2007 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 534 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best Value in an SUV bar none.

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Value!!"

Cons: "None for what it is."

"This car has good looks, power and rides excellent and has over 275k on it. There are not many suvs you can buy that can claim that. With the price you can buy one of these for I do not think there is a better value to be found in a used SUV. My maintenance cost have been almost nill except for the usual items such as brake pads and oil changes and maybe an O2 sensor. Great Value!!"

Can't beat the older Sequoia

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

"I have had this vehicle for about 6 years, which I purchased used. It has NEVER given me any trouble what so ever. The ONLY reason we are selling is because I have a teenager about to start driving and I do not need the larger SUV. This vehile has gone on many vacations and road trips without any issues. I can only give my honest opinion in saying you cannot go wrong with the Toyota Sequoia."

The Beast. Powerful, reliable, safe, roomy.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Trustworthy even after 215,000 miles."

Cons: "gas mileage - 15.3"

"I live in Colorado and have driven this SUV more than 200,000 miles.I plan to drive it at least another 100,000. It does not slip in the snow and the 4.7 V8 cruises up the mountains fully loaded without breaking a sweat. The only downside is V8 gas mileage which averages 15.5 mpg mixed city/highway. I replaced the struts at 210,000 miles. I think that's to be expected. Otherwise, only normal maintenance."

Lowest maintenance car I've ever owned

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and dependable and lots of cup holders"

Cons: "Fast and the older kids don't mind borrowing it"

"I have had a fair number of cars, all American made until I paid over $40k for a cadillac that the motor started knocking at 100k miles and a client of mine told me to try a Toyota, they were very reliable and held their value. I've had this Sequoia for 8 years now and have put almost 200k miles on it, I'm a realtor and drive a great deal and I have never had to have the car serviced for anything other than routine maintenance items like brakes and oil changes. I couldn't be happier. My clients brag about the compfort in the back seats and my elderly parents love the handles around the back doors that help them get in. With 3 rows of seating there's plenty of room for the kids and grandkids and the seats are easy to lay down when I go shopping and have big items. I've put a chest of drawers in the back with no problem. My son's took it to the beach and with their sleeping bags were able to lay the seats down and sleep comfortably in back. The gas mileage isn't bad consiering the power of the V8 engine, it's a fast ride and really comfortable. I'll buy another one if this one ever wears out. Sorry American car makers, you have to step up your game to beat the Toyota."

Sequoia! I'll buy another...

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Bought a Limited 4X4 in 2004. This is the first gen version and has been improved on in the new generation, however, I've found that my Sequoia has been very comfortable, roomy, and able to haul my ski boat 400 miles without much sweat. With no boat and just the four of us and our ridiculous volume of "necessities" for a trip from Northern to Southern California we got 17MPG on the original stock tires at 70-75 Miles Per Hour. I was amazed! When I changed tires though my mileage dropped 3-4 miles per gallon. So tires really do make a difference in gas mileage. The overall quality has been good compared to the Ford I owned previously. I've never had any problems with the Sequoia, zero, zip, nada, nix, nyet. However, some of the internal plastic pieces that cover metal have been kicked off or don't fit perfectly, but this is a minor annoyance as the pieces snap back into place. The structure is relatively solid for a body on frame after 53,000 miles no squeaks or rattles...great compared to my previous Ford. There are no leaks The leather has stayed in nice condition, and the ride has stayed very comfotable. On my Ford I had to replace the shocks after 15K miles...geez. So, yeah, I'd buy another, I wish the new Sequoia's wern't so large and actually the Land Cruiser is a better size for us, but they are ridiculously expensive, especially in California where you can't buy one that isn't loaded with a sticker of about $74,000. So, I am getting close to the point where I want to replace mine, but I'm kinda wanting a slightly smaller SUV than the new Sequoia, but I need to tow my boat so...Hmm, I'll have to think about it. Anyway, I can recommend the Sequoia."

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliability , comfort, power, value"

"I will stay with toyota as long as the quality and reliability stay the same. This is a work vehicle for me and still drives like the day I bought it."

The best vehicle ever made!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "It has been an excellent vehicle to drive"

"I purchased this great vehicle on January 2, 2002. Everyone including vehicle technicians are amazed that this vehicle continues to operate in the manner that it does. I ensure regular maintenance is maintained. I had to replace the rear handle/lock in 2005, axle at the end of 2007 and the fuel pump and radiator in 2011. The rear window becomes stuck at times but there is no reason to use it. I have not replaced the timing belt although it was suggested by the dealership quite a few years ago. I plan to keep my vehicle for many more years to come and purchase another when the time is necessary. My Toyota has been Great to me!"

230k miles and runs like new.

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable."

"Cheap to maintain. Lots of space for passengers and cargo. Don't be afraid to by one with high mileage if properly maintained."

Love this car...

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, awesome 4 wheel drive, tons of room in this car."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not great in this day and age...about 16 mpg overall in mixed driving."

"Wonderfully reliable car! Have done almost nothing except for oil changes in 220,000 miles. We will miss this car... Great traveling car for family trips...plenty of room for everyone and their luggage. Hard pressed to think of anything negative. Gas mileage is poor, but that goes with the territory in these cars."

Simply Grand!

By on Friday, May 04, 2007

"I decided I needed more space than my 4Runner offered, so I took the leap and purchased the Sequoia. I have had it for two weeks and don't regret my decision. Gas mileage so far isn't much different than the 4Runner. The Sequoia has substantially more room! Better looking! Quieter!"

I love this SUV so much especially the 2000 style.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"I wish I could find the same model/style with very low mileage. The style should have never change. I love the 2000/2001 look.....so happy with my truck, but I know my time is running out on this truck due to the high mileage. I am hoping for 300,000 miles before I need to purchase a new vehicle. She has been so great to me!!!!"

Awesome truck will always buy a Toyota!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Cons: "I cant think of one!"

"This truck is amazing I love it ! Best money spent Toyota does a awesome job! This truck has been everywhere ans is like traveling in your living room. Keep the oil changed and on a regular basis and it will be really good to you. Mine is in GREAT condition just starting to show a little rust in the interior door wells. Other then that it is a great truck. It runs great smooth and can hual my sons apt not 2x but three times Been to dog shows with my large dogs and road trips. Would not take anything else. With 158,000 miles it still runs like they day a bought it! LOVE IT!"

Great family car

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"Seven years and 200,000 miles into owning this car, we still love it. We just had our first repair bill, other than regular scheduled maintenance. I have measured my actual MPG several times, and it is always around 17 MPG, with my driving fairly evenly divided between city and highway. Hard to beat that. Comfortable room for three kids, instruments, equipment, teammates, etc. Cross country trips and lots of carpooling Easily hauled the 20' boat. 100% reliable. Only complaint is that lots of plastic pieces (trim. compartment handles and covers, outlet covers, clips for holding seatbelts) broke off, even when car was fairly new. Highly recommed this vehicle. With two children now grown, we are reluctantly downsizing. I will miss it."

Dependable

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"The 01 Sequoia is a great vehicle. I have 210K on mine and it's still tight. Toyota engines will run forever!!!"

Awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, June 21, 2007

"I love this vehicle!!! I have been driving suburbans and tahoes for the past 5 years, and this vehicle tops them all. It is so comfortable, has lots of storage compartments, and it is just a very smooth ride. I don't think I will ever want to buy anything else!"

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

I've owned this car for 7 years- no issues

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and build quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and blind spots when getting over"

"I have owned this Sequoia for seven years and I have never had to take it to the dealership for any mechanical issues. Of course, I've taken it of the routine preventive things. It still has all the original parts except the water pump and belts because I changed them every 100,000 miles. I will definitely buy another one soon, but I do not really like the design of the newest one."

I love my Sequoia!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roomy, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot, otherwise perfect!"

"We bought this car new in 2005. It has never let us down. It's been on multiple family vacations every year. A few of them driving 20 hours to our destination and 20 hours back. Its been to the mountains, the beach, etc. It has handled every trip without any complications. It has only been in the shop for basic maintenance and upkeep. The motor went out on the tailgate electric window 3x's, but it was under warranty. We haven't had an issue with that since Toyota had them put a newer model motor in the tailgate. It does have a blind spot in the left passenger rear area, so be careful when you back-up. I know three families with this car and all of us have backed into something...multiple times. They now put a rear sensor on the newer models. You can install one on this model. That's what we have done. We have two kids and four dogs. The dogs and kids have put their fair share of wear on this car, but it cleans easily. It is roomy and comfortable. We love traveling in this car. My family is itching to get a new car, but I can't part with my Sequoia yet. I know it still has some good years left in it. I don't like the bigger size of the new Sequoia's, so I'll probably switch to a 4Runner when the time comes. I will definitely stick with Toyota! It's the only car I've ever owned that has been totally dependable in every way."

Greatest SUV!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "So reliable and well made"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Sequoia that I have owned. They are the best large SUV on the market! I just wish they had not changed the body style or I would buy another one. The only thing that needs to be improved is the gas mileage. It gets terrible gas mileage. On another note, though, it is such a reliable, well made vehicle that it is worth paying extra in gas charges."

Like new after 10 years!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Space, visbility, quiet, smooth, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "Squeeky moonroof, mileage"

"The $37K we paid in Dec '02 was a stretch for us, but it's been such a great vehicle for our family of 5. We tow a Toyota Epic wake boat (6500lbs) to Havasu four or more times per year. 360 mi round trip, Indio grade, long stretches of desert two-lane, heat of summer...and never once had a problem. Engine power could be better, but we just drop to 2nd and wind her up the hill. It's a Toy, she likes to rev. Installed Firestone Ride-Rites for sag. Also installed DVD for the head rests. Mileage is poor around town, but with its manners, driver visibility and comfort, she's still a joy to drive. Toyota made good with the traction control system which had failed once prior to the recall but they refunded our prior copay. Only persistant dissapointment is the Moonroof which is wonderful, but has squeeked nearly the whole time - dealer couldn't fix. Last thing is that inspection of the engine bay reveales ZERO fluid leaks. The engine, tranny, bellhousing, etc. looks new after 127K and almost 10 years. Am gearing up to change the timing belts (late) and it will be a pleasure to work in a pristine engine bay. Just overhauled my 1995 Toyota pickup with 243K which we bought new. Still a great truck, and the engine was like new inside. We're complete believers in Toyota!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"We bought a 2007 SR5 4wd at season's end. Overall, we are very satisfied. Good visibility, comfortable seats, and very reliable. I like the exterior style better than new models--more land cruiser styling, however, the interior is a bit dated--with a casette player. Now with 20k miles, the engine feels like it is only now breaking in. Excellent vehicle in the snow and off road on our farm we never worry about getting stuck."

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Safest SUV on the road !!!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "SAFETY, SPACE, 12 CUP HOLDERS, SAFE SAFE SAFE !!!"

Cons: "gas mileage isn't great but average for an SUV"

"This is the safest, most comfortabke vehicle available.Boasting 12 cup holders....yes a big deal for families traveling-6 within reach of the driver!! The curtain airbags are amazing. We were hit by a drunk driver and rolled...we had children and great grandma in the back and NOBODY was hurt. Not a single piece of glass broke all of the curtain airbags and front airbags formed a sort of bubble around my family. I will never but anything else. If you have children you should be driving this. There is so much space inside very comfortably seats 7 ....even on a drive from OH to FL. It's a luxury SUV you can feel good about driving. BRAVO Toyota-WELL DONE !!!"

Worth the money

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Had a 1997 4Runner and upgraded to the Sequoia after the 3rd child. Holding all 4 kids comfortably traveling anywhere in any condition, especially snow and winter weather. Bought it with 40k miles and currently rolled 91k on the ODO. Do the maintainence and it will last for 250k easy. Performance and everyday driving is top notch. Watch out for trickly things like the brake fluid levels and VSC lights. There's a lot of "smarts" in the truck. Minor things can cause lots of warning lights - so read up on the details / forums. Next step is the Land Cruiser once the kids get older......."

The Best SUV!!

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"This is the best full size SUV on the market. The resale value is very high and the reliability is remarkable. I have owned 2 4-runners in the past and needed to purchase a bigger vehicle to accomadate my growing family. After testing out many other full size SUV's on the market there was no comparason to the Saqouia. I own a 2006 with 24,000 miles and have not had to put a dime into this vehicle in the 2 years that I've owned it. Other than scheduled maintainance. What can I say it's a Toyota."