2004 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 532 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very good relaible vehicle

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "very conftable relaible and price is good"

Cons: "Overdrive transmission problem at 90K"

"Will keep this car for as long as I can."

Unbreakable

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Reliability ...comfort...looks"

Cons: "I would say gas but it's not horrible for its size"

"I purchased this used a year ago . I put 10k on the SUV .It rides like it is brand new .Starts up right away and never any problems .I looked at Expeditions...did not compare .This is one reliable SUV for its age . It feels like you are in your bedroom when you drive on long trips"

Best of the many cars I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, great ride"

Cons: "None!!!"

"This car is the greatest car I have ever owned and my owning cars goes back to 1966! I have owned over a dozen cars including two Toyota Land Cruisers and this Sequoia is better than any of them. Reliable. Comfortable. Versatile. Attractive. Well equipped and appointed. GREAT off road! I was at a Toyota dealership where my friend worked. In fact, I was there with a friend buying a car. I had no interest in a new car. When I asked my friend (the dealer)if I could test drive the green Sequoia he said, "Gleeman, if you drive it you will buy it." And so it went. I traded my Land Cruiser for it and have owned it for 14 wonderful years. It's an amazing vehicle."

One Reliable Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, really reliable, powerful 4x4 and classy."

Cons: "Gas guzzler and requires large expensive tires."

"This car is an absolute solid machine. It has towed, been taken off road, taken on road trips, and used in every day errands. All of the regular maintenance has been done, but not any outside repairs needed. The engine, transmission, and all other systems are incredible. The 2005 Toyota Sequoia will probably outlast the sedans that we bought brand new in 2007 and 2009. Wonderfully reliable, easy to drive, and has the power and acceleration that excelled our expectations in a large SUV."

very good

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "no complaints"

"Love the vehicle very comfortable for me and my family."

Great car

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"This Sequoia has been a pleasure to own. I have Multiple Sclerosis so mobility is an issue for me. I needed running boards but it gives me ease of getting in and out of the car. All options with the exception of 4 wheel drive."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"we are downsizing and smaller family and want to sell this car"

grreat vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "lots of room, nice interior, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage poor"

"bought new in 2002 and never regretted my decision. Plenty of room for a large family. Great ride. It has never broken down on me ever. 4 wheel drive works fine and has gotten me out of a few muddy situations."

Far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "family car, very reliable, minimal maintenance"

Cons: "plastics dont live well in AZ heat, speakers died"

"I have now owned this vehicle for 12 years and it has been the most reliable car ever. We have of course had to replace things like hoses, and timing, but I would guess we have put no more than 5K into the vehicle in all that time outside of tires and oil. Simply a great family car with all the ability to stay in the city or to hit the road for the family vacation. During this time I also owned a GMC Suburban - fun, but a repair hog - and a Chevy 2500 which has been good as well, but almost 3x the repairs as the Toyota."

I'll live through an accident in this car!

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Cons: "Flakey electrical, bad mileage, expensive parts"

"I love this car! Bought it used in 2006 for half the KBB price, but refurbished. Downfall is the electrical system stinks. Lost the use of my outside mirrors two years ago and now the door-locks are unreliable despite changing fob batteries. This worries me. But the vehicle is an amazing drive, true class, very comfortable, and it has never let me down. Mileage also stinks at 14 MPG on highway. This thing is a tank and I know no matter what happens, if I were in an accident, even a head-on, I would live through it. Same with my grandchildren. It's loaded with air bags everywhere. The stereo system is awesome with 14 speakers throughout the car, even in the back. It came loaded with all the perks--leather heated seats, leather steering wheel, tinted windows, back AC as well as front with a separate control panel in the back, sliding sun roof, tons of glass/cup holders, and it's simply a beautiful vehicle. Turns on a dime despite its size, can flip the third row of back seats up to accommodate our huge chocolate lab...we've even hauled hay in it. This is Toyota's classiest SUV, and I have no regrets beyond the electrical. I've had it for 9 years and put on 100k miles, taken it down dirt roads and it's smooth as butter. Just plain a sweet and classy ride. AC is spectacular, and living in AZ makes that a must. Never had it serviced. Just change the oil every 3,000 and the air filter. Great family car and it always garnishes second looks. Paint is equally tough and durable. Other downfall is the cost for Toyota replacement parts. Hubby has a Tundra and it cost him a whopping $250 for a timing belt and new water pump. Ouch! He also paid $90 for an ozone sensor gone bad. Big ouch! Other than that, his truck has nearly 200k on it, still runs like a champ with only oil changes and replaced air filters. We have yet to find a Ford, Chevy, or GM vehicle that beats that, and trust me, we've had them all over the years."