2008 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

"I have owned 2 Tahoes and really liked them. They don't even compare to the Sequoia. By far the best SUV I've owned. Pulls my RV twice as good as my '07 Tahoe did. Smooth, comfortable ride. The amenities the Sequoia has campared to the Tahoe is unbelievable. The 3rd row seats on the Tahoe had to be removed and they weigh a ton. Love the Sequoia's fold down 3rd row. Wonder why GM is so far behind Toyota and some of the other makes?"

Pretty

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Love this suv. Its much prettier than the other SUVs. Runs great as well."

outstanding

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"After owning 4-runners I decided to get a larger suv. the sequoia is a smooth performer with comfort at its best. Love the heated leather seats and driveability for the winters of northern NY."

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Best for towing

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have driven for leisure & towing. Very stable . Why buy a Land Cruiser or an Escalade for that matter when the Sequoia is a steal in looks and in price !"

Spongy Suspension

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Sequoia rated for 10,000 lbs - has plenty of power for towing, but very unstable when towing a 32' trailer. Wheel base may be too short and suspension spongy for trailer that long. Before buying - don't take our word observe other tow vehicles on highway and drive through any camp ground before you make your decision. Primary purpose was to use as a tow vehicle. Asked dealer and toyota to buy back at a loss to us - neither would buy back this product with 575 miles. It is not useful for its intended purpose."

Buy this instead of a Land Cruiser

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Im very happy with the Sequioa. I have 3 teenagers and they rave about it. For the price & quality, why buy a Land Cruiser when you can buy this. It looks better too! Or better still why buy the Tahoe/Escalade/Armada/X5/Range Rover /Infiniti when you can have the best. We love our Sequoia !"

The most powerful SUV in the planet

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I pulled 28 footer Trailer RV into Las Vegas, NV and it took me 24 hrs. to drive. I never had a problem, the engine have a lot of power to spare if you need it. 4 months after we bought the SUV, my son and I went to the mud-pit to test the 4 wheel drive, and I was very impressed, we survived the trail, and I've seen pick-up truck got stucked and they have mud tire while my Sequiao have a highway tire. The ride is very smooth, smoother than my Chevrolet Suburban, the leg room in the second row and third row is big. This SUV is worth every penny."

Toyota quality

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I have owned several SUV's, but this is by far the smoothest and very nimble for it's size. I travel a lot with work and appreciate the cargo room and love the passenger room, especially for the driver. I had a 4Runner prior to this one, excellent, but this is much more comfortable. I got the SR5 with the 5.7, excellent smooth power, tight turning radius. Replaced rotors under warranty at 20k miles, brakes work great now. Much better quality than the Nissan Armada LE I bought new in 08. This is much more solid. Toyota quality wins again."

i love this truck

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"my husband wanted me and our two kids to have a reliable vehicle before he left for iraq and he couldn't have picked a better choice. we live in michigan and in our biggest snow storms in the winter, our quoia had no problem powering thru the back roads that hadn't been plowed in days. i backed up into a car and put a HUGE dent in their car and some of the paint on our truck just chipped off the rear bumper-no dent-. there's enough room for our kids car seats to sit comfortably next to each other and still have enough room for someone to sit next to them in the middle row. my husband is 6'5" and can sit in any place in the truck and still have leg room. i love this truck. the gas mileage could be better-we average about 14.1 mpg- but it's totally worth it. we have a 18' boat that the sequoia has no problem pulling. it's very smooth and i can't even tell that there's anything back there. i would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for reliability, quality, and class. this truck can be a an off-roader one day then wash it up and it looks nice next to luxury suvs."

Best SUV I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"We have owned several SUV's, All makes and Models. this is by far the best vechicle we have ever owned...Roomy, comfort and performance...I would never want to own any thing less than the Sequoia.."

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

Excellent

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Never have I owned any vehicle that comes close to the Sequoia. In terms of performance and I think durability, this is tops. Excellent."

Hype

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"No more hype. If you want the best in reliability & performance, you buy this suv.Escalades/Range Rovers/ Audis, they are all brand names that are overrated. This is the real deal."

AWSOME

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"It seems like when they coined the word SUV, they thought about the Sequioa. S is for Sequoia- awesome vehicle. Buy it, its the best there is!"

Doesnt get any better

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"This is without a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned! The 5.7 has incredible power, combine that with the fact that it is ALL ALUMINUM(with steel sleeves) and you have a Race Truck that does 14.7 in the quarter mile! You might think it's expensive until you realize the money that Toyota put into it."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I'm a huge Ford/Chevy fan but after test driving the 2008 Sequoia Limited, it was hands down a clear winner. It's built solid, very powerful (5.7L, V8), and handles like a vehicle half its size. The turning radius on this is ridiculous .... better than my Explorer, and definitely better than my Cadillac. I did get the captain's chairs in the back—highly recommend it over the full bench seat —which makes it easier for passengers to get in and out of. I also recommend the 2.5" flip down rear view camera if you don't get the navigation package (the nav includes the back-up camera which is a MUCH bigger screen but tacks on another $4k as a package.) If you don't carry a CDL license, trust me, you'll need the bumper sensors and cameras because this is a sizable truck and it has quite a few blind spots. The style is a big improvement over the previous models, specifically the front. I've been told that other than the front, the truck looks plain, but I think it's a nice change compared to other SUVs that slap on useless plastic molding and trim. My only knock on Toyota is that they obviously don't understand American consumers; we like the flexibility to purchase individual options vs. the manufacturer's option packages. Their option packages are impractical and don't make a lot of sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out how I got the optional illuminated ash/coin tray. It's been mentioned in a few industry magazines that Toyota recognizes this issue with their relatively new venture into the truck market as compared to seasoned manufacturers like Ford and GM, so they may be changing their program in the near future. Just keep this in mind when you're shopping around. Either way, I'm impressed."

MADE IN AMERICA

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is proudly made in the United States although its a Toyota. Who said Americans dont know how to build quality vehicles ? This is a super quality Suv made by Americans in Indiana. Its better than the rest."

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Noicy driving on the freeway, plenty of room inside, and hoping to keep it for a long time. So far no issues."

NICE HUGE TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought my Sequoia back in March of 08. I always wanted a Sequoia, but after they changed the style on the 08 I knew I had to have it. I have the SR5 w/ the 4.7engine. I know the mpg advertised w/the truck is not the best out there, however, with the gas prices going down it does not seem that much of a difference from v6 car. Plus, this car takes regular gas, so you don't have to put top of the line gasoline. I have the 2nd row w/o the captain chairs and I wish I would of asked for it, but I guess w/ 3 toddlers in the truck it was a good decision. The room on this truck is wonderful. I can fit all my 3 kids w/ car seats in the 2nd row w/o a problem. I drove the truck in a long road trip and this truck performed like a well oiled machine. I love the back window that has the ability to go up and down if I wish just by a press of a button. I wish I had picked the 5.7 engine which gives out 381 HP, but 276 HP that I have now is enough. The steering wheel is real smooth when turning of backing up trying to park, plus this truck never hesitates when accelerating unlike other trucks produced by GMC. OH, I previously owned a Mitsubishi Montero before this truck and even though the Montero didn't give me any problems, this truck is far superior than the Montero and the other trucks Yukon, Armada, and Tahoe, that I test drove. OH OH, and this truck is like a tank going through snow, I was fortunate to drive through a foot or more of snow w/o any signs of getting stuck, I have to say it was very joyful driving through the snow like water while other cars were stuck!"

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"have had for 9 months 5 trips to the garage for major problems have owned numerouse suv s and pick up is slow ride is rough.console is nice turning radius is good.the fold down 3rd seat is nice but that puts the back at an angle and everything slides down and when opening the tail gate falls out .will be trading it in this week and resale is terrible 18000 lost in 9 months and 22000 miles"

Very Good

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Excellent . Best SUV."

SUV of the Year

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Forget all the hype from other SUVs. The Sequoia is the Real Deal! If you need balance, performance & reliabilty- get the Sequoia. You wont regret it"

Fine vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"The only downfall is the rear visibility when backing although it does have a back-up camera and sensors."