2003 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 497 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

love my truck but it DRINKS gas!!!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Love the room and dependability of Toyota"

Cons: "Gas :(("

"I owned an Ml 320 before this and I traded for a sequoia for more space. I love my truck but sadly I am selling it because I travel 60 miles per day and gas is to expensive to get 13-15 miles per gallon!!!!! I will be looking for another Toyota though. They may not be luxury vehicles but they are very well built and dependable! The only problem I have had with mine is a belt in the engine that needed to be changed but it was very inexpensive to fix (another reason why I LOVE toyota's). P.S. the v8 engine is amazing!!"

Best vehicle in my garage!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive :)"

Cons: "plastic handles easily break :("

"drives really nicely for a big truck. wonderful smooth ride, lots of power and speed, will take you anywhere accross the miles just follow every recommended maintenance service and you wont go wrong. will hold on to this baby 'til it falls apart!"

Second owner of SUV and very happy

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable travel for teens and adults - 8 total"

Cons: "MPG in town is low but worth travel!!"

"Great vehicle for an active person or growthing active family. Many vacations/ sport activities long and short haul. Comfortable for 8 adults with plenty of leg room and sleeping when traveling when chairs are lifted. Would buy Toyota again and recommend limited - top of line. Holds value and the quality is not comparable. Our top family pick and teens love."

amazingly smooth and powerful

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "safe, reliable, smooth, spacious, fun"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"while a large truck this vehicle manages to combine a super silky ride with amazing toughness. I have it on excellent Michelins and it is surefooted and fast but also very stable. I especially like the reliability though - this truck has been well maintained and it has never had any issue. A great vehicle."

Just about perfect

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "exceptional value for preowned, tons of room"

Cons: "hard to think of any"

"We bought our 2006 Sequoia SR5 this year with 147,000 miles on it. The dealer we bought it from had the rear axle hub bearings replaced (which is somewhat common on these trucks) before we bought it. We had the steering shaft bushing/boot (one assembly) replaced. It was torn (which is also very common) and letting engine and exhaust noise in... there are a lot of people who have failed to check this $15.00 boot and assume their exhaust manifold is cracked. 99% of the time, this boot is the culprit for engine noise in the cabin. We are very impressed with the quality of the leather, the fact that there are no rattles or squeaks, and the 4WD capability. We love the power outlet! Great for off road, tailgating, or long road trips. MPG is around 19-20 on flat highway at 70 mph. My friend has the exact same truck with over 300k miles on it and his runs just as good as ours. No doubt we will put 150k more miles on this truck. We paid $12k out the door. It retailed for over 40k in 2006. No brainer... buy a loaded 8 year old Sequoia SR5 4WD for $12k and know you can put 150k miles (and probably much more) on it! Buying a new one just doesn't make sense! Anyway, impressive vehicle. High quality materials and craftsmanship, incredibly smooth and quiet V8, easy to work on, rides like a dream. And it's freakin huge! Seats 8 comfortably. I could go on and on..."

A Future Classic

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, room, styling and reliability"

Cons: "Fuel consumption average for the engine/horsepower"

"Got the Sequoia in 2002 at a very go price. Held on to it because it has mantained its position as a reliable, fun to drive and very good looking vehicle. No need to upgrade as this vehicle has all of the most needed features. I expect this will be a classic as time goes on. Hope my son will hold on to it when he inherits it one day!"

One owner no need any longer family grown up

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "fun and reliable to fit everyone"

Cons: "in good shape but needs very little body work"

still reliable

"Very reliable and serviced often correctly over the years."

still reliable

One owner

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"It is a ONE owner vehicle in very good condition. The car has been had all its routine services checks and can go another 150000 miles."

This vehicle is perfect and runs good.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "90%"

Cons: "90%"

"I haved used this vehicle for about seven years and I have not had any major problem with it. I have changed the oil regularly and I changed the tires last year.Anbody buys this vehicle he or she will not regret, becuse it runs like new."

very nice car

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"very good, reliable, strong. the only problem is the gas consumption."

Great car, rugged and reliable.

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive."

Cons: "Brake pads & o2 sensors"

"This has been a great car. Rugged and reliable in all types of weather, deep snow, rain, mud, you name it, punch in the four wheel drive and it goes anywhere. Some problem areas are that it eats the Toyota brand brake pads, and the O2 sensors tend to need replacement too often. I upgraded to a better brand of brake pad and that problem was solved. I would also recommend the optional off-road skid pan to protect the oil pan, because the car will go over almost anything with its high clearance, but large ice piles or rocks could damage the pan without that protection."

Love this Car

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "drives awesome. runs great. very reliable"

Cons: "can't use navigation while driving"

"I love my Toyota so much. Gets great traction in the snow. 4WD works flawlessly. No problems with this car. I love the way it drives. Fits my large family perfectly. Leather Holds up great. My favorite feature: Back Window Rolls Down. My Least Favorite Feature: Back Up Alarm is annoying when pulling a trailer"

Best car: 7 years old and problem free

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"Love everything about this car; it's remarkably rugged and reliable and great for tailgates. It's got 180,000 mi on it and drives like new. One issue only: I have to reach high to grab the pull to close the hatchback. Other than that, it's perfect; I look forward to the next 7 years."

I love this SUV so much especially the 2000 style.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"I wish I could find the same model/style with very low mileage. The style should have never change. I love the 2000/2001 look.....so happy with my truck, but I know my time is running out on this truck due to the high mileage. I am hoping for 300,000 miles before I need to purchase a new vehicle. She has been so great to me!!!!"

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"It holds a lot of grandkids and is very reliable."

Toyota Sequoia in Xlnt Shape, Lo Milege & Runs Grt

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "See and enjoy this great running Toyota Sequoia"

Cons: "If you're looking for a SUV, you'll love this one"

"Super Sharp blk Toyota Sequoia,4Drs w/hatch back. Seats 8 & room to spare. Includes roof rack & tow package, pwr dr loc, seats,& wndws, A/C, sunroof & much more. 2002 model w/107k miles and Runs Great. Must see & test drive."

great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "smooth transmission and safety items"

Cons: "tailgate handle or locking mechanism"

"Our family of 5 and 2 smaller dogs love this vehicle. We always say to friends when describing our Sequoia that NOBODY EVER COMPLAINS while traveling in this vehicle. I love how it pulls our 20 foot hybrid camping trailer with weight distribution hitch. Everything is so smooth. The shifting, the ride, the seats and on and on... I say that this is no fun to drive jokingly because it has advanced safety features that take the fun out of sliding in snow and ice. I am worried because I have to look for another vehicle as ours approaches 141000 miles and would like to stay on top of trailer towing capacity, safety and power here in the mountain elevation. Heard and know firsthand about toyota quality but there are other towing options. Wish I could just get another Sequoia but a pickup may be made more for towing in the mountains. I had one issue with Seqoia in the tailgate lock acting up, rumor is they should recall but who knows... its a hassle to access only through rear window instead of gate until either pay to fix or do it yourself ( tailgate handle breaks and or issue around lock mechanism. great vehicle and safe. shawn"

Lowest maintenance car I've ever owned

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and dependable and lots of cup holders"

Cons: "Fast and the older kids don't mind borrowing it"

"I have had a fair number of cars, all American made until I paid over $40k for a cadillac that the motor started knocking at 100k miles and a client of mine told me to try a Toyota, they were very reliable and held their value. I've had this Sequoia for 8 years now and have put almost 200k miles on it, I'm a realtor and drive a great deal and I have never had to have the car serviced for anything other than routine maintenance items like brakes and oil changes. I couldn't be happier. My clients brag about the compfort in the back seats and my elderly parents love the handles around the back doors that help them get in. With 3 rows of seating there's plenty of room for the kids and grandkids and the seats are easy to lay down when I go shopping and have big items. I've put a chest of drawers in the back with no problem. My son's took it to the beach and with their sleeping bags were able to lay the seats down and sleep comfortably in back. The gas mileage isn't bad consiering the power of the V8 engine, it's a fast ride and really comfortable. I'll buy another one if this one ever wears out. Sorry American car makers, you have to step up your game to beat the Toyota."

Awesome family car----

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, kids loved DVD"

Cons: "Expensive to upgrade navigation"

"This car has taken me to so many places and moved me around the Palm Desert area in CA. It was a great family car and a great car for a divorced woman who is on the move. Now that I am settling down its time to let go of the past and start a new future and that means a new car."

The Beast. Powerful, reliable, safe, roomy.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Trustworthy even after 215,000 miles."

Cons: "gas mileage - 15.3"

"I live in Colorado and have driven this SUV more than 200,000 miles.I plan to drive it at least another 100,000. It does not slip in the snow and the 4.7 V8 cruises up the mountains fully loaded without breaking a sweat. The only downside is V8 gas mileage which averages 15.5 mpg mixed city/highway. I replaced the struts at 210,000 miles. I think that's to be expected. Otherwise, only normal maintenance."

Awesome truck will always buy a Toyota!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Cons: "I cant think of one!"

"This truck is amazing I love it ! Best money spent Toyota does a awesome job! This truck has been everywhere ans is like traveling in your living room. Keep the oil changed and on a regular basis and it will be really good to you. Mine is in GREAT condition just starting to show a little rust in the interior door wells. Other then that it is a great truck. It runs great smooth and can hual my sons apt not 2x but three times Been to dog shows with my large dogs and road trips. Would not take anything else. With 158,000 miles it still runs like they day a bought it! LOVE IT!"

I had this car for 8 years no problems

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Best comfort"

Cons: "Less gas mileage"

"I love this car"

This vehicle is a winner!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Space, DVD system, realiability, towing, 4WD"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We bought our 2005 Sequoia used in 2009. It had 51k miles. We've had no mechanical or electrical problems whatsoever. The Sequoia with DVD system is great for long roads trips, especially with kids. When our boys start fighting, we send one of them back to the 3rd row. Seating capacity of 8 is a real plus. We tow a 4200 pound camper with no problems. The 4WD has been a huge bonus for our Minnesota winters. Leather interior is mandatory with kids. Cleanup is SOOO much easier. One of the big benefits is the cargo room with the rear seats removed. We've hauled building materials both inside the SUV and using the roof rack. No need to rent the truck from Home Depot! This vehicle's got it all!"

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25