2008 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Want to feel great, this is the car for you

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfy, great engine, acceleration."

Cons: "Gas consumption but expected"

"Great car. Acceleration and comfort are unmatched. It is quiet inside and great visibility. Quite roomy that my four kids don't have to fight for seats, they are all very comfy. Other than I had to change the radiator at 100,000, and continue to have some rotten egg smell when I excessfully accelerate(this happened from the time it was new), I have had no problems. However,when you buy this car, forget about gas consumption: averages 15 miles and now starting to hear some rattles inside the car. No concern at this time. It has 120,000 miles and still going strong."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."