2004 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

love my truck but it DRINKS gas!!!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Love the room and dependability of Toyota"

Cons: "Gas :(("

"I owned an Ml 320 before this and I traded for a sequoia for more space. I love my truck but sadly I am selling it because I travel 60 miles per day and gas is to expensive to get 13-15 miles per gallon!!!!! I will be looking for another Toyota though. They may not be luxury vehicles but they are very well built and dependable! The only problem I have had with mine is a belt in the engine that needed to be changed but it was very inexpensive to fix (another reason why I LOVE toyota's). P.S. the v8 engine is amazing!!"

Best vehicle in my garage!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive :)"

Cons: "plastic handles easily break :("

"drives really nicely for a big truck. wonderful smooth ride, lots of power and speed, will take you anywhere accross the miles just follow every recommended maintenance service and you wont go wrong. will hold on to this baby 'til it falls apart!"

Second owner of SUV and very happy

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable travel for teens and adults - 8 total"

Cons: "MPG in town is low but worth travel!!"

"Great vehicle for an active person or growthing active family. Many vacations/ sport activities long and short haul. Comfortable for 8 adults with plenty of leg room and sleeping when traveling when chairs are lifted. Would buy Toyota again and recommend limited - top of line. Holds value and the quality is not comparable. Our top family pick and teens love."

amazingly smooth and powerful

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "safe, reliable, smooth, spacious, fun"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"while a large truck this vehicle manages to combine a super silky ride with amazing toughness. I have it on excellent Michelins and it is surefooted and fast but also very stable. I especially like the reliability though - this truck has been well maintained and it has never had any issue. A great vehicle."

Just about perfect

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "exceptional value for preowned, tons of room"

Cons: "hard to think of any"

"We bought our 2006 Sequoia SR5 this year with 147,000 miles on it. The dealer we bought it from had the rear axle hub bearings replaced (which is somewhat common on these trucks) before we bought it. We had the steering shaft bushing/boot (one assembly) replaced. It was torn (which is also very common) and letting engine and exhaust noise in... there are a lot of people who have failed to check this $15.00 boot and assume their exhaust manifold is cracked. 99% of the time, this boot is the culprit for engine noise in the cabin. We are very impressed with the quality of the leather, the fact that there are no rattles or squeaks, and the 4WD capability. We love the power outlet! Great for off road, tailgating, or long road trips. MPG is around 19-20 on flat highway at 70 mph. My friend has the exact same truck with over 300k miles on it and his runs just as good as ours. No doubt we will put 150k more miles on this truck. We paid $12k out the door. It retailed for over 40k in 2006. No brainer... buy a loaded 8 year old Sequoia SR5 4WD for $12k and know you can put 150k miles (and probably much more) on it! Buying a new one just doesn't make sense! Anyway, impressive vehicle. High quality materials and craftsmanship, incredibly smooth and quiet V8, easy to work on, rides like a dream. And it's freakin huge! Seats 8 comfortably. I could go on and on..."