2003 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 536 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Like new after 10 years!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Space, visbility, quiet, smooth, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "Squeeky moonroof, mileage"

"The $37K we paid in Dec '02 was a stretch for us, but it's been such a great vehicle for our family of 5. We tow a Toyota Epic wake boat (6500lbs) to Havasu four or more times per year. 360 mi round trip, Indio grade, long stretches of desert two-lane, heat of summer...and never once had a problem. Engine power could be better, but we just drop to 2nd and wind her up the hill. It's a Toy, she likes to rev. Installed Firestone Ride-Rites for sag. Also installed DVD for the head rests. Mileage is poor around town, but with its manners, driver visibility and comfort, she's still a joy to drive. Toyota made good with the traction control system which had failed once prior to the recall but they refunded our prior copay. Only persistant dissapointment is the Moonroof which is wonderful, but has squeeked nearly the whole time - dealer couldn't fix. Last thing is that inspection of the engine bay reveales ZERO fluid leaks. The engine, tranny, bellhousing, etc. looks new after 127K and almost 10 years. Am gearing up to change the timing belts (late) and it will be a pleasure to work in a pristine engine bay. Just overhauled my 1995 Toyota pickup with 243K which we bought new. Still a great truck, and the engine was like new inside. We're complete believers in Toyota!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"We bought a 2007 SR5 4wd at season's end. Overall, we are very satisfied. Good visibility, comfortable seats, and very reliable. I like the exterior style better than new models--more land cruiser styling, however, the interior is a bit dated--with a casette player. Now with 20k miles, the engine feels like it is only now breaking in. Excellent vehicle in the snow and off road on our farm we never worry about getting stuck."

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Safest SUV on the road !!!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "SAFETY, SPACE, 12 CUP HOLDERS, SAFE SAFE SAFE !!!"

Cons: "gas mileage isn't great but average for an SUV"

"This is the safest, most comfortabke vehicle available.Boasting 12 cup holders....yes a big deal for families traveling-6 within reach of the driver!! The curtain airbags are amazing. We were hit by a drunk driver and rolled...we had children and great grandma in the back and NOBODY was hurt. Not a single piece of glass broke all of the curtain airbags and front airbags formed a sort of bubble around my family. I will never but anything else. If you have children you should be driving this. There is so much space inside very comfortably seats 7 ....even on a drive from OH to FL. It's a luxury SUV you can feel good about driving. BRAVO Toyota-WELL DONE !!!"

Worth the money

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Had a 1997 4Runner and upgraded to the Sequoia after the 3rd child. Holding all 4 kids comfortably traveling anywhere in any condition, especially snow and winter weather. Bought it with 40k miles and currently rolled 91k on the ODO. Do the maintainence and it will last for 250k easy. Performance and everyday driving is top notch. Watch out for trickly things like the brake fluid levels and VSC lights. There's a lot of "smarts" in the truck. Minor things can cause lots of warning lights - so read up on the details / forums. Next step is the Land Cruiser once the kids get older......."