2005 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 534 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best Value in an SUV bar none.

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Great Value!!"

Cons: "None for what it is."

"This car has good looks, power and rides excellent and has over 275k on it. There are not many suvs you can buy that can claim that. With the price you can buy one of these for I do not think there is a better value to be found in a used SUV. My maintenance cost have been almost nill except for the usual items such as brake pads and oil changes and maybe an O2 sensor. Great Value!!"

Can't beat the older Sequoia

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

"I have had this vehicle for about 6 years, which I purchased used. It has NEVER given me any trouble what so ever. The ONLY reason we are selling is because I have a teenager about to start driving and I do not need the larger SUV. This vehile has gone on many vacations and road trips without any issues. I can only give my honest opinion in saying you cannot go wrong with the Toyota Sequoia."

The Beast. Powerful, reliable, safe, roomy.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Trustworthy even after 215,000 miles."

Cons: "gas mileage - 15.3"

"I live in Colorado and have driven this SUV more than 200,000 miles.I plan to drive it at least another 100,000. It does not slip in the snow and the 4.7 V8 cruises up the mountains fully loaded without breaking a sweat. The only downside is V8 gas mileage which averages 15.5 mpg mixed city/highway. I replaced the struts at 210,000 miles. I think that's to be expected. Otherwise, only normal maintenance."

Lowest maintenance car I've ever owned

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and dependable and lots of cup holders"

Cons: "Fast and the older kids don't mind borrowing it"

"I have had a fair number of cars, all American made until I paid over $40k for a cadillac that the motor started knocking at 100k miles and a client of mine told me to try a Toyota, they were very reliable and held their value. I've had this Sequoia for 8 years now and have put almost 200k miles on it, I'm a realtor and drive a great deal and I have never had to have the car serviced for anything other than routine maintenance items like brakes and oil changes. I couldn't be happier. My clients brag about the compfort in the back seats and my elderly parents love the handles around the back doors that help them get in. With 3 rows of seating there's plenty of room for the kids and grandkids and the seats are easy to lay down when I go shopping and have big items. I've put a chest of drawers in the back with no problem. My son's took it to the beach and with their sleeping bags were able to lay the seats down and sleep comfortably in back. The gas mileage isn't bad consiering the power of the V8 engine, it's a fast ride and really comfortable. I'll buy another one if this one ever wears out. Sorry American car makers, you have to step up your game to beat the Toyota."

Sequoia! I'll buy another...

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Bought a Limited 4X4 in 2004. This is the first gen version and has been improved on in the new generation, however, I've found that my Sequoia has been very comfortable, roomy, and able to haul my ski boat 400 miles without much sweat. With no boat and just the four of us and our ridiculous volume of "necessities" for a trip from Northern to Southern California we got 17MPG on the original stock tires at 70-75 Miles Per Hour. I was amazed! When I changed tires though my mileage dropped 3-4 miles per gallon. So tires really do make a difference in gas mileage. The overall quality has been good compared to the Ford I owned previously. I've never had any problems with the Sequoia, zero, zip, nada, nix, nyet. However, some of the internal plastic pieces that cover metal have been kicked off or don't fit perfectly, but this is a minor annoyance as the pieces snap back into place. The structure is relatively solid for a body on frame after 53,000 miles no squeaks or rattles...great compared to my previous Ford. There are no leaks The leather has stayed in nice condition, and the ride has stayed very comfotable. On my Ford I had to replace the shocks after 15K miles...geez. So, yeah, I'd buy another, I wish the new Sequoia's wern't so large and actually the Land Cruiser is a better size for us, but they are ridiculously expensive, especially in California where you can't buy one that isn't loaded with a sticker of about $74,000. So, I am getting close to the point where I want to replace mine, but I'm kinda wanting a slightly smaller SUV than the new Sequoia, but I need to tow my boat so...Hmm, I'll have to think about it. Anyway, I can recommend the Sequoia."