2008 Toyota Sequoia

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best car for family and hauling friends

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, lots of space, very comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be a bit better"

"2010 Limited 5.7 L. We are a family of four plus a large dog so we haul a lot of stuff around (bikes, dog cage, etc.) and there is plenty of space for that. We also regularly go on ski trips with the kids + grandparents or with our friends and six adults (we have the captain chairs in the second row) travel comfortably for 10-12 hours straight. We bought the largest Thule rooftop box for such occasions as the trunk space is small once the third row is in use. I really like the default rear wheel drive with the option to switch to 4WD as opposed to full time 4WD."

4th one I've owned, best SUV on the road Best

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Everthing"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best SUV on the market made by any manufacture."

This car has been a dream come true!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "great family car or travelers car"

Cons: "gas mileage 14 mpg"

Our Big Girl!

"This car has been amazing, we have traveled all over California and comfortably fit 6 full size adults or 4 adults and 3 children. If my children were not grown with cars of their own I would never trade it in, the gas is just too much for one person to drive alone."

Our Big Girl!

I love my Sequoia!!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"I love my Sequoia! It is almost perfect! My only complaint is the gas mileage. It gets about 16 mpg. But it is powerful and has all the extras I wanted!"

Fantastic Truck!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"The comfort, workload and maneuverability are all top notch. We have driven long trips with kids and no one complained about space or comfort. it is just as easy to drive locally as well we can even parallel park with ease. Highly recommend a sequoia!"

Great vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Love how it drives and is comfortable."

Cons: "Little hard to get in and the milage is low"

"Bought this about a year and a half ago with 103000 miles on it. Might have paid a bit much but it was in excellent shape. Only major thing I had to do was change the lower ball joints. Other than that I've changed oil and the tires were replaced. Milage as everyone says is a bit low. I average a little over 14.5. I have gotten about 17.7 on the highway with it. I wanted something to tow an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of bikes and it does a great job. You don't hardly know the trailer is there. Overall it's great."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "great for long trips, lots of room in the back"

Cons: "gas mileage (average for me=14.5mpg), cost"

"it has everything you could want in a luxury vehicle sure the gas mileage isn't great and the cost stinks however it is still a great vehicle and when you sell it the value of the vehicle holds its value compared to other vehicles"

A truly great SUV

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable; safe; reliable; versatile"

Cons: "Low gas mileage and range, particularly when towin"

"This has been a great vehicle for us. We find it comfortably holds all 5 of us adults and our baby (car seat in 2nd row middle), placing one adult and our little dog in the 3rd row. I like the automatic features -- liftgate, rear split folding seats. We also towed with it. Great power. Limited tow range as gas tank is a bit small for reduced gas mileage while towing (Normal MPG 15; drops to 12 when towing at 55MPH; 8 when towing at 70MPH)"

Best by comparison

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Line comparable up with the Sequoia and start checking things off for yourself, the results are clear."

The Sequoia is awesome, I do love this car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Extremely easy to drive, comfortable & reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The sequoia is awesome, I love the car. A month after I bought the car I had to have knee surgery that was followed by several complications and was just advised by my physician that is it now harmful for me to get in and out of the car. I am not happy and would like very much to find a good home for my car."

Grand Beast!!!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "build quality, ride, power"

Cons: "no sunglasses holder (every other Toyota has one)"

"Found a 2008 with only 33,000 miles. I have owned several Suburbans and an Envoy and loved them all but no one - not even GMC - builds a truck like Toyota. Drives beautifully, comfortable to a fault, powerful, just a great truck. I would say that if gas mileage is an issue you should avoid this thing (I average 14.7 mpg) but it IS a three ton truck with 381 horsepower so low mileage should come as no surprise. If you want a solid, beautifully made, easy to drive large vehicle you should look no further."

My Second one

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I love driving my track"

Cons: "Expensive for a platinum"

"I love this truck, i can't stress enough about the inside and out of the truck its amazing. I have the 2011 Toyota sequoia platinum. Its a very strong truck the feature in the truck blew me away there is so much, the truck does so much. I like everything on this truck so its hard to say one thing. The only concern I have is, its not cheap. Make sure you have a good trade in car or truck and its paid off."

2nd Sequioa

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"This is my second sequoia. Traded an '03. Only issue is size/ position of side view mirrors that block visibility"

Most awesome vehicle on the streets

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "everything from horsepower to looks, safe"

Cons: "mpg, 4wd expensive to service, tires=expensive"

"I own a Sequoia and I love it. It's fun to drive everywhere. It's very powerful when pulling out from a stop light if u put your foot on the gas pedal like you would a 6 cylinder its gonna be a little rough because its got 381 hp..it will go! It's very safe. Wouldn't recommend it for a teenage driver or if you are trying to save on gas! Ours gets on average 14 or 15mpg..which isn't alot btw! It's great for traveling long distances...very comfy has heated seats! The electronics in it is pretty cool it tells you the average speed, average mpg, the odometer, temp outside, it has buttons in the back that with the push of a button puts the 3rd row seat down for more space to put cargo. Has roof racks, Sirus XM, has a big console, glove box and a storage compartment above it too. Has running boards, the stereo is the best part because of the bass! when you get the groceries and have the bass on 5 (as high as the bass will go) u can hear go boom boom boom in the back and the groceries sound like moraccas in the back. ON the remote entry it has a button for you to lift the tail gate. Oh and if you dont wear your seat belt this truck will get you in the habit of doing it. when you put the vehicle in drive the seat belt light will start flashing and if you dont have your seat belt on within maybe 15 secs it will start dinging at you or if you are already driving and are having to reach for lets say your cell phone because its ringing and you take off your seat belt you better either ignore the phone or hurry up and get it out and put your belt back on because the dinging noise with start again if you dont.. it has bluetooth, turn signals on your mirrors, power mirrors. automatic headlights (automatically come on just before dark) or when going under a bridge or tunnel like in Atlanta, has an aux input, plenty of storage compartments and all toyotas keep their value you can put as many miles as you want on it and it will still work the same as if you just bought it yesterday! Go ahead and buy it! Sorry for all the info but i love vehicles and just trying to tell yal what all it has on it!"

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

Want to feel great, this is the car for you

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfy, great engine, acceleration."

Cons: "Gas consumption but expected"

"Great car. Acceleration and comfort are unmatched. It is quiet inside and great visibility. Quite roomy that my four kids don't have to fight for seats, they are all very comfy. Other than I had to change the radiator at 100,000, and continue to have some rotten egg smell when I excessfully accelerate(this happened from the time it was new), I have had no problems. However,when you buy this car, forget about gas consumption: averages 15 miles and now starting to hear some rattles inside the car. No concern at this time. It has 120,000 miles and still going strong."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Sequoia about 6 months now, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Great for road trips. With the 3rd row seat, you can fit 6 adults in this vehicle with no problem. The JBL Audio system is awesome.. I have been very impressed, would highly recommend for anyone looking for a full size SUV.."

Size, stability, quality, value and COMFORT!-Plati

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "power, size, comfort, cooled seats, quiet"

Cons: "Have to buy the platinum for the air suspension"

"We outgrew the minivan and were forced to get something bigger. My only complaint is the gas mileage but I do get what the reviews said we would. Comfort of this vehicle is unmatched and we have driven 12+ hours in a single day easily. It drives beautifully and the parking sensors and tilt down mirrors keep the paint on our car and off others. The power of this is amazing. The air suspension creates a great balance between connectedness to the road and comfort. Everyone has plenty of space and room for our stuff. The platinum trim level seemed excessive to us until we drove the Limited back-to-back with the Platinum. The air suspension alone sold us. We haven't looked back since..."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive"

"Great Vehicle, low maintenance."

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."

A great SUV. A must for long trips.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Quiet and comfortable. Reliable."

Cons: "Would like better mpg but does well for 6000 lb.'s"

"2013 Platinum Sequoia. With the adjustable suspension drives like a Lincoln TownCar. Very quiet. It has excellent power with smooth acceleration. Current gas mileage 18-19 in mixed driving. The interior really focuses on the passengers with comfort for everyone and adequate legroom. A little pricey but still is a good value compared to the Suburban, Escalade and Infiniti Q56. If it is like the other Toyotas and Lexus vehicles we have owned in the past it should be very reliable and will probably still be going strong 10 years from now. It would be great if they made an extended version for more storage with the third seat up."

Toyota customer service is terrible

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good size, roomy"

Cons: "Terrible customer service"

"Just want to let everyone know to beware. I own a 2008 sequoia, and have issues with the cd changer skipping while driving. Since the dealer is not able to recreate the problem within the short window that they test it (in the dealership), they can't submit a warranty request to fix the problem. I emailed Toyota and their answer was that I don't have any options, and they will not do anything to help. I also own a Nissan, and when I had a similar issue with a problem the dealership couldn't find, they called the dealership and assured me that they would keep on the problem until it was resolved. There is obviously a big problem with Toyota customer retention, and consumers should beware before buying from a company that has such an obvious disregard for customer loyalty. This was the 4th Toyota that I have purchased, and I will not be buying again."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

I LOVE my Sequoia. Will never own another vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Comofort, room, window shades, many options"

Cons: "cargo room and price"

"This car has more options than I ever imagined. Window screens are awesome for those riding in the back seats. Overall room in this vehicle is awesome. Could use a little more cargo space. More storage compartments then I could ever use. Drives amazing. Very comfortable ride no matter what seat you chose to sit in. The quality of the vehilce is great as well as the design. I LOVE this car and will never own a different car."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "interior space, turning radius, Bluetooth quality"

Cons: "interior quality, size of fuel tank, body roll"

"Have owned a 2012 Sequoia for one year now and cannot be happier. The car is very wide and has lots of room, accelerates quickly for a vehicle its size, and looks great driving through town. The backseats are much bigger than competitors (Tahoe/suburban, Armada, Expedition) and the whole family loves going for ride. One drawback is fuel economy (averaging about 14 MPG right now) which wouldnt be a big problem if the car had a bigger tank because when filled up it only has 250 miles. Only other drawback is interior quality, which seems like it should be higher for a loaded $65,000 SUV. Overall, love the car and plan to keep it for many years!"