2005 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "smooth transmission and safety items"

Cons: "tailgate handle or locking mechanism"

"Our family of 5 and 2 smaller dogs love this vehicle. We always say to friends when describing our Sequoia that NOBODY EVER COMPLAINS while traveling in this vehicle. I love how it pulls our 20 foot hybrid camping trailer with weight distribution hitch. Everything is so smooth. The shifting, the ride, the seats and on and on... I say that this is no fun to drive jokingly because it has advanced safety features that take the fun out of sliding in snow and ice. I am worried because I have to look for another vehicle as ours approaches 141000 miles and would like to stay on top of trailer towing capacity, safety and power here in the mountain elevation. Heard and know firsthand about toyota quality but there are other towing options. Wish I could just get another Sequoia but a pickup may be made more for towing in the mountains. I had one issue with Seqoia in the tailgate lock acting up, rumor is they should recall but who knows... its a hassle to access only through rear window instead of gate until either pay to fix or do it yourself ( tailgate handle breaks and or issue around lock mechanism. great vehicle and safe. shawn"

Lowest maintenance car I've ever owned

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and dependable and lots of cup holders"

Cons: "Fast and the older kids don't mind borrowing it"

"I have had a fair number of cars, all American made until I paid over $40k for a cadillac that the motor started knocking at 100k miles and a client of mine told me to try a Toyota, they were very reliable and held their value. I've had this Sequoia for 8 years now and have put almost 200k miles on it, I'm a realtor and drive a great deal and I have never had to have the car serviced for anything other than routine maintenance items like brakes and oil changes. I couldn't be happier. My clients brag about the compfort in the back seats and my elderly parents love the handles around the back doors that help them get in. With 3 rows of seating there's plenty of room for the kids and grandkids and the seats are easy to lay down when I go shopping and have big items. I've put a chest of drawers in the back with no problem. My son's took it to the beach and with their sleeping bags were able to lay the seats down and sleep comfortably in back. The gas mileage isn't bad consiering the power of the V8 engine, it's a fast ride and really comfortable. I'll buy another one if this one ever wears out. Sorry American car makers, you have to step up your game to beat the Toyota."

Awesome family car----

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, kids loved DVD"

Cons: "Expensive to upgrade navigation"

"This car has taken me to so many places and moved me around the Palm Desert area in CA. It was a great family car and a great car for a divorced woman who is on the move. Now that I am settling down its time to let go of the past and start a new future and that means a new car."

The Beast. Powerful, reliable, safe, roomy.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Trustworthy even after 215,000 miles."

Cons: "gas mileage - 15.3"

"I live in Colorado and have driven this SUV more than 200,000 miles.I plan to drive it at least another 100,000. It does not slip in the snow and the 4.7 V8 cruises up the mountains fully loaded without breaking a sweat. The only downside is V8 gas mileage which averages 15.5 mpg mixed city/highway. I replaced the struts at 210,000 miles. I think that's to be expected. Otherwise, only normal maintenance."

Awesome truck will always buy a Toyota!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Cons: "I cant think of one!"

"This truck is amazing I love it ! Best money spent Toyota does a awesome job! This truck has been everywhere ans is like traveling in your living room. Keep the oil changed and on a regular basis and it will be really good to you. Mine is in GREAT condition just starting to show a little rust in the interior door wells. Other then that it is a great truck. It runs great smooth and can hual my sons apt not 2x but three times Been to dog shows with my large dogs and road trips. Would not take anything else. With 158,000 miles it still runs like they day a bought it! LOVE IT!"

I had this car for 8 years no problems

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Best comfort"

Cons: "Less gas mileage"

"I love this car"

This vehicle is a winner!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Space, DVD system, realiability, towing, 4WD"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We bought our 2005 Sequoia used in 2009. It had 51k miles. We've had no mechanical or electrical problems whatsoever. The Sequoia with DVD system is great for long roads trips, especially with kids. When our boys start fighting, we send one of them back to the 3rd row. Seating capacity of 8 is a real plus. We tow a 4200 pound camper with no problems. The 4WD has been a huge bonus for our Minnesota winters. Leather interior is mandatory with kids. Cleanup is SOOO much easier. One of the big benefits is the cargo room with the rear seats removed. We've hauled building materials both inside the SUV and using the roof rack. No need to rent the truck from Home Depot! This vehicle's got it all!"

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

I've owned this car for 7 years- no issues

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and build quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and blind spots when getting over"

"I have owned this Sequoia for seven years and I have never had to take it to the dealership for any mechanical issues. Of course, I've taken it of the routine preventive things. It still has all the original parts except the water pump and belts because I changed them every 100,000 miles. I will definitely buy another one soon, but I do not really like the design of the newest one."

I love my Sequoia!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roomy, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot, otherwise perfect!"

"We bought this car new in 2005. It has never let us down. It's been on multiple family vacations every year. A few of them driving 20 hours to our destination and 20 hours back. Its been to the mountains, the beach, etc. It has handled every trip without any complications. It has only been in the shop for basic maintenance and upkeep. The motor went out on the tailgate electric window 3x's, but it was under warranty. We haven't had an issue with that since Toyota had them put a newer model motor in the tailgate. It does have a blind spot in the left passenger rear area, so be careful when you back-up. I know three families with this car and all of us have backed into something...multiple times. They now put a rear sensor on the newer models. You can install one on this model. That's what we have done. We have two kids and four dogs. The dogs and kids have put their fair share of wear on this car, but it cleans easily. It is roomy and comfortable. We love traveling in this car. My family is itching to get a new car, but I can't part with my Sequoia yet. I know it still has some good years left in it. I don't like the bigger size of the new Sequoia's, so I'll probably switch to a 4Runner when the time comes. I will definitely stick with Toyota! It's the only car I've ever owned that has been totally dependable in every way."

Love it!!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

"We bought this suv used back in 2007 with 32,000 miles. We have been very happy with it."

reliable, low maint. 15 mpg

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "spacious, reliable, good value"

Cons: "15mpg."

"I'm glad I bought this car great family car like a tank and reliable looks good."

i see next one that i like

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

"it drive very well i love this truck"

Love this SUV

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "So comfortable"

Cons: "Mpg"

"I've had the for 9+ years"

Can't beat the older Sequoia

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

"I have had this vehicle for about 6 years, which I purchased used. It has NEVER given me any trouble what so ever. The ONLY reason we are selling is because I have a teenager about to start driving and I do not need the larger SUV. This vehile has gone on many vacations and road trips without any issues. I can only give my honest opinion in saying you cannot go wrong with the Toyota Sequoia."

Worth Every drop of gas!!!!!!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

"I bought this truck about 2 months ago. 2002 with 128,000 miles. After 4 300 mile road trips. I know I made the right decision. I have personally seen these trucks with 200+ miles..easy! So I know it will last. I live in Atlanta,GA. Just moved 10 mins south of Atlanta to Clayton county GA. Traffic sucks!! Stop and go, commuting ugh! So I know all about mpg issues. My husband likes the leg room. My son is 4now between constant trips to the store, outings, daily daycare pick-up/drop-offs. There is nothing more important than reliablity + room for grocercies and GOD knows what else. (26 gallon tank 16mpg really not bad.) See at you at the pump,but not at the repair shop!!!"

Best Value in an SUV bar none.

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Value!!"

Cons: "None for what it is."

"This car has good looks, power and rides excellent and has over 275k on it. There are not many suvs you can buy that can claim that. With the price you can buy one of these for I do not think there is a better value to be found in a used SUV. My maintenance cost have been almost nill except for the usual items such as brake pads and oil changes and maybe an O2 sensor. Great Value!!"

Cant go wrong with a Toyota!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"always has been a great vehicle and always will be!"

great vehicle, very reliable

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "paint job"

"Terrible paint job, gell coat has failed in many spots."

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliability , comfort, power, value"

"I will stay with toyota as long as the quality and reliability stay the same. This is a work vehicle for me and still drives like the day I bought it."

average nothing special

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "runs well"

Cons: "Poor quality vinyl on leather seats"

"Sequoia Limited has lots of options but make sure you buy the extended warenty. You'll need it. I needed 6000.00 of options fixed. The leather seats are nice except the sides of the seats are a poor quality of vinyl. I needed them replaced twice because the drivers side seat kept cracking in the same place. the 3rd time they wouldn't replace it. I DEFINITLY would NEVER buy Sequoia again. Its over priced for the quality."

The best vehicle ever made!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "It has been an excellent vehicle to drive"

"I purchased this great vehicle on January 2, 2002. Everyone including vehicle technicians are amazed that this vehicle continues to operate in the manner that it does. I ensure regular maintenance is maintained. I had to replace the rear handle/lock in 2005, axle at the end of 2007 and the fuel pump and radiator in 2011. The rear window becomes stuck at times but there is no reason to use it. I have not replaced the timing belt although it was suggested by the dealership quite a few years ago. I plan to keep my vehicle for many more years to come and purchase another when the time is necessary. My Toyota has been Great to me!"

I Love this car!

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "cup holders in front block the view of the clock"

"This has been a great car. Drives great in 4 wheel drive, roomy for all the kids. Has power. Very dependable"

Love this truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, reliable, easy to drive"

Cons: "a bit low on the gas mileage"

"It is so roomy and rides wonderfully. I have had it 7 years, and it was three years old when I bought it. It has been a dream to maintain, nothing major-just the regular scheduled maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I still needed the room."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, RELIABILITY!"

Cons: "non"

Nice!

"This is my 50th vehicle in 22 years. I have owned for 4 years. Zero issues, yes the rear window failed 2 times, but I can live without that. I have taken this to Canada, Mexico, perfect in all conditions. Comfort is amazing. No fatigue with seating positions for hours of driving. Great towing ability. Yes interior is dated, however still think exterior looks much better than new body style. For a 3 ton vehicle with power, I hope no one expects "good gas mileage" I do mostly city now and get 14.8 mpg. On long hwy drives 19 mpg all day. Pretty good for me."

Nice!