior space, turning radius, Bluetooth quality"

Cons: "interior quality, size of fuel tank, body roll"

"Have owned a 2012 Sequoia for one year now and cannot be happier. The car is very wide and has lots of room, accelerates quickly for a vehicle its size, and looks great driving through town. The backseats are much bigger than competitors (Tahoe/suburban, Armada, Expedition) and the whole family loves going for ride. One drawback is fuel economy (averaging about 14 MPG right now) which wouldnt be a big problem if the car had a bigger tank because when filled up it only has 250 miles. Only other drawback is interior quality, which seems like it should be higher for a loaded $65,000 SUV. Overall, love the car and plan to keep it for many years!"

Best Suv out there

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I want this car

"This car is great. has more than enough power and really short turning diameter. Been looking to buy one and take it to the sahara but a little out of my reach. If you want luxury in a off road package then this is your car."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

Beautiful car. Poor gas mileage.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Great interior and ride"

Cons: "Mpg poor"

"Less than 12 mpg both city and highway."

I think I have a lemon :(

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "size, comfort, ease of handling"

Cons: "braking noise"

"We bought this car new in 2010. And it has been an awesome car for our family. It hauls the kids around, all their friends, their gear, etc. with ease. However, I have had nothing but problems with the brakes on this car since I got it. Not with them not working, they work just fine. With them squealing. Loudly. All the time. Yesterday, the kids at school pick up put their hands over their ears. We have machined the rotars, replaced the pads, replaced the rotars (at only 60K). The dealer has been very nice about it but they can't seem to fix it. I will probably be getting rid of the car because it drives me crazy :("

WHAT A VEHICLE!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Gas mileage. but it's a V-8 4x4"

"Everything anyone could ask for in an SUV. The bells and whistles, ride and drive, and quality and resale are fantastic!!"

Great value - top performance

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Road Warrior"

Cons: "Loose steering-low end tires on nice rims"

"This is an exceptional value vs the high end Lexus (same engine) and GM products. I drove Suburbans for years until they became 80% plastic. Because I keep my trucks for a long time and don't buy a new one every three years- I went for reliability. If you want to experience why I turned away from GM, just sit in the back bucket seat of a Denali and then the back bucket of the Sequoia Platinum - absolutely no comparison. The Denali interior is mostly plastic and the back buckets are perfectly sized for a dwarf. I've now had my Sequoia Platinum almost 2 years and only two issues come to mind. First off, while the turning radius is incredible, the wheel is a little sloppy and steering seems engineered for female drivers more so than a work truck on a job site. I like more resistance when I turn the wheel. Second, mileage. (which is in no way a defect as I knew that going in). For the money, ($55,000) There is not a better full-sized SUV on the market!"

2011 Platinum -Worst 4WD and High Risk of Rollover

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Most comfortable seats, Accelleration"

Cons: "Old 4WD , Rollover risk, cooled seats useless"

"We have had 3 Tahoes, 4 Suburbans, 1 Trailblazer and 1 ForeRunner and 1 Denali XL... all of them made me feel safe driving in rain, snow or sleet. The Sequoia scares me given its high center of gravity, ultra short steering radius with no resistance, High Torque and a 4WD system that makes you switch it on/off at low speeds, so when you are on the highway in variable conditions you better have it on or it will be too late to help you maintain control. In my first snow storm I was feeling the truck sway and cars where spinning out ahead and could not engage the 4WD!!! So you need to leave it on and watch the fuel gauge move fast at 11.5 mpg. It also has several overpriced and useless options/ features like the Radar Controlled Cruise which is frequently unavailable when the truck is dirty or wet and the manual leveling system, it's a lot quicker and easier to adust a trailer height than this truck's height! I was sold on the interior and seat comfort which is nicer than the GM and Ford Big SUVs but is hard to be comfortable when it doesn't provide a modern 4WD and safe handling. I care about my friends too much recommend this joke of a 4WD SUV to them. I am going to trade it in for a new LTZ Suburban and feel safe again!"

It is the best SUV, if you need the third row

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Price and need an extended version"

"I looked at all the full size SUVs and it came down to the Ford Expedition and the Sequoia. I went with the Sequoia because of the following: 1. The second row seats slides for access to the third row. This makes it easy for my kids to get in and out. 2. Easier to drive and short turn radius. 3. I needed the power for towing our trail trailer. Mine also has the supercharger as well."

best SUV for the $

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "roomy, easy to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "uncertainty of future production"

"You absolutely will NOT find a better, more comfortable, more reliable full-size utility than the Sequoia."

Fantastic SUV! Still drives like its new!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort, solid, solid SUV"

Cons: "Gas mileage?"

"That's the thing about Toyotas, they are so well made that this truck is just as tight and sturdy as the day I bought it for my wife back in 2008. It has been rock solid in reliability as well. The perfect family Ute and extremely comfortable for the kids. Doesn't get the best mileage but can be overlooked for everything else it delivers. If you are seriously considering an SUV then this is a must drive. Zero disappointments!"

Does what I need it to do

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Power, versatility, comfort, safety, capacity"

Cons: "Low range"

"Have had a 2012 Platinum edition for about 10 months. Have made four 13 hour straight shot 900 miles each way run to North Carolina and paid less for gas, arrived more rested, and carried a bunch more stuff than I could in my BMW X5. The gas mileage is lower, but it burns regular which saves on the actual cost. The range is lower that the X5 (320 miles per tank v. 450 in the BMW), but the dogs like the extra break. I drag a 5,000 lb pontoon around NC. My X5 would burn a little clutch (yes, clutch) getting it up a ramp. With the Sequoia, I can't tell anything is back there. And all the mirrors make it a breeze to back a 9 ft wide pontoon into an 11 ft wide carport. The truck does fine in Chicago traffic, and I have no problems with on-street parking - all the sonar and the rear view camera do help with that - or issues with garage heights. The adaptive cruise control takes a little getting used to, but is really nice on open roads. One issue, the cruise control in adaptive mode doesn't like rain, but you can turn the radar off and use regular cruise control mode. I usually use the "sport" ride set-up, and it's still comfortable and almost as quick as the BMW. It doesn't blow as much as the BMW in crosswinds, and is really stable on ice. I like that I decide when she's in 2, 4, or 4 Low wheel drive, v. some computer. In soft mode it rides like a luxury sedan. I have had no service issues, and haven't paid a cent for maintenance service through 3 oil changes. It reminds me of the 1999 4 Runner I had years ago - on steroids and with a few more bells and whistles."

Some much Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

"I'll start with what I dislike... The interior has too much plastic, the front pillars and seating position make visibility poor, some controls could be better placed and it's really hard for shorter people to get in out of. What I love: It's an incredibly powerful vehicle for towing our small boat, It pulls it like a little toy, Interior is very comfortable, spacious and has so much storage, brakes are very good, turning radius is good, gas mileage isn't too bad for such a large and power vehicle, dependability is excellent. My small complaints are just that. I really don't think my family's owned a better vehicle."

what a gas-guzzling pig of a car!

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "big and roomy"

Cons: "laughable gas mileage, too huge to drive in city"

"I absolutely HATE this car --a 2010 sequoia with all the bells and whistles. First, it is ENORMOUS -- fell for the size because i often take the high school golf team with clubs to tournaments. Didn't realize it gets VIRTUALLY NO GAS mileage -- 13 in city and 15 on highway == is what our car's own info claims!! One time of high travel, I actually filled it up EVERY DAY for $90 each time!! It is so enormous that I have hit everything there is to hit -- my garage door, my basketball goal, every curb in town -- granted, I did the damage, but each and every time necessited huge repairs, new tires, door swung into parking lot wall in heavy wind needing new paint and dent repair, the list goes on. It drives like a truck and makes my kids nauseaus when we go over a speed bumps -- they call it "the bucking bronco." I CAN'T wait to unload it -- I figure with what I've paid in repairs, I can afford a top-line new car."

Rolling beast

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Feels as big as it is. Just needs cannon turret"

Cons: "Nav screen. Cargo room."

"My wife and I both love driving this SUV. We bought the Platinum edition, 2010 model year. More features & driver control than the Expy Limited we traded in. The center console on the 2nd row is OFF THE HOOK! Love having 3 options to adjust the ride: smooth, normal, sport. GREAT idea to put buttons behind and to the side of the 2nd row seats to lower or raise the 3rd row. You can, as with the Expy, also do that from the back with the tailgate raised. You CANNOT do that in a Chevy or Caddy. Their 3rd row is still manual! STUPID! They haven't changed that since they introduced the 3rd row! We would have bought an Escalade if it weren't for the idiotic 3rd row. But I digress. Back to point: it has so far been everything we expected from Toyota. Reliable, higher quality fit & trim, quieter ride than Expy. The only glaring downsides are 1) DEFINITELY does not have the cargo room of an Expy. 2) Many functions on the nav screen you can't do while the car is moving. It's a safety feature, but did the Japanese forget that PASSENGERS ride in PASSENGER vehicles? 3) Listening to a call coming from the vehicle's bluetooth ain't great. Time will tell on true reliablity, and how I ultimately determine its value. It only has +/- 42,000 miles on it, so I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong mechanically yet. And it hasn't. Not like the GMC I bought whose transmission gave out at 38,000 miles. I will tell you this: the salesman used an electronic tool to test the paint thickness on the Expy we traded in. Any significant variations among the different areas of the car would tell him the car had been repainted, indicating certainly body repair, and possibly an unknown/unreported wreck. I had him test the Sequoia and the paint thickness was twice as much as the Expy. More durable? Harder to damage/scratch?"

I love this Vehicle.....

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "great to drive, very easy to handle..."

Cons: "we chose black which shows scratches easliy"

"I love this vehicle! I was afraid it would be too big for me, but it handles like a dream and it turns on a dime for its size. If you are afraid it will drive like a truck.... it doesnt! Its big enough for our family of 6 and all of our luggage when we travel. The only down fall for us would be that my extended family is always wanting to take it on trips. I would HIGHLY recommend the Sequoia."

Love this 2008 Toyota Sequoia, Limited. SUV

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, fully loaded"

Cons: "Gas mileage averages about 16 mpg city and frwy"

"I have owned an Acura MDX, loved it, and a Cadillac Escalade ESV, this suv is taller so be carefull in small garages. I had more room in Caddy, but had to remove seat where the Sequoia just folds down. It has more storage places in it than any other vehicle I have ever seen. Great for long trips very roomy. Would like better gas mileage, but love this SUV and we are thinking of buying another."