2005 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 534 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Safe vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"When my wife and I bought our 2006 Sequoia, our main concern was the safety of our family. I was in a terrible accident his week in our Seqouia, unfortunately I totalled the vehicle. But I am proud to say that I was able to walk away from the accident with out a scratch on my body. Not a single laceration or bruise. The accident casued my SUV to flip on its side and skid about 70 feet. The police, the firefighters and the paramedics were extremly surprised I was even walking. We love our Seqouia, I will miss it very much. In my case, it saved my life. I am now in the market for another one and I highly recommeded. God bless...."

2001 Sequoia a Faithful Servant

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"We finally said goodbye to our 2001 Sequoia Limited today after 8+ years and 219,000 miles. It has been a true workhorse of a family car, used and abused by a growing family of three boys, various animals and a couple of parents that asked more of it than we should. We purchased it new, one of the first on the market, and drove it all over the country in all kinds of conditions. It never failed to get us where we needed to go, despite the weather or the road conditions. We had some issues with the VSC system when we first bought it, and the dealer had to learn about it with us as we went through a few tries to get the lights to go off on the dashboard. We replaced the transmission somewhere around 150,000 miles and have gone through a few sets of brake pads and tires. Other than the scheduled maintenance, which we were not very good at maintaining, there have been no issues with the mechanics. Various interior trim pieces have disappeared along the way, and a seam on the front passenger seat spilt about a year ago, but nothing major. We loved this car. We replaced it today with a beautifully maintained 2006 Sequoia Limited with 74717 miles on the odometer. There is no doubt in our minds that we will enjoy the new car for another 150,000 miles."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"This SR5 was heaven sent, I bought it new and now has 106K miles. We take it all over eastern U.S. for vacations regularly. Wife had it as a daily car for a little while until we got smart an obtained a 3rd vehicle to keep the miles of this beast. It can do everything!! Hiking, camping, commuting, cross-country travel. I've removed the seats and slept 8 hrs in it. Zero problems up to now, except a minor recall on the transaxle (I think, but no $$$ out of my pocket). Tires and brakes will cost you, but it doesn't wear through them fast. Now that it is decked out with dockable GPS, I can't wait to see where the next 5-10 years take us. Mobile 1 all the way, never driving, sounding better. I make sure I take photos of it with family next to palm trees, snow, etc. just to look back someday. No doubt part of the family, right below the dog in stature."

best full size SUV of its generation

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I have had this vehicle since brand new 2004. It has travelled almost coast to coast and from the southwest to Eastern Canada a couple times. Very comfortable long hauler for family with lots of stuff. Used throughout winters driving into Colorado mountains for skiing and 4 wheel drive has never let me down. Almost 90k miles with only the gas gauge occasionally malfunctioning for a single day but mileage computer was still accurate. I added K&N FIPK a couple years ago and though louder when accelerating, it did add power and 1-1.5 MPG better highway driving."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this new in 2002. It's been great. Only minor issues since I've owned it and now at 100,000 miles. Only one mnfg defect -- a pinched electrical wire -- which was repaired early. As for build quality the only issues that we've seen are seats that wear out more easily than others we've had and some issues with the tail gate latch."

Good-bye ole friend

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Bought it new in '02 and put 107,000 miles on it and now trading it off for a Tundra. Kids have grown up and I haven't had anyone in the 3rd row for the last year. In the 7 yrs I drove 'er the only major issue was the AC pump shelled out...and cost almost $3K to repair. I'd trust it to run another 100,000 with little to no problems easy if I wasn't craving a pickup so bad. On a sidenote, those people who had an issue with the back window motor...make sure you check the window lock button....I thought mine had quit too but when the window lock button is pushed in, it disables the back window too."

Rock Solid

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"2002 Ltd, now with 87,000. Rock solid and quiet as the day we bought it. Tons of room, quiet, comfortable. Holds 8 adults with no problem. Very little trouble except the ABS computer died at 70K, cost $2100. I think I got stiffed by the dealer on that... Check the actual mileage - computer reads 2-3 mpg better than actual."

Great Multi purpose vehicle

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"2002 bought in Oct.01, now has 107K with only one issue the rear hatch door handle replaced twice and window mechanism itself just replaced due to rust inside the door. Only G,O,&F's done got 40K out of the 1st and 2nd set of Bridgestone tires. Still original rotors and only second set of pads front and rear. 15-17 town mileage and as much as 22 highway the 4.7 runs flawlessly pulls strong and burns no oil and at 6'8" have found it very comfortable. Kids gone now so will probably switch to their new Tundra in the future."

Excellent!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"We have really enjoyed our 2001 Toyota Sequoia. We just sold our 2000 Toyota Sienna which had 137,000 miles on it to purchase the Sequoia. Our Sequoia 4x4 Limited has 69,100 miles on it. It rides great and fits plenty of people. We got a great deal on it. The gas mileage is not too bad since my wife drives to places pretty close to home. We love it."

Nice But...

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"Not as comfortable as my Expedition was. Great gas mileage for a v8 suv and can fit alot of stuff. Would recommend to anyone who wants a suv that gets good gas mileage, and looks good. I have big tires and 22 inch rims so it looks tight. JBL Sound system is nice.. Cloth interior way better than leather.. I go 70k on my 01..."

Best SUV on the market!

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I made the best decision in 2005 when I purchased my 2003 Sequoia! This is a very comfortable vehicle! It has all the add-ons a person can want and it drives like a 'cadillac'. Passengers are very comfortable (even in the 3rd row seat!) and enjoy adapting their own back air conditioning. I would recommend this vehicle to pretty much anyone. My vehicle gets 16.5 mpg on average so its pretty good for an SUV. Knock on wood... I have not had any problems with anything mechanical inside or out. It has a great sound system and I plan to keep it for many years to come!"

It keeps running

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"2001 Sequoia 104K miles and still running. Rear hatch lock was replaced within 3 years. That was the only major issue with my 2001 Sequoia. I travel to Canada, Florida, and Atlanta, and this Sequoia is a solid and reliable SUV to haul the family. Regular maintenance is all you really need. Oil, brakes, tires, alignment, battery, belts, transmission fluid, radiator fluid."

The Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that needs and loves room and a dependable and sharp vehicle. Rides nice and has more room than you could imagine. I owned a tahoe for 3 years and it did nothing but cause problems...go with a yota"

Safe and Comfortable

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I was recently rear ended while at a complete stop during freeway construction. The other car was totaled and we walked away sore but fine. They were able to do a temp repair and I drove it 200 miles home. The jury is still out on whether they will total it or not but it drove home like a dream."

By on Sunday, July 01, 2007

"This is a great SUV. I have been driving an 03 for four years and just traded it in for a 07. I love it SO much!!! Second to none"

Best SUV Ever OWNED 02 Sequoia Limited 4WD

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "roomy, comfy, and most of all reliable,powerful V8"

Cons: "NON-NON"

"Its the best SUV I ever owned had it for a little over 6mos. now we bought it used from a private owner he was the very first owner who took very good care of this 2002 Limited 4WD had over 263K miles on the odometer had seen Toyota Services ever since new... looked great, start ups great and runs great couldn't believe the room of this SUV had it was so comfy that my 2 kids loves it, especially when we went from a small little 2009 Honda Fit Sport to this Sequoia it was a big change plus every other weekend trips you don't have to worry about borrowing other peoples mini-van or SUV... now we have this Sequoia & this year is going to be are very first long trip from Cali to Denver Colorado to visit my sister and the grand canyon off-road adventure with my families... Honestly this is the best and for most reliable ever SUV Toyota ever built to every families who owned one.. last but least I also have a cousin of mine had owned one since 2004 new Limited 4WD with over 300K and still hasn't slow a bit still running strong and very clean and love it..."

Reliable SUV ever drove

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Interior, reliability, comfortable, ride, engine"

Cons: "uses a lot of gas"

"bought my Sequoia SR5 new in 2004 now has over 147K miles with nothing but well maintained oil changes and fluids. Love it because its larger enough on having lots of room the V8 engine is powerful. Its a 10 year old SUV but looks luxurious in style it has interior nice too. Gas mileage isn't bad but use a whole of gas being a larger SUV need something to haul my boat when going fishing otherwise love the Sequoia gets over 25 mpg still has excellent performance and very reliable than ever. I won't trade this SUV anytime soon know can trust it being the best in reliability."

Second owner of SUV and very happy

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable travel for teens and adults - 8 total"

Cons: "MPG in town is low but worth travel!!"

"Great vehicle for an active person or growthing active family. Many vacations/ sport activities long and short haul. Comfortable for 8 adults with plenty of leg room and sleeping when traveling when chairs are lifted. Would buy Toyota again and recommend limited - top of line. Holds value and the quality is not comparable. Our top family pick and teens love."

Love this Car

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "drives awesome. runs great. very reliable"

Cons: "can't use navigation while driving"

"I love my Toyota so much. Gets great traction in the snow. 4WD works flawlessly. No problems with this car. I love the way it drives. Fits my large family perfectly. Leather Holds up great. My favorite feature: Back Window Rolls Down. My Least Favorite Feature: Back Up Alarm is annoying when pulling a trailer"

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"It holds a lot of grandkids and is very reliable."

great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "smooth transmission and safety items"

Cons: "tailgate handle or locking mechanism"

"Our family of 5 and 2 smaller dogs love this vehicle. We always say to friends when describing our Sequoia that NOBODY EVER COMPLAINS while traveling in this vehicle. I love how it pulls our 20 foot hybrid camping trailer with weight distribution hitch. Everything is so smooth. The shifting, the ride, the seats and on and on... I say that this is no fun to drive jokingly because it has advanced safety features that take the fun out of sliding in snow and ice. I am worried because I have to look for another vehicle as ours approaches 141000 miles and would like to stay on top of trailer towing capacity, safety and power here in the mountain elevation. Heard and know firsthand about toyota quality but there are other towing options. Wish I could just get another Sequoia but a pickup may be made more for towing in the mountains. I had one issue with Seqoia in the tailgate lock acting up, rumor is they should recall but who knows... its a hassle to access only through rear window instead of gate until either pay to fix or do it yourself ( tailgate handle breaks and or issue around lock mechanism. great vehicle and safe. shawn"

Awesome family car----

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, kids loved DVD"

Cons: "Expensive to upgrade navigation"

"This car has taken me to so many places and moved me around the Palm Desert area in CA. It was a great family car and a great car for a divorced woman who is on the move. Now that I am settling down its time to let go of the past and start a new future and that means a new car."

reliable, low maint. 15 mpg

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "spacious, reliable, good value"

Cons: "15mpg."

"I'm glad I bought this car great family car like a tank and reliable looks good."

Love this SUV

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "So comfortable"

Cons: "Mpg"

"I've had the for 9+ years"

Very Good

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Vehicle is in Excellence condition only one driver backseat not use often. clean, paint good"