2007 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Excellent vehicle. Plows through the snow!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "High quality,"

Cons: "Had to replace the electronic brain ($800)"

"Overall a very good vehicle. We've owned this one for 4 yrs and love it. Lots of room with the 3rd row of seats. Toyotas are just excellent quality. We plan on keeping it at least another 4 yrs!"

Big Hunka' Machine

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, good on the fly 4WD,"

Cons: "Gas Milage, up front cost"

"We got our 2001 Sequoia with about 30K miles on it and have driven the wheels off of it several times. The ride is smooth and quiet on the highway and even the back seats are comfortable for full sized adults. When we first got it we could sometimes squeek out 20mpg on the freeway, but has the years have gone by we average around 14mpg. We did have to replace the coil packs at around 175K, but other than that and routine maintenence we've not had any problems with it. We will be downsizing soon for gas milage but havn't decided what we are going to get yet. It won't be another Sequoia simply because we don't have that kind of money this time around."

Great Family Vehicle-Crash Tested

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Safety, Comfort, Reliabilty"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I bought this vehicle for three reasons... 1. Growing family 2. Reliability 3. Safety. It has lived up to all three expectations. I found out a large oak tree jumped in front of the truck during a white-out snow storm two years ago when I got a frantic call from my wife saying truck doesn't look so good but her and the kids were all fine. All were wearing seat belts and suffered only bruises. Tree made it all the way to the dash-board but truck held up. I immediately starting looking for the same vehicle to purchase again. I wouldn't put my family in anything less."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Reliability and comfort."

Cons: "Some electrical issues."

"The only issues I've had in ownership were the back window motor went bad and the left side driver mirror broke. Everything else has been trouble free. Note, if the back window doesn't work, it may not be the motor. If the back window doesn't close all the way, or it gets stuck from misuse, the cars computer will turn off the window motor, rear wiper, rear washer, and rear defroster. Mine got stuck several times. The last time they also replaced the motor."

Great, reliable vehicle!

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Great size, reliable"

Cons: "Wish it had multi disc instead of single."

"Have owned this for many years and still going strong! Have not had any issues with it at all. The 3rd row is easily removed if you need to haul something. I have a hitch on mine and pulling is easy! Roomy enough for all my carpooling! Love this suv!"

Love the comfort and reliability

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "Uses a lot of gas"

"It has been a great SUV. Large and spacious. Uses a lot of gas, but that what you expect with a V8. Had no serious problems."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

"This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. It is extremely reliable. And, at 200K miles, the only think we've had to replace is tires and brakes! My next car will be a Toyota too, that is if this one ever wears out!"

Nice truck

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

"Never a problem"

300k miles goal

By on Friday, October 15, 2010

"Bought it new on 03' i have driven it for 172,500 miles and still has full power & drives like new. Quiet and comfortable ride. Parents own an 05' Navigator with less than 80,000 miles and Does Not drive as well as my Sequoia! They are going to trade in their Super Unleaded Only, gas gusler for a Sequoia. There is really no comparison to Toyota workmanship. My goal is to drive my Sequioa for another 100,000 on same engine. 300,000 is my goal, drive it till engine seizes, then rebuild engine and pass it on to my son."

Solid. Solid. Solid.

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"Bought a 2004 Limited in 12/08. Got a great deal due to gas prices at the time (no one was buying SUVs). A few things to note: GOOD: - At 6' 5", 230 pounds I fit very comfortably. - Good room for family, golf clubs, etc. - Roll down rear window...once you have it, you'll wonder how you lived without it. - Overall fit and finish (inside & out) feels SOLID - Switch to fold in side mirrors very useful in city garages BAD: - Tailgate handle latch broke (I've read of that happening for others)...my dealer fixed. - Some bugs with gauges/needles...seems to be a known problem...dealer fixed. - According to indicator lamp, it seems to take a couple miles after switching to 4WD for system to engage. - Driver side 3rd row seat seams impossible to remove. Reading the negatives above, you might be shocked by how many stars I've given this vehicle. But I write those off as bugs that are easily remedied. I've seen no major issues, and don't anticipate any. And I LOVE driving this truck every day. Be smart. Buy used, and the Sequoia will likely outlast you."

best suv for the value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"owned a 2001 for 6 years. Bought it new in 2001, sold it in december 2007. Some small problems with the fuel injector, and the emergency brake cable went in the end. I did not fix it when that went. I bought a new 2007 Sequioa Limited in December instead. Dealer gave me $13,500 for the trade and came down on the price of the new one to $42000. Walked out of dealer with new 2007 limited for $28,500. As I sade, this is the second sequioa, I did not like the New 2008 sequioa because it looked like a chevy suburban and all the other american large suv's. First 5 years very few if no problems. After 5 years, I suggest getting ride of it because of the high expensives that are not covered by warrenntee. (I know ny spelling sucks, get over it!) We love look of the old sequioa. My wife, 5'4" dives it every dsay. The size is good, most other drivers get out of our way whan we go down the road. Only bad thing is the fuel econony., but if your buying a truck, who cares. UIts not a Neon."

Almost perfect

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I have had 2 Sequoias, a 2003 & 2005. Both of them were great, EXCEPT, both of them had electricial problems, mainly with the rear window, rear wiper, etc.... If they get that fixed, it would be a perfect vehicle. It may cost more than similar other SUV's, but I think it is worth it."

Built to last!!!!

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I bought my 2001 SUV brand new on 07/2000. Could use a little more power which they have corrected on the '08 but an excellent SUV.Cancelled the extended warranty at 60k because I knew I wouldn't need it on this vehicle. I got rewarded with a prorated refund for making an excellent choice for this vehicle. Recommended if you LOVE your family by proving them with a high quality, safe, and reliable vehicle that won't embarrass you on the side of the road. Actually saves gas by fitting up to 9 people instead of taking two or three cars!!!"

very good

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "no complaints"

"Love the vehicle very comfortable for me and my family."

Great vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV. Great performance. Reliable."

Cons: "Gas thirsty!! Low mpg."

"Good performance. Confortable. 300,000 miles and motor still like new. Low miles per galon."

Best vehicle in my garage!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive :)"

Cons: "plastic handles easily break :("

"drives really nicely for a big truck. wonderful smooth ride, lots of power and speed, will take you anywhere accross the miles just follow every recommended maintenance service and you wont go wrong. will hold on to this baby 'til it falls apart!"

This vehicle is a winner!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Space, DVD system, realiability, towing, 4WD"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We bought our 2005 Sequoia used in 2009. It had 51k miles. We've had no mechanical or electrical problems whatsoever. The Sequoia with DVD system is great for long roads trips, especially with kids. When our boys start fighting, we send one of them back to the 3rd row. Seating capacity of 8 is a real plus. We tow a 4200 pound camper with no problems. The 4WD has been a huge bonus for our Minnesota winters. Leather interior is mandatory with kids. Cleanup is SOOO much easier. One of the big benefits is the cargo room with the rear seats removed. We've hauled building materials both inside the SUV and using the roof rack. No need to rent the truck from Home Depot! This vehicle's got it all!"

Love My Sequoia

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Safe, Hauls my whole family!"

Cons: "Gas Mileage - which isn't that bad"

"Regardless of gas mileage, I find it hard to consider new cars when my 2003 is still in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier with the reliability, ride, maintenance and roominess this vehicle offers - Totally recommend"

The Swiss Army Knife of Vehicles

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "A True UTILITY vehicle! Love this vehicle"

Cons: "not fitting into a compact car parking spot"

"Have owned the 2003 4x4 Limited Toyota Sequoia since new. Reliability has be great. I call this the Swiss Army Knife of vehicles because anything short of a drag race, this vehicle can do. Kids, Dogs, Hiking, Camping, Tow a Boat, Moving Furniture, Soccer Practice, off road trails, haul mulch... I think you get the picture."

First Toyota I have owned, and I love it.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "parking in tight lots."

"First Toyota ever owned and I love it. thinking very serously about purchasing another Toyota product very soon. Added a K and N air filter and run full synthetic oil in everything and I get consitant 17mpg in city. Some may say WHAT, but those who know this is pretty good. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looling for a great SUV."

Love it; we plan to buy another; great vehicle.

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Great car to drive"

"This car has served us very well. It is good looking inside and out, roomy, six cup holders great air distribution, good milage, great reliability."

Safe vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"When my wife and I bought our 2006 Sequoia, our main concern was the safety of our family. I was in a terrible accident his week in our Seqouia, unfortunately I totalled the vehicle. But I am proud to say that I was able to walk away from the accident with out a scratch on my body. Not a single laceration or bruise. The accident casued my SUV to flip on its side and skid about 70 feet. The police, the firefighters and the paramedics were extremly surprised I was even walking. We love our Seqouia, I will miss it very much. In my case, it saved my life. I am now in the market for another one and I highly recommeded. God bless...."

2001 Sequoia a Faithful Servant

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"We finally said goodbye to our 2001 Sequoia Limited today after 8+ years and 219,000 miles. It has been a true workhorse of a family car, used and abused by a growing family of three boys, various animals and a couple of parents that asked more of it than we should. We purchased it new, one of the first on the market, and drove it all over the country in all kinds of conditions. It never failed to get us where we needed to go, despite the weather or the road conditions. We had some issues with the VSC system when we first bought it, and the dealer had to learn about it with us as we went through a few tries to get the lights to go off on the dashboard. We replaced the transmission somewhere around 150,000 miles and have gone through a few sets of brake pads and tires. Other than the scheduled maintenance, which we were not very good at maintaining, there have been no issues with the mechanics. Various interior trim pieces have disappeared along the way, and a seam on the front passenger seat spilt about a year ago, but nothing major. We loved this car. We replaced it today with a beautifully maintained 2006 Sequoia Limited with 74717 miles on the odometer. There is no doubt in our minds that we will enjoy the new car for another 150,000 miles."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"This SR5 was heaven sent, I bought it new and now has 106K miles. We take it all over eastern U.S. for vacations regularly. Wife had it as a daily car for a little while until we got smart an obtained a 3rd vehicle to keep the miles of this beast. It can do everything!! Hiking, camping, commuting, cross-country travel. I've removed the seats and slept 8 hrs in it. Zero problems up to now, except a minor recall on the transaxle (I think, but no $$$ out of my pocket). Tires and brakes will cost you, but it doesn't wear through them fast. Now that it is decked out with dockable GPS, I can't wait to see where the next 5-10 years take us. Mobile 1 all the way, never driving, sounding better. I make sure I take photos of it with family next to palm trees, snow, etc. just to look back someday. No doubt part of the family, right below the dog in stature."

best full size SUV of its generation

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I have had this vehicle since brand new 2004. It has travelled almost coast to coast and from the southwest to Eastern Canada a couple times. Very comfortable long hauler for family with lots of stuff. Used throughout winters driving into Colorado mountains for skiing and 4 wheel drive has never let me down. Almost 90k miles with only the gas gauge occasionally malfunctioning for a single day but mileage computer was still accurate. I added K&N FIPK a couple years ago and though louder when accelerating, it did add power and 1-1.5 MPG better highway driving."