2006 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 524 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "family car, very reliable, minimal maintenance"

Cons: "plastics dont live well in AZ heat, speakers died"

"I have now owned this vehicle for 12 years and it has been the most reliable car ever. We have of course had to replace things like hoses, and timing, but I would guess we have put no more than 5K into the vehicle in all that time outside of tires and oil. Simply a great family car with all the ability to stay in the city or to hit the road for the family vacation. During this time I also owned a GMC Suburban - fun, but a repair hog - and a Chevy 2500 which has been good as well, but almost 3x the repairs as the Toyota."

I'll live through an accident in this car!

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Cons: "Flakey electrical, bad mileage, expensive parts"

"I love this car! Bought it used in 2006 for half the KBB price, but refurbished. Downfall is the electrical system stinks. Lost the use of my outside mirrors two years ago and now the door-locks are unreliable despite changing fob batteries. This worries me. But the vehicle is an amazing drive, true class, very comfortable, and it has never let me down. Mileage also stinks at 14 MPG on highway. This thing is a tank and I know no matter what happens, if I were in an accident, even a head-on, I would live through it. Same with my grandchildren. It's loaded with air bags everywhere. The stereo system is awesome with 14 speakers throughout the car, even in the back. It came loaded with all the perks--leather heated seats, leather steering wheel, tinted windows, back AC as well as front with a separate control panel in the back, sliding sun roof, tons of glass/cup holders, and it's simply a beautiful vehicle. Turns on a dime despite its size, can flip the third row of back seats up to accommodate our huge chocolate lab...we've even hauled hay in it. This is Toyota's classiest SUV, and I have no regrets beyond the electrical. I've had it for 9 years and put on 100k miles, taken it down dirt roads and it's smooth as butter. Just plain a sweet and classy ride. AC is spectacular, and living in AZ makes that a must. Never had it serviced. Just change the oil every 3,000 and the air filter. Great family car and it always garnishes second looks. Paint is equally tough and durable. Other downfall is the cost for Toyota replacement parts. Hubby has a Tundra and it cost him a whopping $250 for a timing belt and new water pump. Ouch! He also paid $90 for an ozone sensor gone bad. Big ouch! Other than that, his truck has nearly 200k on it, still runs like a champ with only oil changes and replaced air filters. We have yet to find a Ford, Chevy, or GM vehicle that beats that, and trust me, we've had them all over the years."

one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Enjoyed driving my Sequoia."

"Safety was paramount,easy to handle, roomy, lots of cargo room, smooth ride, comfortable. Lots of cup holders and storage spaces. Regular maintenance was all that was required. Good gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. Good looking and dependable. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle."

all services history of car complete

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "$1,500 as is"

"Vehicle needs rear brakes front stabilizer bar, power steering flush, sterol heat sun roof do not work properly. New tires only 10k miles, starts reliably. Overall very good running. Not worth current owner investing money"

Top Rated Truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "none......how can you con anything at 250,000?"

"I laughed at sales person when I bought it new off the floor when she told me it would go 250,000+ with no major repairs !!................now I'm the one laughing !!! because she was right on !! Could not ask for a better quality truck,Have never owned a vehicle this long with this mileage on engine.My 2 daughters each have Corollas that I bought new for them and they are each over 170,000 with no issues also. I'm a real believer in the Toyota products !!!!!"

Best handling vehicle I ever owned.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Great driving experience and comfort."

Cons: "Not for those who like great gas mileage."

"When I bought the Sequoia I really enjoyed driving it as it was the best handling vehicle I ever owned. The comfort and reliability can not be detailed enough. Never have had an issue with it other than the general maintenance which is required of every vehicle. The family loves to get in it for trips because of the roominess inside. No one anywhere is cramped when we travel. I am completely satisfied with my purchase."

Best vehicle ever, 250,000 miles & going

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, lasts a lifetime, cargo passenger"

Cons: "Purchase price"

"In 53 years I have never had a better vehicle. After 250,000 miles I passed this amazing vehicle to my son and bought a Highlander which is a disappointment. The Sequoia is expensive. But, it works flawlessly still. Other than oil changes, tires and breaks, very few things have need repairs. The tailgate latch broke twice, no big deal. The vehicle is huge, comfortable, smooth riding, excellent cargo space. Back 2 rows are removable and have more space that a pickup truck."

Great choice for an SUV

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive for it's size, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "back door latch"

"I have driven this vehicle for the last 83000 of 188000 miles. It has been ultra reliable, perfect for long trips and a big family. It drives smaller than it looks, not hard to park or drive. And it gets an average of 17mpg, higher on the highway. We have been very happy. The only criticism I have is the plastic handle mechanism on the back door breaks - I have replaced with an aftermarket metal part, but it is now hard to open again. I wish Toyota had a permanent fix for this."

very good family car.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"very likely."

Just oil change and regular maintenace.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great for big families, dependable"

Cons: "Not a money saver in gas"

"I Must add though that we had to replace the switch of the trunk door a couple of times. But other than that is a problem free vehicle! I Would buy it again. Totally reliable."

I love my car !!! always wanted one..

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and safe ride"

Cons: "Gas guzzler,hatch leaks"

"The Sequoia was my dream car and now I own it. Unfortunately for me, I am no longer employed and the cost to fill the tank is beyond my limits. Safest vehicle I've ever owned. The only negative thing I can say about it is, the hatch leaks if the front of the vehicle is parked facing down hill. I'm not sure why or even how to correct the problem other then facing the back end down hill."

Love it.....But I have had some maintenance issues

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Love the space,power and ride"

Cons: "Some Maintenance issues and not great gas mileage"

"I bought my Sequoia used with about 175,000 miles. I love the space, power and how the vehicle drives and looks however the gas mileage is not great. It is comfortable and great on trips with kids. I have had to make a number of major repairs to the vehicle including replacing the transmission, water pump and belts, radiator and other items. So if you are going to purchase one with high mileage I would strongly recommend you get it checked over well and or obtain (if possible)an extended warranty"

Never had a better quality car in my life!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Safe, great smooth, guiet drive and top quality."

Cons: "If drive 100 miles a day Mon-Fri it gets expensive"

"So trouble free, quiet, smooth, excellent in snowy and icy conditions. Leather seats wear so well that after 9 yrs not one tear,like new and so comfy. Roomy enough and seats in back go down to carry big items from home improvement stores, but drives like a car. It is an awesome SUV and haven't been in any other big brand SUV's that compare unless you go to Lexus which I have no idea on reliability, comfort etc. And for an SUV it gets better gas mileage than other brands in it's class."

Almost 200k miles. Never been on a tow truck

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"I love my Sequoia. Beside maintenance only repair was lift gate handle, yaw rate sensor and radio antennas"

Great vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV. Great performance. Reliable."

Cons: "Gas thirsty!! Low mpg."

"Good performance. Confortable. 300,000 miles and motor still like new. Low miles per galon."

I've never driven anything better.

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy, spacious, comfortable, reliable,"

Cons: "It's a gas guzzler."

"Other than the mpg, it's an awesome vehicle to own. With regular maintenance runs like new every time. It's ashamed that because of raising ridiculous gas prices, it's very expensive to drive around in it. It's a great family car. I hate to let it go but feel the need to because of the miles per gallon."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Well made and comfortable"

Cons: "Sound system speakers not up to par."

"Bought used in 2014 and have put 2000 miles on it already. Great in all ways with exception of the jbl speakers in front making a rattling noise. Found this to be a common problem and the repair cost is not bad. It has the best front and rear air conditioning that I have ever had on a car yet (helpful since traveling in Fl and SC)."

Love vehiclhe. two of us-need smaller car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "We have enjoyed driving this vehicle."

Cons: "Just too big for two people"

"The kids do not go with us often all at once so we do not need such a large vehicle. Great vehicle for family with children. Lots of room. Rides nice. Just too big for the two of us."

Great vehicle, no mech probs, pretty thirsty

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, zero mechanical problems"

Cons: "Not great mileage but OK for this size"

"I've really enjoyed owning this big SUV. Totally reliable. Lots of power and towing ability. Great on and off the road. Very comfortable interior. Even with 108K miles it's going strong as ever and probably will last another 100K if I were to keep it. Toyota may have had some bad PR, but they know how to build big truck-based SUVs. The Michelin tires that it came with lasted 70K and still had plenty of tread -- in fact, the tire dealer tried to talk me out of replacing them with new Michelins. Only negatives: MPG. I probably average about 16 MPG overall, and it costs $75 to fill up the tank. It also is a bit tough to park in some conditions. But you have to expect that with a vehicle this size. My dilemma is whether to keep it another couple of years or trade it now while I'll get something for the trade-in. The new Sequoias are $60K+, and even the much smaller 6-cylinder Highlander on the Camry platform are around $40K."

A car you'll love to drive

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "low miles"

"Perfect inside and out"

Extremely reliable and smooth ride.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "spacious, three rows"

Cons: "expensive"

"Very spacious and reliable. A smooth ride. The ABS brake system is exceptional. The gas mileage is horrible. I get about 12.7 mpg in the city. No major issues except my sliding sunroof is kind of loud. I love that the back rear window rows down."

Best SUV I have Ever Had

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"I have been the only owner of this 2003 Sequoia and I love it. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned. Never had any major problems out of it. It runs almost like a car,great acceleration,good gas mileage for an SUV. I have owned a Jeep and an Xterra but hands-down the Sequoia has been the best. Love the 2003 body style and still see quite a few on the road. Once I parked at a shopping mall and there were 4 other Sequoias parked side by side. Of course, I had to park beside them. It was like 'cousins' getting together. 'Nuff Said."

The very best SUV

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Perfect suv"

Cons: "City gas milage"

"I bought this SUV new in 2002 and drove it for 283000 miles without any problem what so ever. I just change oil about every 5000 miles and maintain the timing belt every 90000 miles. I am planning to buy 2 more of this SUV, one for my daughter after graduation and another one for us. I love sequoia ."

Best SUV Ever OWNED 02 Sequoia Limited 4WD

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "roomy, comfy, and most of all reliable,powerful V8"

Cons: "NON-NON"

"Its the best SUV I ever owned had it for a little over 6mos. now we bought it used from a private owner he was the very first owner who took very good care of this 2002 Limited 4WD had over 263K miles on the odometer had seen Toyota Services ever since new... looked great, start ups great and runs great couldn't believe the room of this SUV had it was so comfy that my 2 kids loves it, especially when we went from a small little 2009 Honda Fit Sport to this Sequoia it was a big change plus every other weekend trips you don't have to worry about borrowing other peoples mini-van or SUV... now we have this Sequoia & this year is going to be are very first long trip from Cali to Denver Colorado to visit my sister and the grand canyon off-road adventure with my families... Honestly this is the best and for most reliable ever SUV Toyota ever built to every families who owned one.. last but least I also have a cousin of mine had owned one since 2004 new Limited 4WD with over 300K and still hasn't slow a bit still running strong and very clean and love it..."

best in class, I love this truck, plenty of room

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Great off road truck, especially on steep grade rugged dirt and rock, washed out roads."