2004 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 515 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Just oil change and regular maintenace.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, great for big families, dependable"

Cons: "Not a money saver in gas"

"I Must add though that we had to replace the switch of the trunk door a couple of times. But other than that is a problem free vehicle! I Would buy it again. Totally reliable."

I love my car !!! always wanted one..

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and safe ride"

Cons: "Gas guzzler,hatch leaks"

"The Sequoia was my dream car and now I own it. Unfortunately for me, I am no longer employed and the cost to fill the tank is beyond my limits. Safest vehicle I've ever owned. The only negative thing I can say about it is, the hatch leaks if the front of the vehicle is parked facing down hill. I'm not sure why or even how to correct the problem other then facing the back end down hill."

Love it.....But I have had some maintenance issues

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Love the space,power and ride"

Cons: "Some Maintenance issues and not great gas mileage"

"I bought my Sequoia used with about 175,000 miles. I love the space, power and how the vehicle drives and looks however the gas mileage is not great. It is comfortable and great on trips with kids. I have had to make a number of major repairs to the vehicle including replacing the transmission, water pump and belts, radiator and other items. So if you are going to purchase one with high mileage I would strongly recommend you get it checked over well and or obtain (if possible)an extended warranty"

Never had a better quality car in my life!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Safe, great smooth, guiet drive and top quality."

Cons: "If drive 100 miles a day Mon-Fri it gets expensive"

"So trouble free, quiet, smooth, excellent in snowy and icy conditions. Leather seats wear so well that after 9 yrs not one tear,like new and so comfy. Roomy enough and seats in back go down to carry big items from home improvement stores, but drives like a car. It is an awesome SUV and haven't been in any other big brand SUV's that compare unless you go to Lexus which I have no idea on reliability, comfort etc. And for an SUV it gets better gas mileage than other brands in it's class."

Almost 200k miles. Never been on a tow truck

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"I love my Sequoia. Beside maintenance only repair was lift gate handle, yaw rate sensor and radio antennas"

Great vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV. Great performance. Reliable."

Cons: "Gas thirsty!! Low mpg."

"Good performance. Confortable. 300,000 miles and motor still like new. Low miles per galon."

I've never driven anything better.

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy, spacious, comfortable, reliable,"

Cons: "It's a gas guzzler."

"Other than the mpg, it's an awesome vehicle to own. With regular maintenance runs like new every time. It's ashamed that because of raising ridiculous gas prices, it's very expensive to drive around in it. It's a great family car. I hate to let it go but feel the need to because of the miles per gallon."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Well made and comfortable"

Cons: "Sound system speakers not up to par."

"Bought used in 2014 and have put 2000 miles on it already. Great in all ways with exception of the jbl speakers in front making a rattling noise. Found this to be a common problem and the repair cost is not bad. It has the best front and rear air conditioning that I have ever had on a car yet (helpful since traveling in Fl and SC)."

Love vehiclhe. two of us-need smaller car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "We have enjoyed driving this vehicle."

Cons: "Just too big for two people"

"The kids do not go with us often all at once so we do not need such a large vehicle. Great vehicle for family with children. Lots of room. Rides nice. Just too big for the two of us."

Great vehicle, no mech probs, pretty thirsty

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, zero mechanical problems"

Cons: "Not great mileage but OK for this size"

"I've really enjoyed owning this big SUV. Totally reliable. Lots of power and towing ability. Great on and off the road. Very comfortable interior. Even with 108K miles it's going strong as ever and probably will last another 100K if I were to keep it. Toyota may have had some bad PR, but they know how to build big truck-based SUVs. The Michelin tires that it came with lasted 70K and still had plenty of tread -- in fact, the tire dealer tried to talk me out of replacing them with new Michelins. Only negatives: MPG. I probably average about 16 MPG overall, and it costs $75 to fill up the tank. It also is a bit tough to park in some conditions. But you have to expect that with a vehicle this size. My dilemma is whether to keep it another couple of years or trade it now while I'll get something for the trade-in. The new Sequoias are $60K+, and even the much smaller 6-cylinder Highlander on the Camry platform are around $40K."

A car you'll love to drive

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "low miles"

"Perfect inside and out"

Extremely reliable and smooth ride.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "spacious, three rows"

Cons: "expensive"

"Very spacious and reliable. A smooth ride. The ABS brake system is exceptional. The gas mileage is horrible. I get about 12.7 mpg in the city. No major issues except my sliding sunroof is kind of loud. I love that the back rear window rows down."

Best SUV I have Ever Had

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"I have been the only owner of this 2003 Sequoia and I love it. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned. Never had any major problems out of it. It runs almost like a car,great acceleration,good gas mileage for an SUV. I have owned a Jeep and an Xterra but hands-down the Sequoia has been the best. Love the 2003 body style and still see quite a few on the road. Once I parked at a shopping mall and there were 4 other Sequoias parked side by side. Of course, I had to park beside them. It was like 'cousins' getting together. 'Nuff Said."

The very best SUV

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Perfect suv"

Cons: "City gas milage"

"I bought this SUV new in 2002 and drove it for 283000 miles without any problem what so ever. I just change oil about every 5000 miles and maintain the timing belt every 90000 miles. I am planning to buy 2 more of this SUV, one for my daughter after graduation and another one for us. I love sequoia ."

Best SUV Ever OWNED 02 Sequoia Limited 4WD

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "roomy, comfy, and most of all reliable,powerful V8"

Cons: "NON-NON"

"Its the best SUV I ever owned had it for a little over 6mos. now we bought it used from a private owner he was the very first owner who took very good care of this 2002 Limited 4WD had over 263K miles on the odometer had seen Toyota Services ever since new... looked great, start ups great and runs great couldn't believe the room of this SUV had it was so comfy that my 2 kids loves it, especially when we went from a small little 2009 Honda Fit Sport to this Sequoia it was a big change plus every other weekend trips you don't have to worry about borrowing other peoples mini-van or SUV... now we have this Sequoia & this year is going to be are very first long trip from Cali to Denver Colorado to visit my sister and the grand canyon off-road adventure with my families... Honestly this is the best and for most reliable ever SUV Toyota ever built to every families who owned one.. last but least I also have a cousin of mine had owned one since 2004 new Limited 4WD with over 300K and still hasn't slow a bit still running strong and very clean and love it..."

best in class, I love this truck, plenty of room

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Great off road truck, especially on steep grade rugged dirt and rock, washed out roads."

Reliable SUV ever drove

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Interior, reliability, comfortable, ride, engine"

Cons: "uses a lot of gas"

"bought my Sequoia SR5 new in 2004 now has over 147K miles with nothing but well maintained oil changes and fluids. Love it because its larger enough on having lots of room the V8 engine is powerful. Its a 10 year old SUV but looks luxurious in style it has interior nice too. Gas mileage isn't bad but use a whole of gas being a larger SUV need something to haul my boat when going fishing otherwise love the Sequoia gets over 25 mpg still has excellent performance and very reliable than ever. I won't trade this SUV anytime soon know can trust it being the best in reliability."

love my truck but it DRINKS gas!!!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Love the room and dependability of Toyota"

Cons: "Gas :(("

"I owned an Ml 320 before this and I traded for a sequoia for more space. I love my truck but sadly I am selling it because I travel 60 miles per day and gas is to expensive to get 13-15 miles per gallon!!!!! I will be looking for another Toyota though. They may not be luxury vehicles but they are very well built and dependable! The only problem I have had with mine is a belt in the engine that needed to be changed but it was very inexpensive to fix (another reason why I LOVE toyota's). P.S. the v8 engine is amazing!!"

Best vehicle in my garage!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive :)"

Cons: "plastic handles easily break :("

"drives really nicely for a big truck. wonderful smooth ride, lots of power and speed, will take you anywhere accross the miles just follow every recommended maintenance service and you wont go wrong. will hold on to this baby 'til it falls apart!"

Second owner of SUV and very happy

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable travel for teens and adults - 8 total"

Cons: "MPG in town is low but worth travel!!"

"Great vehicle for an active person or growthing active family. Many vacations/ sport activities long and short haul. Comfortable for 8 adults with plenty of leg room and sleeping when traveling when chairs are lifted. Would buy Toyota again and recommend limited - top of line. Holds value and the quality is not comparable. Our top family pick and teens love."

amazingly smooth and powerful

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "safe, reliable, smooth, spacious, fun"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"while a large truck this vehicle manages to combine a super silky ride with amazing toughness. I have it on excellent Michelins and it is surefooted and fast but also very stable. I especially like the reliability though - this truck has been well maintained and it has never had any issue. A great vehicle."

Just about perfect

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "exceptional value for preowned, tons of room"

Cons: "hard to think of any"

"We bought our 2006 Sequoia SR5 this year with 147,000 miles on it. The dealer we bought it from had the rear axle hub bearings replaced (which is somewhat common on these trucks) before we bought it. We had the steering shaft bushing/boot (one assembly) replaced. It was torn (which is also very common) and letting engine and exhaust noise in... there are a lot of people who have failed to check this $15.00 boot and assume their exhaust manifold is cracked. 99% of the time, this boot is the culprit for engine noise in the cabin. We are very impressed with the quality of the leather, the fact that there are no rattles or squeaks, and the 4WD capability. We love the power outlet! Great for off road, tailgating, or long road trips. MPG is around 19-20 on flat highway at 70 mph. My friend has the exact same truck with over 300k miles on it and his runs just as good as ours. No doubt we will put 150k more miles on this truck. We paid $12k out the door. It retailed for over 40k in 2006. No brainer... buy a loaded 8 year old Sequoia SR5 4WD for $12k and know you can put 150k miles (and probably much more) on it! Buying a new one just doesn't make sense! Anyway, impressive vehicle. High quality materials and craftsmanship, incredibly smooth and quiet V8, easy to work on, rides like a dream. And it's freakin huge! Seats 8 comfortably. I could go on and on..."

A Future Classic

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, room, styling and reliability"

Cons: "Fuel consumption average for the engine/horsepower"

"Got the Sequoia in 2002 at a very go price. Held on to it because it has mantained its position as a reliable, fun to drive and very good looking vehicle. No need to upgrade as this vehicle has all of the most needed features. I expect this will be a classic as time goes on. Hope my son will hold on to it when he inherits it one day!"

One owner no need any longer family grown up

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "fun and reliable to fit everyone"

Cons: "in good shape but needs very little body work"

still reliable

"Very reliable and serviced often correctly over the years."

still reliable

One owner

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"It is a ONE owner vehicle in very good condition. The car has been had all its routine services checks and can go another 150000 miles."