2008 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Doesnt get any better

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"This is without a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned! The 5.7 has incredible power, combine that with the fact that it is ALL ALUMINUM(with steel sleeves) and you have a Race Truck that does 14.7 in the quarter mile! You might think it's expensive until you realize the money that Toyota put into it."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I'm a huge Ford/Chevy fan but after test driving the 2008 Sequoia Limited, it was hands down a clear winner. It's built solid, very powerful (5.7L, V8), and handles like a vehicle half its size. The turning radius on this is ridiculous .... better than my Explorer, and definitely better than my Cadillac. I did get the captain's chairs in the back—highly recommend it over the full bench seat —which makes it easier for passengers to get in and out of. I also recommend the 2.5" flip down rear view camera if you don't get the navigation package (the nav includes the back-up camera which is a MUCH bigger screen but tacks on another $4k as a package.) If you don't carry a CDL license, trust me, you'll need the bumper sensors and cameras because this is a sizable truck and it has quite a few blind spots. The style is a big improvement over the previous models, specifically the front. I've been told that other than the front, the truck looks plain, but I think it's a nice change compared to other SUVs that slap on useless plastic molding and trim. My only knock on Toyota is that they obviously don't understand American consumers; we like the flexibility to purchase individual options vs. the manufacturer's option packages. Their option packages are impractical and don't make a lot of sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out how I got the optional illuminated ash/coin tray. It's been mentioned in a few industry magazines that Toyota recognizes this issue with their relatively new venture into the truck market as compared to seasoned manufacturers like Ford and GM, so they may be changing their program in the near future. Just keep this in mind when you're shopping around. Either way, I'm impressed."

MADE IN AMERICA

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is proudly made in the United States although its a Toyota. Who said Americans dont know how to build quality vehicles ? This is a super quality Suv made by Americans in Indiana. Its better than the rest."

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Noicy driving on the freeway, plenty of room inside, and hoping to keep it for a long time. So far no issues."

NICE HUGE TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought my Sequoia back in March of 08. I always wanted a Sequoia, but after they changed the style on the 08 I knew I had to have it. I have the SR5 w/ the 4.7engine. I know the mpg advertised w/the truck is not the best out there, however, with the gas prices going down it does not seem that much of a difference from v6 car. Plus, this car takes regular gas, so you don't have to put top of the line gasoline. I have the 2nd row w/o the captain chairs and I wish I would of asked for it, but I guess w/ 3 toddlers in the truck it was a good decision. The room on this truck is wonderful. I can fit all my 3 kids w/ car seats in the 2nd row w/o a problem. I drove the truck in a long road trip and this truck performed like a well oiled machine. I love the back window that has the ability to go up and down if I wish just by a press of a button. I wish I had picked the 5.7 engine which gives out 381 HP, but 276 HP that I have now is enough. The steering wheel is real smooth when turning of backing up trying to park, plus this truck never hesitates when accelerating unlike other trucks produced by GMC. OH, I previously owned a Mitsubishi Montero before this truck and even though the Montero didn't give me any problems, this truck is far superior than the Montero and the other trucks Yukon, Armada, and Tahoe, that I test drove. OH OH, and this truck is like a tank going through snow, I was fortunate to drive through a foot or more of snow w/o any signs of getting stuck, I have to say it was very joyful driving through the snow like water while other cars were stuck!"