2009 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Excellent Value and overall SUV

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"We are very happy with the value and manueverability of the new Sequoia. The gas mileage every day is around 16mpg higher on the highway trips. The turning radius is very nice for this large of an SUV it can easily make the turns that you would normally have to back up with. The tri-climate control is a must for all SUVs and comes standard. I would suggest going with the SR5 and upgrading the parts that you must have (6-CD in dash...etc) unless there is a "have to have" option on the Limited (7-seats) or Platinum (variable cruise control or suspension). It's up to you but worth it for the base model in my opinion."

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I'm a huge Ford/Chevy fan but after test driving the 2008 Sequoia Limited, it was hands down a clear winner. It's built solid, very powerful (5.7L, V8), and handles like a vehicle half its size. The turning radius on this is ridiculous .... better than my Explorer, and definitely better than my Cadillac. I did get the captain's chairs in the back—highly recommend it over the full bench seat —which makes it easier for passengers to get in and out of. I also recommend the 2.5" flip down rear view camera if you don't get the navigation package (the nav includes the back-up camera which is a MUCH bigger screen but tacks on another $4k as a package.) If you don't carry a CDL license, trust me, you'll need the bumper sensors and cameras because this is a sizable truck and it has quite a few blind spots. The style is a big improvement over the previous models, specifically the front. I've been told that other than the front, the truck looks plain, but I think it's a nice change compared to other SUVs that slap on useless plastic molding and trim. My only knock on Toyota is that they obviously don't understand American consumers; we like the flexibility to purchase individual options vs. the manufacturer's option packages. Their option packages are impractical and don't make a lot of sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out how I got the optional illuminated ash/coin tray. It's been mentioned in a few industry magazines that Toyota recognizes this issue with their relatively new venture into the truck market as compared to seasoned manufacturers like Ford and GM, so they may be changing their program in the near future. Just keep this in mind when you're shopping around. Either way, I'm impressed."

I love this Vehicle.....

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "great to drive, very easy to handle..."

Cons: "we chose black which shows scratches easliy"

"I love this vehicle! I was afraid it would be too big for me, but it handles like a dream and it turns on a dime for its size. If you are afraid it will drive like a truck.... it doesnt! Its big enough for our family of 6 and all of our luggage when we travel. The only down fall for us would be that my extended family is always wanting to take it on trips. I would HIGHLY recommend the Sequoia."