2002 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 548 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

The Swiss Army Knife of Vehicles

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "A True UTILITY vehicle! Love this vehicle"

Cons: "not fitting into a compact car parking spot"

"Have owned the 2003 4x4 Limited Toyota Sequoia since new. Reliability has be great. I call this the Swiss Army Knife of vehicles because anything short of a drag race, this vehicle can do. Kids, Dogs, Hiking, Camping, Tow a Boat, Moving Furniture, Soccer Practice, off road trails, haul mulch... I think you get the picture."

Excellent family car

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable, convenient-great ride"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I wanted a Sequoia Limited for many years before we bought this one pre-owned a couple of years ago. I have not been disappointed! This vehicle has performed wonderfully in all kinds of weather conditions, including towing a good-sized RV. Obviously I wish it had better gas mileage, but the comfort, safety, and reliability far outweigh any concerns about gas mileage. The only time I had it in the shop was because I did not know how to operate the 4WD. It was working fine! This is a great car, I plan to drive a Sequoia forever!"

Great vehicle overall

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Great overall. The drive shaft U joints were completely rusted at 65k and had to be replace. Toyota will not sell the U joints separately; therefore, the entire drive shaft had to be changed big $. Also, the transmission slips and you feel a jerk at times upon stopping. There are times when turning, that the accelerator does not work (feels like reving the engine). Overall this is a great vehicle. My friends have many many many more issues with other makes of vehicles."

love my Sequoia

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"this vehichle is awesome... quality through out... still like brand new... well worth the price..."

Solid SUV

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Built to last"

Cons: "Bad tailgate handle, if you haven't replaced will"

"Car is solid, that is the only description I can think of. 120,000 miles no rattles, drives solid, no major defects, tons of room, reliable. I have no question that it will be reliable right through the 200K mark. Great car!"

First Toyota I have owned, and I love it.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "parking in tight lots."

"First Toyota ever owned and I love it. thinking very serously about purchasing another Toyota product very soon. Added a K and N air filter and run full synthetic oil in everything and I get consitant 17mpg in city. Some may say WHAT, but those who know this is pretty good. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looling for a great SUV."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, responsive, powerful."

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"One of the most important criteria that must be met when buying a vehicle is reliability. I have been a loyal Toyota owner for many years primarily for this reason. I have never had a breakdown or been stranded anywhere because of a factory defect issue, unlike the experience I have had in the past with American made vehicles. The Toyota Sequoia drives with all the comfort and response of a luxury car with the added benefit of a lot of extra room for passengers and/or cargo. The powerful V8 engine is more than adequate for hauling weight or simply climbing high altitude mountain roads with ease. Although my vehicle is a 2004 model, it still runs just as smooth and is just as reliable as it was the day I drove it off the dealers lot. I have considered purchasing a new Sequoia Limited Edition but this tends to be unrealistic in today's economy, considering the significant increase in price for the new models and the rate of fuel consumption on this vehicle. Toyota may be pricing themselves out of the SUV market if this trend continues."

Simply the best

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, powerful and quiet."

Cons: "Can't think of a thing."

"It would be hard to imagine a smoother, quieter riding large suv (my Lexus does edge it slightly but that's a car). It would be nice if the mileage were better than 16-17 but my bud's Expedition only manages 13-14 so I guess I shouldn't complain."

Love it; we plan to buy another; great vehicle.

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Great car to drive"

"This car has served us very well. It is good looking inside and out, roomy, six cup holders great air distribution, good milage, great reliability."

Awesome SUV

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"I bought my Sequoia new in 2002 and have only had to have regular maintenance on it. It has been the perfect vehicle for family vacations, tailgating, and regular everyday use. I would highly suggest a Sequoia to anyone in the market!"

2005 Sequoia Limited

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I bought a 2005 Limited Sequoia with options maxed out and could not be happier 5 years and 125k miles later. There have been minimal wear and tear fixes but otherwise no mechanical issues. I also had a 2005 LTD Suburban as well but just traded that one in for a new 2010 Sequoia - so I have 2 Sequoias now (2005 and 2010)! The Suburban always had some engine light on, some of which could not be diagnosed (even at the dealer) and just chalked up to 'being a Suburban.' The 2005 Sequoia is quiet, tight, and comfortable. The 2005 Suburban was loud and bulky (although was comfortable on long road trips). When it came time to ditch the Suburban (tired of taking it to the shop) it was no contest - The 2010 Sequoia was an easy choice - it's even better than the 2005 version! Hope this is helpful."

awesome

By on Saturday, September 04, 2010

"only suv i will buy.. 100000 miles and drives like brand new. i finally had to replace the brakes at 100000 miles."

Awesome Truck

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"Our first Sequoia was a '01 and after being hit head on by a drunk driver and the whole family walking away unscathed we purchased a new '03. Have over 120k miles and have found it to be the best value and large SUV to drive. We could have purchased a "luxury" SUV but find that the Sequoia offers all of the luxury and also delivers the best bang for the dollar. Highly recommend it to anyone."

Awesome, reliable, many uses

By on Sunday, July 18, 2010

"We bought our Sequoia in 2002. Best purchase made for an SUV. After test driving all other SUV's in its class, it outperformed all others and won us over. No major issues at all. She drives like new to this date. Sound, reliable and very safe. After completing all of the regular maintenance requirements and a new set of Michelins, she still purrrrs like a kitten."

2001 Sequoia a Faithful Servant

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"We finally said goodbye to our 2001 Sequoia Limited today after 8+ years and 219,000 miles. It has been a true workhorse of a family car, used and abused by a growing family of three boys, various animals and a couple of parents that asked more of it than we should. We purchased it new, one of the first on the market, and drove it all over the country in all kinds of conditions. It never failed to get us where we needed to go, despite the weather or the road conditions. We had some issues with the VSC system when we first bought it, and the dealer had to learn about it with us as we went through a few tries to get the lights to go off on the dashboard. We replaced the transmission somewhere around 150,000 miles and have gone through a few sets of brake pads and tires. Other than the scheduled maintenance, which we were not very good at maintaining, there have been no issues with the mechanics. Various interior trim pieces have disappeared along the way, and a seam on the front passenger seat spilt about a year ago, but nothing major. We loved this car. We replaced it today with a beautifully maintained 2006 Sequoia Limited with 74717 miles on the odometer. There is no doubt in our minds that we will enjoy the new car for another 150,000 miles."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"This SR5 was heaven sent, I bought it new and now has 106K miles. We take it all over eastern U.S. for vacations regularly. Wife had it as a daily car for a little while until we got smart an obtained a 3rd vehicle to keep the miles of this beast. It can do everything!! Hiking, camping, commuting, cross-country travel. I've removed the seats and slept 8 hrs in it. Zero problems up to now, except a minor recall on the transaxle (I think, but no $$$ out of my pocket). Tires and brakes will cost you, but it doesn't wear through them fast. Now that it is decked out with dockable GPS, I can't wait to see where the next 5-10 years take us. Mobile 1 all the way, never driving, sounding better. I make sure I take photos of it with family next to palm trees, snow, etc. just to look back someday. No doubt part of the family, right below the dog in stature."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"my 2003 is my second Sequoia. Loved the first one and this one. Never had one problem with it. Change the oil and drive it and worry free. Good tow vehicle but there are more powerfull ones out there. This will get better MPG than some of those though. we average about 16 MPG mostly city driving. 22MPG on a trip not towing. Great truck no doubt"

Good Vehicle, But...

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"2003 purchased new. Now have 87,000 miles. I love the truck - roomy, rides & drives good, fit and finish is very good. Only complaint is the high cost to keep the Traction and Stability Control systems in working order. Had to replace two sensors and computers, and brake booster over last two years at total cost of $3,000."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this new in 2002. It's been great. Only minor issues since I've owned it and now at 100,000 miles. Only one mnfg defect -- a pinched electrical wire -- which was repaired early. As for build quality the only issues that we've seen are seats that wear out more easily than others we've had and some issues with the tail gate latch."

SATISFIED

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I have owned a few SUV's in my life time and this one is da bomb. It is dependable, roomy and has been nothing but a pleaseure to operate. I would recommend to any family."

Great Multi purpose vehicle

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"2002 bought in Oct.01, now has 107K with only one issue the rear hatch door handle replaced twice and window mechanism itself just replaced due to rust inside the door. Only G,O,&F's done got 40K out of the 1st and 2nd set of Bridgestone tires. Still original rotors and only second set of pads front and rear. 15-17 town mileage and as much as 22 highway the 4.7 runs flawlessly pulls strong and burns no oil and at 6'8" have found it very comfortable. Kids gone now so will probably switch to their new Tundra in the future."

Excellent!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"We have really enjoyed our 2001 Toyota Sequoia. We just sold our 2000 Toyota Sienna which had 137,000 miles on it to purchase the Sequoia. Our Sequoia 4x4 Limited has 69,100 miles on it. It rides great and fits plenty of people. We got a great deal on it. The gas mileage is not too bad since my wife drives to places pretty close to home. We love it."

Nice But...

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"Not as comfortable as my Expedition was. Great gas mileage for a v8 suv and can fit alot of stuff. Would recommend to anyone who wants a suv that gets good gas mileage, and looks good. I have big tires and 22 inch rims so it looks tight. JBL Sound system is nice.. Cloth interior way better than leather.. I go 70k on my 01..."

Safe and Comfortable

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I was recently rear ended while at a complete stop during freeway construction. The other car was totaled and we walked away sore but fine. They were able to do a temp repair and I drove it 200 miles home. The jury is still out on whether they will total it or not but it drove home like a dream."

By on Sunday, July 01, 2007

"This is a great SUV. I have been driving an 03 for four years and just traded it in for a 07. I love it SO much!!! Second to none"