2003 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 535 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Dependable

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"The 01 Sequoia is a great vehicle. I have 210K on mine and it's still tight. Toyota engines will run forever!!!"

Awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, June 21, 2007

"I love this vehicle!!! I have been driving suburbans and tahoes for the past 5 years, and this vehicle tops them all. It is so comfortable, has lots of storage compartments, and it is just a very smooth ride. I don't think I will ever want to buy anything else!"

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

I've owned this car for 7 years- no issues

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and build quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and blind spots when getting over"

"I have owned this Sequoia for seven years and I have never had to take it to the dealership for any mechanical issues. Of course, I've taken it of the routine preventive things. It still has all the original parts except the water pump and belts because I changed them every 100,000 miles. I will definitely buy another one soon, but I do not really like the design of the newest one."

I love my Sequoia!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roomy, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot, otherwise perfect!"

"We bought this car new in 2005. It has never let us down. It's been on multiple family vacations every year. A few of them driving 20 hours to our destination and 20 hours back. Its been to the mountains, the beach, etc. It has handled every trip without any complications. It has only been in the shop for basic maintenance and upkeep. The motor went out on the tailgate electric window 3x's, but it was under warranty. We haven't had an issue with that since Toyota had them put a newer model motor in the tailgate. It does have a blind spot in the left passenger rear area, so be careful when you back-up. I know three families with this car and all of us have backed into something...multiple times. They now put a rear sensor on the newer models. You can install one on this model. That's what we have done. We have two kids and four dogs. The dogs and kids have put their fair share of wear on this car, but it cleans easily. It is roomy and comfortable. We love traveling in this car. My family is itching to get a new car, but I can't part with my Sequoia yet. I know it still has some good years left in it. I don't like the bigger size of the new Sequoia's, so I'll probably switch to a 4Runner when the time comes. I will definitely stick with Toyota! It's the only car I've ever owned that has been totally dependable in every way."

Greatest SUV!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "So reliable and well made"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Sequoia that I have owned. They are the best large SUV on the market! I just wish they had not changed the body style or I would buy another one. The only thing that needs to be improved is the gas mileage. It gets terrible gas mileage. On another note, though, it is such a reliable, well made vehicle that it is worth paying extra in gas charges."

Like new after 10 years!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Space, visbility, quiet, smooth, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "Squeeky moonroof, mileage"

"The $37K we paid in Dec '02 was a stretch for us, but it's been such a great vehicle for our family of 5. We tow a Toyota Epic wake boat (6500lbs) to Havasu four or more times per year. 360 mi round trip, Indio grade, long stretches of desert two-lane, heat of summer...and never once had a problem. Engine power could be better, but we just drop to 2nd and wind her up the hill. It's a Toy, she likes to rev. Installed Firestone Ride-Rites for sag. Also installed DVD for the head rests. Mileage is poor around town, but with its manners, driver visibility and comfort, she's still a joy to drive. Toyota made good with the traction control system which had failed once prior to the recall but they refunded our prior copay. Only persistant dissapointment is the Moonroof which is wonderful, but has squeeked nearly the whole time - dealer couldn't fix. Last thing is that inspection of the engine bay reveales ZERO fluid leaks. The engine, tranny, bellhousing, etc. looks new after 127K and almost 10 years. Am gearing up to change the timing belts (late) and it will be a pleasure to work in a pristine engine bay. Just overhauled my 1995 Toyota pickup with 243K which we bought new. Still a great truck, and the engine was like new inside. We're complete believers in Toyota!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"We bought a 2007 SR5 4wd at season's end. Overall, we are very satisfied. Good visibility, comfortable seats, and very reliable. I like the exterior style better than new models--more land cruiser styling, however, the interior is a bit dated--with a casette player. Now with 20k miles, the engine feels like it is only now breaking in. Excellent vehicle in the snow and off road on our farm we never worry about getting stuck."

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Safest SUV on the road !!!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "SAFETY, SPACE, 12 CUP HOLDERS, SAFE SAFE SAFE !!!"

Cons: "gas mileage isn't great but average for an SUV"

"This is the safest, most comfortabke vehicle available.Boasting 12 cup holders....yes a big deal for families traveling-6 within reach of the driver!! The curtain airbags are amazing. We were hit by a drunk driver and rolled...we had children and great grandma in the back and NOBODY was hurt. Not a single piece of glass broke all of the curtain airbags and front airbags formed a sort of bubble around my family. I will never but anything else. If you have children you should be driving this. There is so much space inside very comfortably seats 7 ....even on a drive from OH to FL. It's a luxury SUV you can feel good about driving. BRAVO Toyota-WELL DONE !!!"